Recent Topics

Ads

Fate of Engineer in City Sieges and Ranked Scenario

Let's talk about... everything else
Bozzax

Re: Fate of Engineer in City Sieges and Ranked Scenario

Post#21 » Sun May 31, 2020 7:36 am

catholicism198 wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 9:46 pm End game gear should have NEVER been locked behind a mini-game that disproportionately favors melee trains, and melee sorcs/bws.
Possibly but content being put in different paths is a fact

Some classes not optimal for all settings is a fact

BWs and engis being overpopulated classes is a fact (making it even worse)

I don’t think it is realistic to advocating all classes must be equally effective in all settings simple as that

Does end game need to evolve ... possibly
A reasonable RvR system that could make the majority happy http://imgur.com/HL6cgl7

Ads
catholicism198

Post#22 » Mon Jun 01, 2020 12:24 am

Bozzax wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 7:36 am
catholicism198 wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 9:46 pm End game gear should have NEVER been locked behind a mini-game that disproportionately favors melee trains, and melee sorcs/bws.
Possibly but content being put in different paths is a fact

Some classes not optimal for all settings is a fact

BWs and engis being overpopulated classes is a fact (making it even worse)

I don’t think it is realistic to advocating all classes must be equally effective in all settings simple as that

Does end game need to evolve ... possibly
Why do I even bother.

Jesden

Post#23 » Mon Jun 01, 2020 10:29 am

Jahledan wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 6:23 pm
Shadowgurke wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 1:35 pm
Hermik wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 12:36 pm

I can second all of this as an engi main :) Basically, being so dependent on your turret and being forced to waste one tactics slot on well-oiled machine is the real problem.
#!
The issue is simple: 2/2/2 is dominant and there are too many engis and not enough RDPS slots, and no amount of bitching and whining will fix you lots not playing healers and tanks
Here is the main problem. People trying to make others play what they want you to play. Only these type people are allowed to enjoy this Game. I can see why half the players ( up close to 3500+ daily for abit ) left with this attitude toward others. You suck any fun out of these players.
No one is saying not to play what you want, just explaining that if you want to play something that isn't in demand, you might not be invited to play with organised groups.

Glorian

Post#24 » Mon Jun 01, 2020 1:57 pm

wonshot wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 12:27 am ... of pre-kiting, debuffing the target(s) who are getting focused while interrupting or stopping the backline and controling an income flank attack. Its like the Bitterstone Uniform came with Blinkers (for a horse) on, with how deep the tunnelvision is for the most engineers ive seen on RoR.
If they get the uniform on and attend the Sniperquads and gunlines each Bitterstone Engineer is trained with the basic Engineer tools, do's and dont's.
Like don't give free immunities, get the right Turret for the right situation. Use your Strafing run, Knockback Grenade and interrupt grenade on the right moment.

If you want to **** on the Pug Engineers take the Bitterstone's out of it as we train our guild members.
And yes, Snipe and ST damage is one part of the Engineer setups.
Ofc nothing you would take into a city and if you want to win it.