Recent Topics

Ads

AM in City Instance not worth playing

Let's talk about... everything else
Panodil

Re: AM in City Instance not worth playing

Post#21 » Mon Dec 07, 2020 2:55 pm

Dabbart wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 2:42 pm Please. Show me 1 SS of an AM/Sham top healer in a city organized group.
All that leaky been in. but maybe just him being godmode healer.
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... nknown.png

Not saving screens, just latest i found on discord.
But yea hes almost always top on any healer, so does not represent most am/shamans
Panodil WP
Panodill DoK
Panodilz Zealot
Panodilr Runepriest
Run Shaman
Panage Archmage

Ads
Panodil

Post#22 » Mon Dec 07, 2020 2:58 pm

Tankbeardz wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 2:53 pm
Dabbart wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 2:42 pm Please. Show me 1 SS of an AM/Sham top healer in a city organized group.
It can be done as long as you have a BO/Choppa decreasing your cooldowns.

The issue I have with this thread is the bs though...In city, the survivability aint that great if you are slotting things like insta rez and aoe cleanse instead of auto-detaunt/run away. If you go selfish in city, your entire team hurts. There is too much theory crafting going here.
Yea, dont think top am/shamans run instares/cleanse/moralbuild, that **** will get you killed
Panodil WP
Panodill DoK
Panodilz Zealot
Panodilr Runepriest
Run Shaman
Panage Archmage

Dabbart

Post#23 » Mon Dec 07, 2020 3:00 pm

1.8mil is pretty good, but not crazy for a city fight when you get champ. A lot of kills, but that doesn't mean much.
Spoiler:

in a full 24v24 brawl, AM/Sham can't keep up. And some of those were in heal spec, not insta rezz.

Note: Ok, I was a **** to say show me 1 SS. Obviously, it will happen. Just very rarely. Edit 2: Nope, apparently I was just a ****.
Last edited by Dabbart on Mon Dec 07, 2020 3:14 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Azarael wrote: It's only a nerf if you're bad.

(see, I can shitpost too!)
Secrets wrote: Kindly adjust your attitude to actually help the community and do not impose your will on it. You aren't as powerful as you think.

Jabba

Post#24 » Mon Dec 07, 2020 3:02 pm

As people have said, Am/Sham can most certainly get top healing in cities. Most likely to happen in even fights with competent groups however, which are rare enough occurences.
Give them cooldown reductions, a melee train to heal, prolonged fights and enemies that do sufficient damage so that fury/vaul isn't mostly wasted doing overhealing constantly, and am/shams should be top healing.

If the city is a stomp or filled with pugs scattered all over the place, or if your party has no cd reductions for the am/sham, then yer, shaman/am numbers will suffer. Dok/wp and Rp/Zeal will have a far easier time hoovering up all the fluff damage heals.
Tushi Splats Tush Emoalbino Podge

Arbich
Suspended

Post#25 » Mon Dec 07, 2020 3:10 pm

What do you mean with a brawl?
In a big clumped fight WP and DoK struggle to keep up with AM/Shamans actuall (due to how EoV/FodG is working). Thats the specific conditions I was talking about (more likely in altdorf than in IC, i would say).
But yes, depends if and how the emeny can focus the shaman/AM.
Arbich-BW/Xanthippe-WP/Schnipsel-AM

Dabbart

Post#26 » Mon Dec 07, 2020 3:11 pm

brawl=fight that doesn't end within the first m4 timing. Edit: Keep in mind, this is a city fight, not a keep/fort siege. Fights lasting that long mean initial positioning long since became irrelevant and there have been multiple rezz chains/morale drops. And lol at clumped up fights not being literally what dok/wp is made for...
Last edited by Dabbart on Mon Dec 07, 2020 3:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Azarael wrote: It's only a nerf if you're bad.

(see, I can shitpost too!)
Secrets wrote: Kindly adjust your attitude to actually help the community and do not impose your will on it. You aren't as powerful as you think.

cimator

Post#27 » Mon Dec 07, 2020 3:12 pm

Dabbart wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 3:00 pm

in a full 24v24 brawl, AM/Sham can't keep up. And some of those were in heal spec, not insta rezz.

Note: Ok, I was a **** to say show me 1 SS. Obviously, it will happen. Just very rarely.
I was top heals with AM on almost every city so far, BUT I had a good SM using WW on cd all the time and I go hardcore always. It doesnt really represent AM as a whole. Most pug AMs we see usually have the same heals as an SM with heal tactic.
I think it does need an overall buff, especially to make it more pug friendly.
-Leakypants
-Leakyskull
-Leakybrains

-Leakyburn(Cimator)
-Midgety Claus
-Runawayop
-Rampageop

Arbich
Suspended

Post#28 » Mon Dec 07, 2020 3:41 pm

Dabbart wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 3:11 pm And lol at clumped up fights not being literally what dok/wp is made for...
why lol?
you mean melee WP/DoK? Its also quite situational.
Or because of smite?
Mind you: Group heal and group hot have 100ft range. fights in a diameter of 200ft is quite the opposite to clumped.
Arbich-BW/Xanthippe-WP/Schnipsel-AM

Ads
lyncher12

Post#29 » Mon Dec 07, 2020 3:45 pm

wasn't in an organized group,voice or even had properly timed cd reducers. though for every 1 of these theres like 8 where its not like that. shaman/am not only needs proper timing of ww,etc they need a fight that lasts longer than 5 seconds and has people grouped up. a lot of effort as opposed to just using smite and group hot/heal as such i would not recommend anyone to play this **** class.

cimator

Post#30 » Mon Dec 07, 2020 3:56 pm

lyncher12 wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 3:45 pm Image

wasn't in an organized group,voice or even had properly timed cd reducers. though for every 1 of these theres like 8 where its not like that. shaman/am not only needs proper timing of ww,etc they need a fight that lasts longer than 5 seconds and has people grouped up. a lot of effort as opposed to just using smite and group hot/heal as such i would not recommend anyone to play this **** class.

Exactly, so many things need to be right for AM to heal properly.
My usual advice is if you arent an experienced healer just play rp or wp
-Leakypants
-Leakyskull
-Leakybrains

-Leakyburn(Cimator)
-Midgety Claus
-Runawayop
-Rampageop