Recent Topics

Ads

population %

Let's talk about... everything else
Asherdoom

Re: population %

Post#41 » Wed Jan 27, 2021 1:25 pm

Ysaran wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 1:07 pm
Paxsanarion wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 12:49 pm I have been playing for 6 months now I think .....I only play Order.....simply because I enjoy those races more.....I play only tanks and healers.....lately mostly tanks. Are there other people playing who only play Order or are most of the Order folks really just Destruction alts played out of pity? It seems the majority of the population enjoys playing Destruction.

The reason I ask is my impression over the last 6 months both in game and reading the forum is this.....

Destruction is so much more fun to play, more polished, more synergy within there builds, more synergy with the other destruction classes, all the destruction classes are fun in there own way and even there off specs are fun......destruction city and areas in general are more finished and better done than Order city and areas......etc

Inside the game in RVR chat I mostly hear ....”destro tanks are so much better and so much more fun to play” “Order sucks compared to destro ....people who play order are a disorganized mess”......”if you play order you need to play tanks and healers and if you do play tanks or healers only play a Knight or Warrior Priest or Runepriest ....don’t bother playing anything else”. “Order players pick classes that do not help war bands.”

Seems to me it would be difficult for any new player or old player to even want to play an order character and especially not play only Order. With the deck stacked like that how are you to actually have fun playing any Order character?

I understand Mythic made the game and the devs are recreating it...in the spirit of making the game more enjoyable for both order and destruction.......what do you do? ..... can the order classes be made more fun to play even if they do not look as cool as some say? Is it simply that destruction will always just be more fun to play and therefore since humans are humans and play games for fun that there will always be a lot more destro except when they have pity and play order alts?

I don’t know but it’s not a lot of fun right now being an order only player :-)
Destro isn't "more fun" to play and AFIK Order has the same number of synergies between classes. Order is just on a loosing streak and so ppl grow frustrated and sometime need to vent. If you play solo, suggest you to join some big guild. Order has a lot of big guild: SMASH, FoW, Rescueteam are just some of the international one. It's though to play on Order atm, but winds will change and one day Destru will be the underdog. I suggest you to learn and profit from playing in the underdog side, because to me is the fun part of the game. I switched to Order exactly because it has lower pop. Playing on the lower pop side has many benefits
watching the stream of order i see in chat offenses and flames. That is not a class issues, but autism issues from order side that instead of make serious premade they do fail guilds with 10 ppl online maximum, do not organize and scream for destro nerfs in forums.

Ads
Ysaran

Post#42 » Wed Jan 27, 2021 1:32 pm

Asherdoom wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 1:25 pm
Ysaran wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 1:07 pm
Paxsanarion wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 12:49 pm I have been playing for 6 months now I think .....I only play Order.....simply because I enjoy those races more.....I play only tanks and healers.....lately mostly tanks. Are there other people playing who only play Order or are most of the Order folks really just Destruction alts played out of pity? It seems the majority of the population enjoys playing Destruction.

The reason I ask is my impression over the last 6 months both in game and reading the forum is this.....

Destruction is so much more fun to play, more polished, more synergy within there builds, more synergy with the other destruction classes, all the destruction classes are fun in there own way and even there off specs are fun......destruction city and areas in general are more finished and better done than Order city and areas......etc

Inside the game in RVR chat I mostly hear ....”destro tanks are so much better and so much more fun to play” “Order sucks compared to destro ....people who play order are a disorganized mess”......”if you play order you need to play tanks and healers and if you do play tanks or healers only play a Knight or Warrior Priest or Runepriest ....don’t bother playing anything else”. “Order players pick classes that do not help war bands.”

Seems to me it would be difficult for any new player or old player to even want to play an order character and especially not play only Order. With the deck stacked like that how are you to actually have fun playing any Order character?

I understand Mythic made the game and the devs are recreating it...in the spirit of making the game more enjoyable for both order and destruction.......what do you do? ..... can the order classes be made more fun to play even if they do not look as cool as some say? Is it simply that destruction will always just be more fun to play and therefore since humans are humans and play games for fun that there will always be a lot more destro except when they have pity and play order alts?

