Recent Topics

Ads

Get to da Choppa and Magus rift and Engi Magnet

Let's talk about... everything else
Coryphaus

Re: Get to da Choppa and Magus rift and Engi Magnet

Post#21 » Sat Nov 28, 2015 2:25 pm

Its 14 points your not spending on for Hdbuff, or sustain with furious choppin, bleed em out or any of the good hitta abilites

sit down is not ment for you to just kd a target and then wail on them with no rage up its more for you to kd so you can get a full duration furious choppin off with no worries

specing up a weak tree for a single target pull over which you have no control over who you are pulling to wards a glass cannon mdps is a trolly zerg runner build, espically right now and you sacrifice a lot of ST for it

Ads
tommyb23

Post#22 » Sat Nov 28, 2015 4:36 pm

I get the door part being stupid, but why are people complaining about wall pulls? If you hide behind an object on the keep walls, you dont get pulled... if you're dumb enough to get LOS, then you should get pulled. You can also pull up... the disruption makes the game more challenging and fun. Sitting on a wall without any fears seems rather boring IMO.
Terranc - Chosen
Lorde - Marauder
Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm - Magus

Sera

Post#23 » Sat Nov 28, 2015 4:43 pm

tommyb23 wrote:I get the door part being stupid, but why are people complaining about wall pulls? If you hide behind an object on the keep walls, you dont get pulled... if you're dumb enough to get LOS, then you should get pulled. You can also pull up... the disruption makes the game more challenging and fun. Sitting on a wall without any fears seems rather boring IMO.
I kind of like the idea of getting pulled from a higher level, and being able to pounce up to walls, but at the moment the pull does work without being in LoS and pulls you through objects that should have collision.
Sera

magter3001

Post#24 » Sat Nov 28, 2015 4:45 pm

RyanMakara wrote:
magter3001 wrote: But all it does is make the Choppa a one trick pony, just a troll spec that will die out as soon as the devs fix the los pulls. I honestly would rather see a lol AoE spec Choppa than a single target one if I was Order. Consider it like WL's pounce, except it's gonna get fixed where as pounce will not. :lol:
If you think Choppas are becoming a one-trick-pony cus of GTTC since it's a comparable ability of the Magus that IS a one-trick-pony cus of rift, you completely underestimate the power of the Savage and Hitta specs. AP restore/2 healdebuffs in both paths/self-heal/various overtime bleed-outs, ect. makes Choppa a super viable DPS class, as to where the Magus is still too weak for the effective crit stacking/dot spec it has in T4.

GTTC is an easy-mode Choppa playstyle at the moment, but most noobs don't like speccing for an ability that puts them in mortal danger of Order coming towards them. Nor do they realise the potential of combining pull + rage knockdown, which can utterly confuse and disable an opponent before they can even react to having their counter attack and movement stripped away.

How the heck did you get that from my quote? GTTC is in the Da Wrecka tree, not Hitta or Savage :/ You give up too much to get a random pull that you have no idea at who it's going to pull. That's a troll spec if I ever saw one with maybe also the AoE snare for kicks and giggles. I never said Choppas aren't good, I implied that Wrecka was bad. :lol:
Agrot 35/40 Aggychopp 32/40
Grelin of Magnus/Badlands ;)

RyanMakara

Post#25 » Sat Nov 28, 2015 4:51 pm

magter3001 wrote:
RyanMakara wrote:
magter3001 wrote: But all it does is make the Choppa a one trick pony, just a troll spec that will die out as soon as the devs fix the los pulls. I honestly would rather see a lol AoE spec Choppa than a single target one if I was Order. Consider it like WL's pounce, except it's gonna get fixed where as pounce will not. :lol:
If you think Choppas are becoming a one-trick-pony cus of GTTC since it's a comparable ability of the Magus that IS a one-trick-pony cus of rift, you completely underestimate the power of the Savage and Hitta specs. AP restore/2 healdebuffs in both paths/self-heal/various overtime bleed-outs, ect. makes Choppa a super viable DPS class, as to where the Magus is still too weak for the effective crit stacking/dot spec it has in T4.

GTTC is an easy-mode Choppa playstyle at the moment, but most noobs don't like speccing for an ability that puts them in mortal danger of Order coming towards them. Nor do they realise the potential of combining pull + rage knockdown, which can utterly confuse and disable an opponent before they can even react to having their counter attack and movement stripped away.

How the heck did you get that from my quote? GTTC is in the Da Wrecka tree, not Hitta or Savage :/ You give up too much to get a random pull that you have no idea at who it's going to pull. That's a troll spec if I ever saw one with maybe also the AoE snare for kicks and giggles. I never said Choppas aren't good, I implied that Wrecka was bad. :lol:
My bad, seemed as if you were comparing Magus to Choppa based that 1. they can spec for pull and 2. it's the only good thing they can spec atm. This is the definiting difference between Magus and Chop atm; Choppa still has 2 viable paths that are just as good. If you were to take GTTC away they could still perform well in the other two paths; Magus couldn't if you took his Rift away.

Landaren

Post#26 » Sat Nov 28, 2015 5:08 pm

There is only one reason people are playing gttc, it's very **** obvious people are doing it to abuse the pull through object.

Either there is no LoS check on the skill, or objects do not break LoS. I've been pulled through everything in the game now, from trees and rocks, to floors and ceiling.

People are specing the pulls and abusing them, mostly in keeps, but can be abused anywhere.
People that say removing this ability would gimp those classes aren't entirely wrong, but it isn't that those classes are gimp, its that other classes are just far more (to?) powerful.