Recent Topics

Ads

do we have a balance problem?

Let's talk about... everything else
Orgruk

Re: do we have a balance problem?

Post#11 » Tue Dec 15, 2020 12:42 pm

Looks like you are experiencing what keeps me from playing these days : people pushing from one side/faction then logging on the other one for easy City full of pug.
My Choppa/Slayer proposals : Better Rage > GTDC replacement > Balance

Ads
Sundowner

Post#12 » Tue Dec 15, 2020 12:44 pm

Destro logic- if some order pugs were not 2-2-2, that justifies 7-0 score in cities or 80% winrate. also git gud, and also rampage is op. :)

Arbich
Suspended

Post#13 » Tue Dec 15, 2020 12:46 pm

VindicoAtrum wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 12:35 pm
TreefAM wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 12:27 pm Can't do much when your 12man is filled with 7dps 2tank 3heal.
Would have made a bigger group, but time was running out, logged too late.
You don't see the wider issue here.

Solo city queue is necessary and awful, both for you and for the solo queuers. Every other MMO adds groupfinders, matchmaking systems, soloers-only queues (mobas do this as well because they realised fookin' years ago that premades stomping pugs = pugs stop playing). For some reason we're so hardcore here that we reject all those sensible measures in favour of "haha get a group you dumb pubbie"

Maybe if City was the secondary method of obtaining royals and rvr was the primary (instead of the current city primary rvr secondary) solo queuers wouldn't have to sit on your shoulders and asked to be carried.

Or add the ranked matchmaking system to city so this **** isn't wasting our time

1. Yes, we are that hardcore.
2. With solo-only queues you hurt the one side that still have warbands waiting in queue due to population imbalance.
3. With matchmaking system you deny the glorious 24 engis pug city any chance to get at least the loser emblems and bags.

About a secondary method to obtain royals, I agree. I am still baffled why the devs after the fort/invader complains implement the exast same system for city. It would have been so easy: increase the cost of sovereign set x10, increase rewards in city x10 and then think of extra possible rewards adjusted to the progress you like. Instead we got shards now...
Arbich-BW/Xanthippe-WP/Schnipsel-AM

sgtnanners

Post#14 » Tue Dec 15, 2020 12:49 pm

You dont understand how many times this **** is parroted back and fourth its comical to most longtime RoR players at this point. Someone feel free to pull up the old threads of people talking about pug cities from 8 months ago and devs said city is the endgame and people should HAVE TO get organized to win it so quit whining. Dont expect to win if you pug because Id say I lose 80% of the time when I solo q.

And as far as x-realming, it seems like as of 1-2 weeks ago an order alliance has been playing destro resulting in a lot more destro fort wins (those exist?) AND daily altdorfs. Just like what happened 1-2 months ago when a destro alliance started x-realming on order and dominated late night/early morning NA.
84 Sorc
82 Squig Herder
7x Shaman
7x Ironbreaker

knick

Post#15 » Tue Dec 15, 2020 12:55 pm

i was in a build 2-2-2 setup and i know at least 2 more build warbands. from the rest i dont know how they put together.
so at least 3 competitive warbands but even with our 2-2-2 build in my city we stand no chance. not even a small one. only reason why we won step 2 is because we are good in pve.

and this is not a matter of time. I play on EU prime time like the most players on the server (sry NA players). So arguments like "ItS DeStRo TiMe" or "AlL ZeRg GuiLdS oN DeStRo" are stupid. Its prime time so its prime time. Should ask why on prime time we have a unbalance...
Knick WL RR85+
Knickli Mara RR80+

mubbl

Post#16 » Tue Dec 15, 2020 1:02 pm

a 2-2-2 warband does not make the warband competative...just cause you got 4 wheels you dont got a lambo

knick

Post#17 » Tue Dec 15, 2020 1:06 pm

i said a build 2-2-2 so in my understanding is a build warband always competitive. otherwise its called random open wb
Knick WL RR85+
Knickli Mara RR80+

badoglio

Post#18 » Tue Dec 15, 2020 1:09 pm

du sumfin son

get better

Ads
wiscel

Post#19 » Tue Dec 15, 2020 1:12 pm

I don't think the game can be balanced. People will always go for the most easy way, for months order has been zerging, now destro is zerging past 2 months. At this moment Destro is zerging in 1 zone, and Order zerging in High Pass, very exciting :roll:
I'd say make just 1 zone open at the time, not several zones open at once. And make xrealm lock 1 day.
Nasty - R8X Squig Herder
Mehlindy - R8X Witch Elf
Donavicenta - R8X Sorceress

emiliorv
Suspended

Post#20 » Tue Dec 15, 2020 1:14 pm

knick wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 1:06 pm i said a build 2-2-2 so in my understanding is a build warband always competitive. otherwise its called random open wb
you mean that 1 wb with: 8 IB + 8 AM (heal) + 4 WH + 4 ENG is competitive? i know its a extrene example...but a 2-2-2 is not always a "competitive wb"...