I don’t know but it’s not a lot of fun right now being an order only player :-)
Destro isn't "more fun" to play and AFIK Order has the same number of synergies between classes. Order is just on a loosing streak and so ppl grow frustrated and sometime need to vent. If you play solo, suggest you to join some big guild. Order has a lot of big guild: SMASH, FoW, Rescueteam are just some of the international one. It's though to play on Order atm, but winds will change and one day Destru will be the underdog. I suggest you to learn and profit from playing in the underdog side, because to me is the fun part of the game. I switched to Order exactly because it has lower pop. Playing on the lower pop side has many benefits
watching the stream of order i see in chat offenses and flames. That is not a class issues, but autism issues from order side that instead of make serious premade they do fail guilds with 10 ppl online maximum, do not organize and scream for destro nerfs in forums.
Sorry mate, but the last time I checked your guild, you had less than 10 ppl online. Order is going through a lot, it's true. But it is quite hypocritical to criticize Order guilding policy when you speak from the higher ground of the faction that sometime has literally double the population.
Dunno if you were around in feb/march 2020 when Destru was the underdog, but Destru was not behaving better than Order now
Zputadenti

Likeaboss

Post#43 » Wed Jan 27, 2021 1:35 pm

ufthakk wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 12:25 pm another day of boring destro blob ? 44 to 56%
Where have you been as destro farmed us back in T2 some years ago....

pop 80 v 20% for weeks and nobody cared :lol:
so what makes you think that anyone care about a 6% shift?
wargrimnir wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 11:50 pm Accidental solo-friendly content doesn't stay that way for very long.

Asherdoom

Post#44 » Wed Jan 27, 2021 1:43 pm

Likeaboss wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 1:35 pm
ufthakk wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 12:25 pm another day of boring destro blob ? 44 to 56%
Where have you been as destro farmed us back in T2 some years ago....

pop 80 v 20% for weeks and nobody cared :lol:
so what makes you think that anyone care about a 6% shift?
yeah still recall the days where destro was afking in warcamp in Ostalnd due to 80/20 ratio lol I was 15 back then good memories :D

lifeson

Post#45 » Wed Jan 27, 2021 1:59 pm

Not really devs issue, its playerbase. Most people want easy life (why not ?) and is reflected in 2 faction rvr games like this. Situation snowballs, people move to winning side, not rocket science to work out.
What is truly sad though is the self entitlement prevalent in some destro atm (again a reflection of real life)....T2 keep in shadowlands nearly taken yesterday but Order rallied and recapped the keep and bravely fought us off and tried to defend (I was on a baby black orc).
Good for them I thought, gave us some rvr, was fun.
All I see are self-entitled morons whining in chat because they didn't get their 2k RR and a quick bag.

Brutinho

Post#46 » Wed Jan 27, 2021 2:24 pm

I came back to ROR in April 2020 and took a break around August.

For what I can recall on NA time, Order was pushing IC a couple of times a day. Apparently a large amount of pop would switch over to destro for city. This got specially bad about a month or 2 before the release of Shadowlands. Since then destro has had more numbers than order.

I think there is a lot of factors involved on the population of the server, but lately NA time has had very similar numbers on the lakes.
[BG] Amelios RR8X
[SH] Gittens RR8X | [SHM] Moquito RR 6X
[IB] Ambiorix RR 7X
[KOBS] Quarterback RR7X

Asherdoom

Post#47 » Wed Jan 27, 2021 3:27 pm

Brutinho wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 2:24 pm I came back to ROR in April 2020 and took a break around August.

For what I can recall on NA time, Order was pushing IC a couple of times a day. Apparently a large amount of pop would switch over to destro for city. This got specially bad about a month or 2 before the release of Shadowlands. Since then destro has had more numbers than order.

I think there is a lot of factors involved on the population of the server, but lately NA time has had very similar numbers on the lakes.
You missed the t3 times when maps were all white painted 🤣

Sofong

Post#48 » Wed Jan 27, 2021 3:29 pm

keep playing these solo dps am sw bw engi... u will keep losing to organized grps.

Ads
Akalukz

Post#49 » Wed Jan 27, 2021 3:33 pm

Sofong wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 3:29 pm keep playing these solo dps am sw bw engi... u will keep losing to organized grps.
So when 4 classes of a realm are not worth multiple spots in a warband, you don't see an issue with that? Almost 50% of the classes on 1 realm are a joke?
-= Agony =-

CountTalabecland

Post#50 » Wed Jan 27, 2021 3:35 pm

I think the need of people to maximize the percentage of their playtime spent in city sieges has just amplified the usual population swings.

The imbalanced are more imbalanced and the thrashing you get for being the underdog is more severe.

Plus you are losing out on more Royals. Ideally you would have a main on each side and you would zerg surf to Full Sov depending who was on top and then you can play competitively and whatever you want and not have to worry about being stuck on a dead realm outnumbered 3:1.

Of course everyone having such an attitude got us here to begin with but hwat are you gonna do?
Brynnoth Goldenbeard (40/80) (IB) -- Rundin Fireheart (40/50) (RP) -- Ungrinn (40/40) (Engi)-- Bramm Bloodaxe (40/83) (Slayer) and a few Empire characters here or there, maybe even an elf.