Recent Topics

Ads

@Devs Please add group quee!

Let's talk about... everything else
Telen
Suspended

Re: @Devs Please add group quee!

Post#31 » Sun Aug 09, 2015 12:37 pm

Foltestik wrote:warhammer was about teamplay and coordination with friends not about randoms
The majority of players werent in premades most were in casual guilds and ran in open groups.

Casuals are the vast majority of every mmo. That they were driven out of the game by bomb group premades using balance flaws killed my first server. Im still amazed how those guilds that were running those bomb squads didnt seem to realize or care that they were killing the game they were playing.

Personally Im finding it very hard to be drawn back to warhammer while im playing season arenas in swtor. Every match is balanced due to sorting by split queues and ratings. wars pvp is better but only 1 in 4 scs are anywhere near the balance swtor has. It makes you realise after the game was gone for a while that I might have been wrong and the 99% that left wer right.

Ads
Coryphaus

Post#32 » Sun Aug 09, 2015 1:14 pm

Eh one less dps am bragging about how high skill "life tap am" is; nothing of value was lost

:P

Zealote

Post#33 » Sun Aug 09, 2015 1:15 pm

Spoiler:
@Jaycub Not sure but 'roadmap' might be more complex than what I was suggesting, which was rather just some clear, unified statements from the dev team regarding their stance on various things, one example being suggestions from the player-base for what the team's development priorities should be. R.E. ppl still asking questions tht've been addressed: link appropriate info and lock.
---
@toldavf Agreed.
---
@Bozzax No, I don't expect that; I don't really expect anything. I don't know really enough about it to debate the point in any depth; it's worthwhile irl, and given, for example, the ubiquity of FAQ sections, your stance seems overly dismissive.
---
@Coryphaus Of course, they don't need to do it, but I think there's quite a bit of confusion/lack of consensus about some stuff, and it seems to be causing problems. If, just as an example, you've stated somewhere clearly that threads telling the devs what they should be working on will be ignored or locked (say after linking info), you can just be done with them.

It's easy to know what their priorities are in terms of obvious things like PvP vs PvE, not so trivially clear for other things imo. Regardless, I wasn't suggesting regularly-updated priority lists, but rather, as an example, their position on threads making demands about priorities.

R.E. only ~5 ppl working on the project: as I understand it, that's the core devs; a lot of this stuff (e.g. list of bugs that endlessly get reported) could be delegated to other ppl, with minor input from a dev just to check it's alright. Other things, like position statements, could be devised once and then be done with unless they changed down the line.
---

I want to re-iterate again that this wasn't intended as a demand or an expectation - if it came across that way then it was a miscommunication.

I don't wanna make assumptions but I've noticed (in-game and on forum) that this project sometimes seems to put undue stress on or demoralise the devs sometimes, from the constant demands, expectations, blaming etc to even just indirect lack of appreciation ("why the **** isn't X working yet" in /ad 20 mins after a new patch). Having a unified stance can, in itself, be supportive, and not having to deal with the same pointless threads, that often just end up in hostile exchanges, seems like it would be beneficial as well.

Obviously, that's entirely up to the devs though; they're in a much better position to reflect on that (and may already have done so) and might not think the reward is worth the effort in the grand scheme of things.
Aetir

abodam

Post#34 » Sun Aug 09, 2015 1:54 pm

Telen wrote:
Foltestik wrote:warhammer was about teamplay and coordination with friends not about randoms
The majority of players werent in premades most were in casual guilds and ran in open groups.

Casuals are the vast majority of every mmo. That they were driven out of the game by bomb group premades using balance flaws killed my first server. Im still amazed how those guilds that were running those bomb squads didnt seem to realize or care that they were killing the game they were playing.

Personally Im finding it very hard to be drawn back to warhammer while im playing season arenas in swtor. Every match is balanced due to sorting by split queues and ratings. wars pvp is better but only 1 in 4 scs are anywhere near the balance swtor has. It makes you realise after the game was gone for a while that I might have been wrong and the 99% that left wer right.
People using the best way to kill other players in MMO are not the thing which killed this game. Bad management, rushed launch and opening too many servers did. These players, you despite, are in every game, even in Swtor, which is not even close what you describe, not to mention close to non-existing ranked population on majority of the servers. And people who play this queue usually using the best possible group setups. Because thats how it works. People play FOTM to win.

Blaming bombing groups for killing people in scenarios, not to mention how easy was to kill these groups in scenarios, for killing this game is hilarious. And I did not like bombing before someone accuses me of being one of them, but it is the part of the game. Same as group queue is.

