Ads
Morddragun

Re: X realm yes/no

Post#32 » Tue Nov 17, 2015 10:04 am

yes +++++++

Reesh

Post#33 » Tue Nov 17, 2015 10:19 am

All of you are saying that players will always find a way around time blockage when faction switching, but no one said that those who x realm have every toon on one account, as it wasn't needed to create another one.

I would not imagine players so stubborn, creating another accounts, even though they have decently farmed and geared toons on order and destro side, especially those who has 40 rr on both sides.

Of course, there will be players with multiple accounts when any restrictions shall be added, but that requires time and effort, and time is the biggest resource.

Even basic 2h blockage will discourage huge player base from doing: "meh, we're loosing at oRvR, instead of farming this swordmaster to 39rr, I'll get choppa to 36rr in an hour, because of zerg train."

katroulitsa

Post#34 » Tue Nov 17, 2015 11:09 am

Mez wrote:Cross realming is when you break the language barrier and give info to the other side. Or, you collaborate to usher in some type of benefit via cooperation with an enemy player.
Fking finally!
Inav
Semya

RyanMakara

Post#35 » Tue Nov 17, 2015 11:49 am

Coryphaus wrote:like zabis said; due to this ftp nature of RoR you a easily bypass the lockout

with multiple accs
Repeating this for awareness. X-realming cannot be stopped unless there's enough incentive to play on the 'losing' side.

RyanMakara

Post#36 » Tue Nov 17, 2015 11:51 am

katroulitsa wrote:
Mez wrote:Cross realming is when you break the language barrier and give info to the other side. Or, you collaborate to usher in some type of benefit via cooperation with an enemy player.
Fking finally!
Best way to avoid this is through limiting the /say and /tell chat to your own realm mates. Of course you can still use any VOIP program and tell your guildies on the other side what's going on, but it's trickier and can't be done on a large enough scale to influence the entire realm balancing, compared to when a spy passes on the info to the enemy's advice chat.

ostrogoth182

Post#37 » Tue Nov 17, 2015 12:23 pm

I got characters on both destroy and order, I don't understand why people are so against having both, you should be able to utilise every part of the game and enjoy every part without getting abuse

Yaliskah
Former Staff

Post#38 » Tue Nov 17, 2015 12:27 pm

Pixie126 wrote:No. I pick a side and stick with it. For good or bad, I have chosen.
So if you have Chosen, you play on Destro side?

( sorry for trolling, it was too tempting. I'll ban myself for some hours )

Ads
alan19

Post#39 » Tue Nov 17, 2015 12:38 pm

ostrogoth182 wrote:I got characters on both destroy and order, I don't understand why people are so against having both, you should be able to utilise every part of the game and enjoy every part without getting abuse
This is true, I also have chars in both factions but I don't turn in 2mn crashing the game (I've seen waves of crashing player directly in front of the keep) to logon faster on the other side.

This is what happen this morning in Empire/Chaos :

Destro begins attacking Mandred, ppl switch, Destro get bonus, go for a defence in STK but.... ppl switch back to destro waiting for defence. Destro get BOs, going for an attack and the same behaviour happens; ppl turn.... How do you want to take a keep like that ?

IP filtering is conceivable for those player, they won't be able to get a new public IP so fast. Restarting a modem require a minute or more (for me) and you are not certain to get a new IP.

Mac filtering is bad => ppl can't play in LAN.

I strongly think we should prevent FAST xrealmers only.

Gaydenfer

Druin
Former Staff

Post#40 » Tue Nov 17, 2015 12:45 pm

katroulitsa wrote:
Fking finally!

Says the dirty Cross-realmer!
Pretty much always afk or tabbed out.