Recent Topics

Ads

Plz bring back "old" weekly RvR

Let's talk about... everything else
ravezaar

Re: Plz bring back "old" weekly RvR

Post#71 » Wed Jul 27, 2022 7:29 pm

I got 1800 for a Keep today so not sure what I should say to guy with 300, stop hitting empty keeps idk, saw in region 1 guy saying he got almost half the weekly in just 1 keep
Ravezaar Slayer rr86
Ravezz Ironbreker rr82
Goingsolo Shadow Warrior rr81
Zutha Runepriest rr83
Raave Magus rr84 (finally gave in to Tzeentch whispers)
https://imgur.com/a/mlxv1nJ

Ads
Toshutkidup

Post#72 » Wed Jul 27, 2022 9:18 pm

vanbuinen77 wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 11:27 am Buff shamans
Lol even in here …
First RR90 Slayer working towards the top of the mountain.I still solo, still run riposte.

Twitch:https://www.twitch.tv/toshutkidup
My Youtube http://www.youtube.com/c/Toshutkidup

Detangler

Post#73 » Wed Jul 27, 2022 10:07 pm

Should just reduce the rewards on weekly to 5/10/15 crests so you all quit complaining so much. With very limited play time as if late, it's a surprise if I can get w bars filled, pre or post patch. For me it's just a bonus to remember to collect on Sunday night. 😄
Detangler and alts - 84 Chosen, other 40s - DoK, Zealot, SH, WE, BG, BO
Destro - Mostly Harmless
Tangler and alts - 8X IB, other 40s - RP, SM
Order - Most dishonorable

Archimediss

Post#74 » Tue Aug 16, 2022 4:29 pm

If you want an incentive to play increase the orvr rewards rp and crest wise as it is now its hardly worth the time for many people and they log off to play something else
secondly stop people in combat from running into their wc its rediculous thing and cowardly to boot , gank lonely passers by and then run into wc as soon as they are challenged
thirdly on live you had special drop the events are all good and well but it lacks a certain luster we had the first 6 months on live

Ninjagon

Post#75 » Tue Aug 16, 2022 4:50 pm

Akalukz wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 2:10 pm I worried about this honestly, although there is no real reason to push the campaign anymore. They need to introduce a big carrot for the campaign again.
yes, there should be a reason to play and push campaign, like non planed cities or LOTD opening for your faction.

Veterans from DaoC (Dark age of Camelot - a predecessor of Warhammer online) know, how Darkness Falls works - and it works well.
(DF was unique huge dungeon in DaoC, with unique bosses and rewards. The realm which has upper hand in campaign got access to go inside to farm PvE and also repel previous enemy players there which was really fun. The point was, that the realm while clearing DF, usually lost that upper hand in campaign - and then another realm rushed in to repel you. It was smart.)
Land of the Dead was originally designed from Mythic like "bigger and better Darkness Falls", but it never worked like that...
Ninjab - The White Lion. No Destruction character. RETRIBUTION guild.
Also: Velmires - WP, Carnow - KotbS, Ninjagon - BW, Nynja - SW, Stin - WH, and others.
Spoiler:

Sulorie

Post#76 » Tue Aug 16, 2022 5:27 pm

Archimediss wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 4:29 pm
secondly stop people in combat from running into their wc its rediculous thing and cowardly to boot , gank lonely passers by and then run into wc as soon as they are challenged
Pretty sure those organized warbands who push the enemy to their warcamp can find a way to cut off this exit route and finish off the entire opposition.
Dying is no option.

MedV

Post#77 » Tue Aug 16, 2022 5:29 pm

This planned city ruined it. The whole point of playing is to kill and push zones so we can siege the enemy capital. Made people play longer as they didn’t wana log off if city was possible. Now after every keep half the faction logs.

Ruined the game for me. Hopefully they bring back city as a siege.
The King.

