Recent Topics

Ads

[DB] Class distribution

Let's talk about... everything else
balvor877
Suspended

[DB] Class distribution

Post#1 » Sun Feb 14, 2021 2:15 am

In the Q&A Max showed a graphic with the distribution of the classes of all characters in the database.

For me that was not that satisfying because it only shows what classes people have created in the lifetime of the server, which is not really interessting because in this case a new level 1 character has the same weight as a lvl 40 rr 80+ with a ton of play time and it does not show which are currently being played and which are basically shelfed.

People try a lot of characters but that does not mean that they are sticking to it or like it.

To extract the level of satisfaction we would need a graphic with the number of hours played per class in the last year, 6 month, 3 month, 1 month.

It would be also interessting to see which classes reached lvl 40 rr 70 & 80 in the last 6 / 3 /1 month. It is also an indicator how good a class performs.

Another interessting stat would be the amount of renown gained, killing blows and deaths in the last day, week, month per class. Would be very interessing to see how the class mirrors perform in comparisson.

Hope you can pull that data.

Thanks!

Ads
Bloodmasked

Re: [DB] Class distribution

Post#2 » Sun Feb 14, 2021 2:19 am

I stopped watching after I saw that because from data point of view like you say, its basically useless information. Most of those class creations are probably still in Tier1 or haven't been logged in for a year.

Topdude

Post#3 » Sun Feb 14, 2021 5:45 pm

Agreed. It didn't show the current status of character choice or accurately indicate career imbalance.

lyncher12

Post#4 » Sun Feb 14, 2021 6:39 pm

just take a look around at all the trash ranged dps and when you see slayer is one of the least made classes it makes sense.

balvor877
Suspended

Post#5 » Sun Feb 14, 2021 7:35 pm

lyncher12 wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 6:39 pm just take a look around at all the trash ranged dps and when you see slayer is one of the least made classes it makes sense.
There are tons of slayers - at least in t1. There is no SC without slayer. I hate them as healer because they are usually naked -.-

When it comes to new chars Im pretty sure that SW is by far the most played at the moment, followed by WP and Slayer. Then it is Engi, Knights, AMs, WHs, RPs and SMs. BW and IB are least played at the moment.

On Destro I see a ton of Shamans (most played), SHs, Choppas and Zealots. Chosens and Doks are also very present. WE I see a lot more since the last patch. Sorcs and Magus usually a few. BG and BO is least played Id say. The BG however is doing very very well in ranked and there seem to be more now.

I think the distribution is not too bad, BUT I also think that the destro classes are better and people tend to play them to higher levels while on Order people get unhappy and try something else. This results in high rr destro zergs vs low level random order zergs.

It's not that the order classes are bad, but the destro classes are just a lot stronger. e.g. SHs and WEs are eating Engis, BWs, AMs alive. Not fun to play these.

zulnam

Post#6 » Sun Feb 14, 2021 9:59 pm

I concuur this opinion.

The data, while great to have, may not be representative of the reality of day-to-day realm activity. After all, we've seen how many players below rank 10 there are out there.

I think it would be too much of a hassle to have the same displayed with a 'logged in last week' filter; haven't seen the character database.

What should be doable is a filtering of characters of level 40 only. Even this is not accurate (you will have inactive 40s, while active lowbies are ignored), but it would still be a bit more accurate imo.

Hopefully Max can get around to sharing that info with us. Please. :mrgreen:

Edit, for those that missed it or wanna resee just the data, here:
Spoiler:
The two classes not visible by his head are Slayer and Runepriest (in that order) (Engineer is the next one, half visible). Hope in the future he'll think about clearing the screen up from the start of the Q&A so we can easily see all shared data.
SW, Kotbs, IB, Slayer, WP, WL, SM, Mara, SH, BG

Fenris78

Post#7 » Sun Feb 14, 2021 11:53 pm

We should have at least the repartition of high-renown players by classes, and maybe the most representative, class repartition by connexion over given period, like last month, of last 6 months, something like this.

A graph that will actually tell something more useful than total created characters wich makes little sense for analytics.

lyncher12

Post#8 » Mon Feb 15, 2021 12:06 am

balvor877 wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 7:35 pm
lyncher12 wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 6:39 pm just take a look around at all the trash ranged dps and when you see slayer is one of the least made classes it makes sense.
There are tons of slayers - at least in t1. There is no SC without slayer. I hate them as healer because they are usually naked -.-

When it comes to new chars Im pretty sure that SW is by far the most played at the moment, followed by WP and Slayer. Then it is Engi, Knights, AMs, WHs, RPs and SMs. BW and IB are least played at the moment.

On Destro I see a ton of Shamans (most played), SHs, Choppas and Zealots. Chosens and Doks are also very present. WE I see a lot more since the last patch. Sorcs and Magus usually a few. BG and BO is least played Id say. The BG however is doing very very well in ranked and there seem to be more now.

I think the distribution is not too bad, BUT I also think that the destro classes are better and people tend to play them to higher levels while on Order people get unhappy and try something else. This results in high rr destro zergs vs low level random order zergs.

It's not that the order classes are bad, but the destro classes are just a lot stronger. e.g. SHs and WEs are eating Engis, BWs, AMs alive. Not fun to play these.
Playing Slayer requires a group and isn't even good during the Zerg times unless you yourself are in a Warband. Playing an Engineer, DPS AM, rSW and leeching is always relevant. Groups/Guilds aren't going to want a **** geared Slayer. This leaves you with either building your own group or joining some open warband and trying to leech your way to relevance over a month. Its not hard why to see on a non-competitive server why people opt for one over the other en masse.

Ads
Naelar

Post#9 » Mon Feb 15, 2021 12:19 am

Someone did compile data on classes with emphasis on ones that had been more extensively played. They posted some graphs about it, but it was a few months ago. Do some searching here; you should be able to find it.

Sivine

Post#10 » Mon Feb 15, 2021 12:59 pm

I was one of the person who asked for this question on the Q&A question prompt.
I kind of wanted to have data on active players.
Maybe it could be interesting to dump a csv file with the numbers for active player in the last 30 days (and maybe other timeframes) and let people would be able to do data visualisation as they please.
An interesting table could be
CLASS/RANK/NUMBER OF ACTIVE PLAYERS