In my opinion best solution would be to have the queue try to find other group to match to yours for amount of time and after while just match you with random. But with current population it is not needed anyway. I would rather see properly working skills and rank 40 than a group queue.
Magus / BG

Azarael

Post#35 » Sun Aug 09, 2015 1:55 pm

Obligatory post to say that "part of the game" is a completely meaningless expression and should really die off.

Telen
Suspended

Post#36 » Sun Aug 09, 2015 8:47 pm

Coryphaus wrote:Eh one less dps am bragging about how high skill "life tap am" is; nothing of value was lost

:P
Some no name said something

Telen
Suspended

Post#37 » Sun Aug 09, 2015 8:56 pm

I was there. I saw the endless threads about bombing as every premade ran bomb groups as servers emptied. The devs took over a year until the game was pretty much already finished to do anything about it. That only due to the eu bomb groups wrecking on the test server.

If theres imbalance or exploits there is a type of player that will use it. The issue warhammer has is most of the rest left and the tiny amount that has disproportionate amount of those players. I have more fun in other games with worse pvp now generally due to the far more balanced fights.

Dalgrimar

Post#38 » Sun Aug 09, 2015 11:29 pm

Ghostweed wrote:@OP do u really think that devs doesnt know about this? U have to be really uninformed or naive...let me clear that for u:

USE SEARCH/BUGTRACKER BEFORE POSTING...

/lock :roll:

also stop posting..seriously..its a pain to read ur "contributions"..let me pick up a few of yours:
"OMG cant even connect... Can some dev please fix the server?" (omg the hotfix is inc, I cant leech) or "Yep cant connect" (maybe if I post enough "server is down" posts the devs are going to restart the server), "aaaand.... server is back down...." (hey, look at me, I have found out that the server is down), "Extreme lag is back..." (oh rly, do u understand the concept of ALpHA phase of the game testing?), "Cant click connect on launcher :s" (also my ass is itching)...

or these posts full of garbages: " Da **** u guys talking bout. I only face order tanks when i do scenario, you guys have a shitload of punt botting IB's. + if you say you cant kill our healers than you are doing something seriously wrong cuz destru healers are worst i ever saw. Man even our dps suck like they play this game for firs..." and "Definatly not enough emblems per win.Should be minimum 5."

And the golden one for the end: "The devs should apply some Donate button on site so some whales could pay for a proper server...." (do u even read bro?)...

U are literally contributing nothing except: "OMG", "I think I am right", "fix this and fix that"...

IMHO u must be a really poor guy - mentally and socially...

Peace :lol:

EDIT: gramma and more shaming..
U seem mad
Funny how you search all forum for my statements btw.
Not even gonna waste time on you...
Dalgri - Ftp/Sens - Sadboi - Fanboy

utube
twitch

Ads
arnagob

Post#39 » Mon Aug 10, 2015 2:53 am

Dalgrimar wrote:
Ghostweed wrote:@OP do u really think that devs doesnt know about this? U have to be really uninformed or naive...let me clear that for u:

USE SEARCH/BUGTRACKER BEFORE POSTING...

/lock :roll:

also stop posting..seriously..its a pain to read ur "contributions"..let me pick up a few of yours:
"OMG cant even connect... Can some dev please fix the server?" (omg the hotfix is inc, I cant leech) or "Yep cant connect" (maybe if I post enough "server is down" posts the devs are going to restart the server), "aaaand.... server is back down...." (hey, look at me, I have found out that the server is down), "Extreme lag is back..." (oh rly, do u understand the concept of ALpHA phase of the game testing?), "Cant click connect on launcher :s" (also my ass is itching)...

or these posts full of garbages: " Da **** u guys talking bout. I only face order tanks when i do scenario, you guys have a shitload of punt botting IB's. + if you say you cant kill our healers than you are doing something seriously wrong cuz destru healers are worst i ever saw. Man even our dps suck like they play this game for firs..." and "Definatly not enough emblems per win.Should be minimum 5."

And the golden one for the end: "The devs should apply some Donate button on site so some whales could pay for a proper server...." (do u even read bro?)...

U are literally contributing nothing except: "OMG", "I think I am right", "fix this and fix that"...

IMHO u must be a really poor guy - mentally and socially...

Peace :lol:

EDIT: gramma and more shaming..
U seem mad
Funny how you search all forum for my statements btw.
Not even gonna waste time on you...

What kind of weed do you smoke ? XD
Arnie Fatarnie Kassdku
Arnagob Brizkran Cocorico

Sera

Post#40 » Mon Aug 10, 2015 1:16 pm

Dalgri asked politely, even thanked you devs for your efforts, no need tog et excited over it.
However It is more important to fix melee range and skills like Steorra said.

II already proposed this once queue should work with a group vs group and random vs random priority etiquette.
Sera