Garamore

Post#78 » Tue Aug 16, 2022 10:51 pm

Yeah agree - scheduled cities arent really working. Zones less active outside of prime time.
Garamore - Chosen Garamar - Marauder Garachop - Choppa Garamor - Slayer

Warband leader for Hand of Blood

https://www.twitch.tv/therealgaramore

Ads
Sulorie

Post#79 » Tue Aug 16, 2022 11:25 pm

Garamore wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 10:51 pm Yeah agree - scheduled cities arent really working. Zones less active outside of prime time.
But did they work in previous iterations, when cities for the most part happened at times of low and one-sided population?
Dying is no option.

Scottx125

Post#80 » Wed Aug 17, 2022 3:16 am

Fenris78 wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 5:25 pm Revert old city system, and remove weekly entirely. Game was fine 1-2 years ago, now I feel like everything lost it's purpose and incentive to play :

- every gear set can be gained through any activity = dungeons are now useless, nobody run them anymore

- For same reason, and scenarios and rvr being on same level = even if everyone can play as they want to (wich is a good thing), it means there is more population shift occuring, also less scenarios or less balanced ones.

- All RvR lost its meaning : no incentive to push campaign and fortress since City will happen eventually. Now way to push multiple cities a day anymore = less motivation to actively play campaign. Why bother to defend or fight anymore, if nobody got anything to fight for ?

- Less realm pride, barely any defense anymore, because everything except forts and cities are worthily rewarded, renown gains butchered half a year ago, and you defend keeps only for rp gain since all zone contribution is wiped (loss of tokens for zonelock).

To me since my debut about 6 years ago, I never felt the game being so bland and meaningless, and I'm not even speaking about many, many people already quitting because of boredom, amongst them many guilds and/or famous WB leaders.

The urge to casualize this game is only leading to a loss of good players (the ones who actually care about improving and play for the "good play"), wich in turn leads to a global loss of quality for everyone around.

Previously RoR was more "hardcore", and I feel like it was much better than now ; you could have found good dungeon runs with skilled people, and being led by competent wb leaders pretty much everywhere was a real pleasure, not to mention friendly community and real sense of faction pride.
Now it's more of a casual zergfest, where everyone feel the need to be carried and/or babysitted because they dont know how to improve by themselves, and will prefer rant ingame or in forums instead...

Of course the weekly event is not the only thing to blame here, but I feel too much changes in the casual way is doing more hamr than good, actually.
And I deeply regret that.
1. I find that dungeons are run now more so than not as people save their crests and use PVE gear or run it for the gear unlocks.
2. I agree RvR has lost it's meaning for the average player, for guild players the goal of ORVR is good fights. So for most guilds the purpose is still there. Even so, I believe campaigns should have more effect on cities (I like the time table system for cities) and more zones should be open at any one time.
3. I don't think it's an issue of realm pride, but the fact that 1 WB going vs a 2-3 WB zerg isn't going to defend a keep.. And with the rewards being so poor for the losers what incentive do they have to want to defend rather than xrealm?
4. The weekly event is fine. It was done to replace quests which were laggy. And I honestly think it's a good point. Does it encourage zerging? Yes slightly, but only so far as because zerging makes it easier to win. The fix isn't to remove weekly events but to make zerging irrelevant in ORvR. Though I will say, I enjoyed the old weekly more than the new one. The old one you could actually on a good night complete it in a day. Now it seems like it actually takes a week of playing to get it done.

I honestly feel generally the same, RoR's hayday was 3-4 years ago. Don't get me wrong improvements have been made. But for me the biggest failure is the RvR system atm. I remember when we used to have warbands fighting warbands, and you'd occasionally get another warband reinforcing making for a desperate fight. Now though you get 2-3 organised warbands zerging around, or 1 organised one encouraging pugs to zerg behind them. Zerging is the biggest problem in ORvR atm IMO. Once that is solved, ORvR needs to be fixed to make the campaign feel impactful and rewarding.
Spoiler:
Seiigfrid RR 8X WP | Arthasus RR 7X KOTBS | Zalthazar RR 5X BW
For the Gif in it's full glory:
Now a member of Oath.