Ads

Save ranked before it die

Let's talk about... everything else
GamesBond
Former Staff

Re: Save ranked before it die

Post#31 » Thu May 13, 2021 3:28 pm

Sundowner wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 3:20 pm
GamesBond wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 10:45 pm I already mentioned that Season 1 is incomplete and the proper ranked that devs have worked on is coming soon with Ranked Season 2.

Proper queueing, UI, match making, unique rewards, bigger Ranked NPC shop, etc.
That is very good, item incentive is clearly very needed, but is there discussion about balance in ranked in balance team? clearly some classes are performing very well and it is fun to play them, while for others it's just a chore to get items.
The balance team is on top of everything. But as you know with the new Realm Champions program, things are a bit slower due to the fact that almost double the people have opinions now and proposals to submit, but I believe we'll all reap the benefits of that waiting time really soon and on the long run. The issue you're pointing at will be resolved, probably in the next balance patch.

Ads
Sundowner

Post#32 » Thu May 13, 2021 3:35 pm

GamesBond wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 3:28 pm
Sundowner wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 3:20 pm
GamesBond wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 10:45 pm I already mentioned that Season 1 is incomplete and the proper ranked that devs have worked on is coming soon with Ranked Season 2.

Proper queueing, UI, match making, unique rewards, bigger Ranked NPC shop, etc.
That is very good, item incentive is clearly very needed, but is there discussion about balance in ranked in balance team? clearly some classes are performing very well and it is fun to play them, while for others it's just a chore to get items.
The balance team is on top of everything. But as you know with the new Realm Champions program, things are a bit slower due to the fact that almost double the people have opinions now and proposals to submit, but I believe we'll all reap the benefits of that waiting time really soon and on the long run. The issue you're pointing at will be resolved, probably in the next balance patch.
Very happy to hear that. Me and probably most of the playerbase appreciate your effort and would rather wait for a long time for a good balance changes. Anyways, thanks for confirming that balance team looks on all aspects of the game which is very important to retain both playerbase and create better enviroment for all classes

siglade

Post#33 » Thu May 13, 2021 3:38 pm

Realm champions ? first time i heard about that, what is it exactly ? :?:
bachata, excommunicate abuser

PieTreBlu

Post#34 » Thu May 13, 2021 3:42 pm

Wdova wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 2:11 pm Main issue of solo ranked is huge toxicity of long time ranked players against the one who just started and want to improve. The level of toxicity is so high that it discourage ppl to que it again.
It swings both ways: there are also people who queue for ranked with no desire to improve or learn and react negatively to any kind of criticism (or outright troll/throw in some cases). Also doesn't help that mmorpgs require a ton of class/game knowledge/experience (hard to come by in such a small community) and that veterans tend to have both that AND better gear. The difference between an experienced ranked player in BiS and a full vanq who has never touched ranked 6vs6 can be the thing that makes your whole team lose no matter how hard you try and that causes a lot of bitterness and frustration. Ultimately any kind of competitive, team based environment that puts random people together will lead to "heated gamer moments".

The new season 2 mmr system hopefully will help the situation by setting a divide between the hardcore "tryhards" and the people who queue just to get their weekly quota of games or to kill time but it's not going to stop manchildren venting, angrily typing/screeching obscenities and blaming everyone but themselves. Just try to bear with it when it's clear it comes with good intentions and learn where you can or blacklist/report the worst offender.

Eltharion

Post#35 » Thu May 13, 2021 3:53 pm

If i can propouse something...
The great idea will be make thats statues in cities for the best ranked players not for nolifes who make most renown. That will be awesome award have own statue in Aldorf/IC
Only restricion should be have to 100 played ranked sc :)
@GamesBond please think about it ;)

GamesBond
Former Staff

Post#36 » Thu May 13, 2021 4:03 pm

siglade wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 3:38 pm Realm champions ? first time i heard about that, what is it exactly ? :?:
Check the Q&A at minute 33:07 please:

Click here to watch on YouTube

Eltharion wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 3:53 pm If i can propouse something...
The great idea will be make thats statues in cities for the best ranked players not for nolifes who make most renown. That will be awesome award have own statue in Aldorf/IC
Only restricion should be have to 100 played ranked sc :)
@GamesBond please think about it ;)
Suggest it in the suggestions section so other players could share their opinions too without spamming this thread :)

tazdingo

Post#37 » Thu May 13, 2021 5:16 pm

is toxicity a big problem? i haven't played much 70+ ranked. i play SCs every day and in past year only toxic player i see is one very silly WP but he seemed to get muted pretty quick

triumphant is good gear if you're mixing 2pc giving same main stat as vanq. i never plan to maintain epic talis though

nonfactor

Post#38 » Thu May 13, 2021 6:17 pm

tazdingo wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 5:16 pm is toxicity a big problem? i haven't played much 70+ ranked. i play SCs every day and in past year only toxic player i see is one very silly WP but he seemed to get muted pretty quick

triumphant is good gear if you're mixing 2pc giving same main stat as vanq. i never plan to maintain epic talis though
it depends. if you queue as a snb tank or your gear is terrible you will be trashtalked but people will get bored. Ranked community is very small so everyone knows everyone, bad players are called mmr assassins and people just accept that they exist. Sometimes you can see "x is in queue dodge"

Ads