derKriebel

why do 2h Tank so much dmg and a ture class cannon not

Post#1 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 5:04 pm

explain too me??

Ads
ToXoS

Re: why do 2h Tank so much dmg and a ture class cannon not

Post#2 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 5:11 pm

Let me guess, you got stomped by a 2H tank as a DPS class on a 1vs1?

Bignusty

Post#3 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 6:59 pm

ToXoS wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 5:11 pm Let me guess, you got stomped by a 2H tank as a DPS class on a 1vs1?
This ! xD

sighy

Post#4 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:27 pm

Because, when tank goes 2h It's usually either a BG or has excess SoVish(including Bloodlord) level gear?(If they do it before they are squish and hit like a wet noodle)
Last edited by sighy on Thu Jan 14, 2021 11:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

Asvaldr

Post#5 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:31 pm

In my attempts to make a tank into a dps, Squishy, yes wet noodle ehh hardly average 800/0.5s channel crits ,1500-1600 crits .with highs at 1k/0.5s channels crits and high crits of 1800(Crimson death and auto) ideally the burst is last half second of channel hit crimson death and your auto crits its like 4k timestamp, with 7k burst in 3second windows. pair that with inability to be detaunted, and on demand disrupt makes you decent at killing healer, 1v1s are very hit or miss, usually a miss, problem is its abit backloaded one armor debuff does pretty decent. You cant really focus too much on WS, so more reliant on armor debuff than id like to be. So its kinda stat starved from a bg pov. Gear is bloodlord/opp/sent mix

As for the topic, my vanq/conq/sent geared mara no aspect no bloodlord wep, Crits with guil about same as bg does with CD. Most other hits are around 1K+ on your average squishy and is more on demand. in the training dumies burst is lower highest ive managed is about 5k in average gear. take all this with a grain of salt as i am trash, but just my experience. in conclusion pretty strongly geared BG, has to devote everything to be a dps class, shedding the "tank Role" and its only a little better than mara at a decent gear level.
Cerun
Artahe - Asvaldr
Not Very Good

Alucard2010

Post#6 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:55 pm

What happened? Inquiring minds want to know.

Asherdoom

Post#7 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:59 pm

sighy wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:27 pm Because, when tank goes 2h It's usually either a BG or has excess SoVish(including Bloodlord) level gear?(If they do it before they are squish and hit like a wet noodle)
that applies mostly to every class , dps or not

Sponn
Suspended

Post#8 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:07 pm

Depends on the tank. Some are much much better at soloing as a 2h than others.

usually people who do this literally gear around it, look up fleshrender rings they give HP regen and armor pen reduction and com in str, willpower, and toughness flavors.

Usually the tanks that deal non physical dmg do really well in this regard (Swordmaster, Chosen) But Blackguard and BO can do really well as well for the most part.

You dont see too many KOTBS or Ironbreakers out there soloing.

the game isn't balanced around 1v1 so i dunno

Ads
Asherdoom

Post#9 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:53 pm

Sponn wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:07 pm the game isn't balanced around so i dunno
Corrected for you sir :geek:

Aethilmar

Post#10 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:29 pm

Sponn wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:07 pm Depends on the tank. Some are much much better at soloing as a 2h than others.

usually people who do this literally gear around it, look up fleshrender rings they give HP regen and armor pen reduction and com in str, willpower, and toughness flavors.

Usually the tanks that deal non physical dmg do really well in this regard (Swordmaster, Chosen) But Blackguard and BO can do really well as well for the most part.

You dont see too many KOTBS or Ironbreakers out there soloing.

the game isn't balanced around 1v1 so i dunno
Actually Knights and IB are very good soloists as tanks and I see a bunch of them. Much better than SM.

But, should note, that solo Order tanks aren't generally trying to be DPS when they solo. They spec to survive first because no matter the tank you cannot get the DPS levels of an equally geared DPS and you can only get close by giving up everything that makes you a tank i.e. you'll die easier than a dps.

Also trolling the enemy by not dying and dragging them into a bunch of Order to die is kind of fun too.