Recent Topics

Ads

Classes with good 1vx

Let's talk about... everything else
triedset

Re: Classes with good 1vx

Post#11 » Thu Sep 16, 2021 7:31 pm

In my experience it is WP and DoK that are best. But in many cases it is the way you use you character against the way the other uses their. Using the right attacks at the right time.

Ads
Satirico

Post#12 » Thu Sep 16, 2021 8:06 pm

No doubt the brokenest classes of the game are WH and WE. Both are good for soloing.
The day devs see how broken they are, maybe we can have fun with other classes back.

Shaman is good, better then am. But don't think they will run from a wb like used to happen on live. The only good AM I see is Angelfuram, the rest is just meh.

ashton007

Post#13 » Fri Sep 17, 2021 4:06 am

From best to worst, WE/WH/Shaman/Am/wp/DoK/WL/Mara/Sm/BO.

mekal

Post#14 » Fri Sep 17, 2021 10:21 am

please for the love that is ror do no try to solo roam as wp/dk sure you might get "some" kills and hell its tons of fun when you do

but they are by far objectively the worst solo class you could chose vs anyone with half a brain stem they are the easiest classes to counter on this server people that claim this class/spec is strong are solo zoerg players that have 0 idea how small scale works or terribad melee that thinks letting the enemy heal off of you is a good idea

Grock

Post#15 » Fri Sep 17, 2021 5:30 pm

No one is better at 1vX than a kiting Shaman, don't be ridiculous.
Snare puddle, aoe knockback, superior kite tactic, cleanse that removes all order snares except SM, 100ft instacasts that hold heavy backloaded dot damage, allowing sham to wear down and kill targets from long range without even stopping for a hardcast.

Even after Run Away nerf Shamans are so much ahead of everyone else when it comes to 1vX that its pointless to even try to compare it.

WH/WE are good in 1v1 and gank in general thanks to stealth and burst, but they don't really have any mechanics that naturally scale up to 1vX apart from 100% defence CDs.
They have no aoe dmg, no aoe cc, no high uptime mobility to kite.
The one option they have is stagger jump off of one enemy and then fight another one, turning 1v2 into 1v1, but stagger jump is also their primary escape tool so it can be risky to use it like that.

Some classes, like certain tanks in def/regen builds, can simply make themselves so tough(while not losing all dmg) that they become practically unbeatable in 1v1 and can manage 1vX situations, but they lack mobility and very vulnerable to snares and ranged damage, so escaping bad situations will be very hard.
Orkni 85+ (in-game Grock is not me...)

Scottx125

Post#16 » Sun Sep 19, 2021 1:21 am

Grace WP are pretty potent. Especially with the right gear you can break snares to keep up with running target, apply snare and constantly heal and damage them.
Spoiler:
Seiigfrid RR 8X WP | Arthasus RR 7X KOTBS | Zalthazar RR 5X BW
For the Gif in it's full glory:
Now a member of Oath.

sharpblader

Post#17 » Sun Sep 19, 2021 2:22 am

jjrocker1999 wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 8:07 pm Hello, I'm a new player who just learned of this private server recently, and im really interesting in trying it out as i never really gave the game a fair shot when it was released and it looks interesting and fun. In games with a PVP focus, I generally like classes that have good 1vX potential when it comes to PVP. I am aware there is most likely not a class that is just a matter of pick it up and do 1v3's all day, it involves gear and skill level and a lot of things that I would have to work on, but at least in most games, there are classes that are more built to support that style of play and was just wondering of recommendations for that. I would prefer to at least be competent in most if not all of the other forms of content, however, I'm aware that some sacrifices would have to be made and that it is very unlikely that you would get the best of all worlds here.
Hey welcome to RoR.

As a new player I would highly advise you to not play solo for 1v1s and 1vX until you have a handle on all the game mechanics.

RoR being a war game, the only time you'll find yourself in a 1vX situation is in open RvR zones, where after T1, when you will be level 16 and above, you'll be facing BiS geared roamers who will give you a very hard time even when you are bolstered with extra stats. The only "relief period" in the early stages is when you are between level 29 to 31 where your stats will match those of BiS players. Here you stand the best chance of winning in 1vX as a below level 40 player.

Speaking of classes, don't make a WH or WE in the beginning. They are good in 1v1s but require a lot of skill to be successful in 1vX situations. Also, they are arguably the least viable class in group play which is very important to learn the game and get the best gear possible.

I would recommend making a Shaman/AM, WP/ DoK, or any tank to get you going. With these classes you'll be able to do any group content easily and can experiment going solo in the lakes. But remember, don't expect to win in the beginning.

