Recent Topics

Ads

What Would Make You Roll An Order Tank/Healer?

Let's talk about... everything else
adamthelc

Re: What Would Make You Roll An Order Tank/Healer?

Post#31 » Sat Jun 15, 2019 12:05 am

bwdaWAR wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:41 pm Support classes can become very frustrating to play at times. High expectations, low appreciation, and when things go to Hell, you're invariably the one blamed for it - by the people you do the often boring but essential and difficult work for so they can do the much more glamorous and exciting damage dealing and kill scoring.
I've been thanked for good healing and good tanking before, which I find to be unnecessary. Never been thanked when I murder everything.

If you dont find support fun and need validation for doing it, dont play one. Dont blame not liking it on other peoples lack of praise.

If someone blames you for a loss when you know you did a good job, who cares? They obviously dont know what they are talking about. Why would some ignorant persons opinion mean anything to you?

If someone blames you and you did a bad job, accept the criticism and do better next time.

Some people need thicker skin.

Ads
bwdaWAR

Post#32 » Sat Jun 15, 2019 2:54 am

adamthelc wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 12:05 am
Spoiler:
bwdaWAR wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:41 pm Support classes can become very frustrating to play at times. High expectations, low appreciation, and when things go to Hell, you're invariably the one blamed for it - by the people you do the often boring but essential and difficult work for so they can do the much more glamorous and exciting damage dealing and kill scoring.
I've been thanked for good healing and good tanking before, which I find to be unnecessary. Never been thanked when I murder everything.

If you dont find support fun and need validation for doing it, dont play one. Dont blame not liking it on other peoples lack of praise.

If someone blames you for a loss when you know you did a good job, who cares? They obviously dont know what they are talking about. Why would some ignorant persons opinion mean anything to you?

If someone blames you and you did a bad job, accept the criticism and do better next time.

Some people need thicker skin.
CountTalabecland wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 3:18 am ...
So lets hear it, why don’t more of you Order folks out there play a support class? Is it because:
I am perplexed as to why support classes are so disliked that people would rather be farmed on their unguarded/unhealed dps for hours than roll a support class?

Malgaroth

Post#33 » Sat Jun 15, 2019 4:12 am

Honestly it's almost entirely about aesthetics for me. Deep down in my heart I will always be an edgy boi. The only Order support classes that appeal are SM, where I'd go 2H so I'd barely count, and WP, but I could just play DoK.

I play SW tho :P

Tesq

Post#34 » Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:51 am

Have to add all tanks exepct sm have really good looking gear at rr60 + tought.
Particulary IB/BO if you know what gear look for.

Sm could really benefith from some npc appereance

anarchypark

Post#35 » Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:34 am

guardbot, HtLbot is wrong way to play tank.
stop asking for it and stop doing it yourself.

it can fit every part of battle.
find right place and right moment.
HtL while reducing gap then change to assist mode or cc.
challenge assist train and guard swap to focused target.
make them no choice but hit tank.
then laugh at their futile attempt to kill tank.
you'll see enemies run from you ( actually they run from numbers behind of you but feel is same )

until you experience this, you haven't played tank correctly.
so help other noob tanks to experience this.
SM8, SW8, AM8, WL7, KoBS5, BW5, WP8, WH7, IB7, Eng5, RP5, SL6
BG8, Sorc8, DoK8, WE7, Chs8, Mg8, Ze7, Mara8, BO6, SH7, Shm5, Chop4
SC summary - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 2020.06.09)

Warfare80

Post#36 » Sat Jun 15, 2019 12:41 pm

anarchypark wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:34 am
you'll see enemies run from you ( actually they run from numbers behind of you but feel is same )
This made me laugh irl :)
The "look ma, I posted on the forums" award goes to...
Spoiler:
1 *****
2 Warfare80
3 ******************

vianiznice

Post#37 » Sat Jun 15, 2019 12:48 pm

Nothing would make me roll order, all their classes just looks generic and goofy.

Detangler

Post#38 » Sat Jun 15, 2019 1:54 pm

Both sides have too many pew pew classes in pug warbands. It's not an Order problem. Defensive tanks are a lot of fun if you know what you're doing and don't care about seeing big numbers pop up over enemy heads.
Detangler and alts - 84 Chosen, other 40s - DoK, Zealot, SH, WE, BG, BO
Destro - Mostly Harmless
Tangler and alts - 8X IB, other 40s - RP, SM
Order - Most dishonorable

Ads
Aethilmar

Post#39 » Sat Jun 15, 2019 3:42 pm

I think the number one reason for people preferring other classes to tanks is tanks have "invisible" contribution. Healers see green numbers and get renown for healing. DPS see yellow numbers and get renown for killing.

Tanks who do their job see nothing when they are doing their job with guarding/challenging/htl-ing. There is no direct renown reward for these activities although there does seem to be some RvR reward correlation for them (as far as I can tell on my tank).

phononHYPE

Post#40 » Sat Jun 15, 2019 4:15 pm

Aethilmar wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 3:42 pm I think the number one reason for people preferring other classes to tanks is tanks have "invisible" contribution. Healers see green numbers and get renown for healing. DPS see yellow numbers and get renown for killing.

Tanks who do their job see nothing when they are doing their job with guarding/challenging/htl-ing. There is no direct renown reward for these activities although there does seem to be some RvR reward correlation for them (as far as I can tell on my tank).
I made my WSCT mod note all block/parry/disrupt as "crits" and made the font ~32. Seeing all those pop-up counters that invisible feeling you talk about. A little.
Chasing the golden carrot that is my alts.

my 2h choppa ideas
learn about Initiative