Recent Topics

Ads

meta classes in roaming 1v1 or duo (small scale)

Let's talk about... everything else
Sundowner

Re: meta classes in roaming 1v1 or duo (small scale)

Post#11 » Fri Dec 11, 2020 8:40 pm

Krima wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 7:14 pm
Sundowner wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 4:18 pm WL is trash, burst was destroyed with nerfs, and self-sustain is low. not the greatest solo-roamer.
1v1s not about burst!!

WLs still top of the chain if played correctly.
Yeah I know that 1v1 is almost complete opposite of burst, but burst was WLs strongest side and it was destroyed.

WL is good against other dps (apart from full defensive mara probably), but against shammies and tanks? with range kd even SHs are better in solo

Ads
phononHYPE

Post#12 » Fri Dec 11, 2020 9:00 pm

yoluigi wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 4:04 pm ...
8.Marauder / Choopa's The reason i put marauder low on the list is i never see them roaming solo for some reasons. But when i see one with sov gear he alwas beat the **** out of me. but i feel some mauraders are super good and other not really.(depends on the build i imagine) Same for choopa they alwas roaming with an aoe build but when they change for 1v1 build they beat me easily.

Define a 1v1 build that is different from aoe for choppa. Because as a long time 2h choppa, will all three city sets, I can tell you 2h still sucks solo. I have luck with some random dps shaman throws me a HoT, but Hitta tree needs some love something fierce.
Chasing the golden carrot that is my alts.

my 2h choppa ideas
learn about Initiative

Sponn
Suspended

Post#13 » Fri Dec 11, 2020 9:03 pm

yoluigi wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 7:48 pm How about Order? how you guys list it. AM first or? Guys am not talking about nerfing anything.
AM is a poor man's roaming Shammy change my mind.

Pretty much all destro classes are better at roaming, they are more complete by themselves.

The "idea" is that Order is supposed to be better grouped up or some thing? But like if you take someone who is self sufficient and team with another self sufficient player it doesn't make your comp any worse.

Def a destro bias, it is ez mode on that side for sure as far as mechanics go and melee blob plays go.

I mean how many abilities have been mirrored to destro? SH literally got to be psuedo WLs and they still complain. All 2h tanks on Destro are wayy better than 2h tanks on Order. Dok and shammy soloing experience wayy better than WP and AM. Hell I know AMs who are about to retire from city because of how ass slapped they get.

Destro just needs to stop being a bunch of anti-social wannabe heroes. They could push literally every day, they have the pop advantage constantly. No excuses.

As I type this Destro has an 8% pop advantage in t4, which is usually average. But they can't seem to push for the life of them, yet some how win cities with pugs.

Take your social anxiety meds destro and get to pushing, you guys got this. Only thing holding you back is yourself.

paperclipdog

Post#14 » Fri Dec 11, 2020 9:11 pm

I'm not sure if this thread is about what you see the most or what's strongest, so here goes from solo Magus semi-glasscanon pov:

See the most: WH by far

Strongest vs me:

1. dps AM (**** your AP drain reeee)
2. WL (good ones)
3. WH
4. mSW

The only other thing you see solo are Engis, everything else is extremely rare.

noobwarrior

Post#15 » Fri Dec 11, 2020 9:18 pm

the problem is because the majority here are only browser players and only a few think about what can my character or not
that's why you only hear nerf this class or that.
in relation to myself I proceed as if I were playing chess I know most of you so I know how to proceed against you
and if I should fail I had bad luck.. each class is suitable for playing solo it depends on the player

StrongUn

Post#16 » Fri Dec 11, 2020 10:09 pm

AM / Shaman

100ft range
AP drain
Snare puddle
AOE KB
AOE / ST detaunt
Resistance debuffs
Good burst
Self Absorb + Self Heals + Self buffs

Arixe

Post#17 » Fri Dec 11, 2020 10:16 pm

You all know that solo roaming is not allowed in this game. Stop this nonsense.

sighy

Post#18 » Sat Dec 12, 2020 2:02 am

Sponn wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 9:03 pm
yoluigi wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 7:48 pm How about Order? how you guys list it. AM first or? Guys am not talking about nerfing anything.
AM is a poor man's roaming Shammy change my mind.

Pretty much all destro classes are better at roaming, they are more complete by themselves.

The "idea" is that Order is supposed to be better grouped up or some thing? But like if you take someone who is self sufficient and team with another self sufficient player it doesn't make your comp any worse.

Def a destro bias, it is ez mode on that side for sure as far as mechanics go and melee blob plays go.

I mean how many abilities have been mirrored to destro? SH literally got to be psuedo WLs and they still complain. All 2h tanks on Destro are wayy better than 2h tanks on Order. Dok and shammy soloing experience wayy better than WP and AM. Hell I know AMs who are about to retire from city because of how ass slapped they get.

Destro just needs to stop being a bunch of anti-social wannabe heroes. They could push literally every day, they have the pop advantage constantly. No excuses.

As I type this Destro has an 8% pop advantage in t4, which is usually average. But they can't seem to push for the life of them, yet some how win cities with pugs.

Take your social anxiety meds destro and get to pushing, you guys got this. Only thing holding you back is yourself.
Not sure why you are talking about that in a thread about 1v1+/smallscale meta, but I'll bite. Except the part about mechanical complexity of order deathballs, which is about as derailed from topic at hand as one can get.

To put it bluntly nobody on destro i know enjoys running into order deathballs, especially in tight enclosed spaces, which leaves the people who play actively to roam in relatively consise groups of generally up to 6 people hanging out and having a nice day. As for the city thing Destro doesn't have all the good **** on like 3 classes, unlike Order.

Ads
sighy

Post#19 » Sat Dec 12, 2020 2:05 am

I'd say that WE should be under DPS DoK, except some very situational happenings 3+ groups I'd say that sorcs start becoming kinda viable, with their single target specs.

Toshutkidup

Post#20 » Sat Dec 12, 2020 2:19 am

From my POV of a mostly solo Slayer main going on 4yrs of doing it on this server. Some players individually do batter than overall ranking so I’m not talking about specific people. Just overall classes that I see and fight overall solo 1v1. And this doesn’t include running away. If fight starts it’s finishing to see who lives.

1:sham doesn’t matter spec, I can’t kill it.
2:Magus
3:Sh (melee or rdps if played well. )
4:chosen 2h
5:B-Orc 2h
6:BG
7:Dps/shield DoK
8:zealot again I just can’t kill them dps or heal
9:Mara
10:Choppa
11:We
12:Sorc ( however few do very very well )
First RR90 Slayer working towards the top of the mountain.I still solo, still run riposte.

Twitch:https://www.twitch.tv/toshutkidup
My Youtube http://www.youtube.com/c/Toshutkidup