Rhinochild

Post#18 » Sun Sep 19, 2021 1:58 pm

Grock's analysis is the one that makes the most sense to me. I mostly run solo and find the dps shaman/AM are the best result with magus a close second. But magus often depends on setting up and waiting for them to come to you and with recent nerfs, they don't feel as strong as they used to. If someone gets the jump on you, you need to be on the ball to survive/kill them.

Gear is also a big factor in solo success and gearing dps healers is a long road because there is no invader-level dps set unless you're willing to do a lot of pve dungeons. For magus/engie it's similar - the invader set is not as good as vanquisher (imo). Ranked gear might fill this gap if there were enough ranked scenarios popping (i.e. > 0), but those matches are/were generally facing full sov-geared enemies and full sov-geared allies questioning your choice of queuing in vanq.

That said, what classes are strong 1v1 is also very situational. And in most situations dps shaman/AM take a long time to kill a target, making it more likely other targets appear and pile on. Getting real 1v1 fights means seeking them out in less active zones where you'll mostly find low-level targets running supplies - not a true test.

Running solo means dying a lot as your rarely-found 1v1 often turns into a 1v25. Make an apothecary because you'll be drinking a lot of potions.

BUT - getting those 1v1s/1v2s/1vXs can be a lot of fun AND you'll get a ton of xp/rp as you rank up for solo kills in high AAO zones. You'll have more fun if you win though, so I suggest finding someone to duo with - a pocket healer, or if you're going dps sham/AM, another of the same.

WH/WE are designed for 1v1 as a gank class and have good survivability since they have great escape tools and almost endless stealth. But I feel like it's also a rough road to gear because they don't have big roles to play in an organized WB - i.e. getting into cities can be a challenge. Meaning, you are relying on solo kills against geared targets. Again, getting into a duo with another WH/WE (or trio) can make that experience more fun.

Success with a dps Dok/WP is much harder because you don't have tools to handle cc - theirs or yours - making it easy to kite you, and you need to be in melee range to dps and effectively heal yourself. Duoing with a tank can help.

Outside of pure healers, slayer/choppa/bw/sorc are probably the worst solo classes, but I have seen some make them work. Generally, better though with a tank as mdps or pocket healer with rdps.

I don't play WL, so I can't speak to their efficacy, but they seem like they should be good solo - lots of mobility and the pet can soften people up for you. SH used to be king, but after nerfs I'm not sure how great they are, but they are a lot of fun and still have good cc tools - similarly with SW. Mara seems very strong, but I don't play one so can't speak to them either.

2h tanks are semi-viable, but time to kill again is a factor and they have similar gear issues as dps healer. The nice thing about tanks and healers is that they are always in demand, so you can more easily get into groups and get the gear you need to eventually kit them out for solo play. I enjoy BG and SM - SM's M1 plus spirit damage make them the best solo tank imo. BG's speed proc on their weapon (subj or fort) helps mitigate a target's ability to kite you. I don't play chosen/kotbs.

So, TLDR, almost any class can be viable solo, but almost every class will be more fun as a duo.
Hamskull, Hamdisc, Hamblek, Hamball, Hambean, Hambeam, etc

Ads
Farrul

Post#19 » Sun Sep 19, 2021 3:57 pm

Rhinochild wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 1:58 pmI don't play WL, so I can't speak to their efficacy, but they seem like they should be good solo - lots of mobility and the pet can soften people up for you. SH used to be king, but after nerfs I'm not sure how great they are, but they are a lot of fun and still have good cc tools - similarly with SW. Mara seems very strong, but I don't play one so can't speak to them either.

I enjoy BG and SM - SM's M1 plus spirit damage make them the best solo tank imo. BG's speed proc on their weapon (subj or fort) helps mitigate a target's ability to kite you. I don't play chosen/kotbs.

So, TLDR, almost any class can be viable solo, but almost every class will be more fun as a duo.
WL excell against squishy targets but unfortunately will lose against common threats such regen WE / 2h tanks etc, they lack sustainability. SW(Assault) is better equipped for the task.

SM is fun but on the fragile side, has a harder time with all those geared WEs lurking around. IB is imo the best Order solo tank by a fair margin ( sustainability + utility and ok burst ).

Rhinochild

Post#20 » Mon Sep 20, 2021 11:03 pm

The best thing about IB is that you never need to buy an armor pot. :P
Hamskull, Hamdisc, Hamblek, Hamball, Hambean, Hambeam, etc