Recent Topics

Ads

Any chance for pugs vs pugs in Cities?

Let's talk about... everything else
emiliorv
Suspended

Re: Any chance for pugs vs pugs in Cities?

Post#61 » Mon May 11, 2020 11:04 am

jaxamillian wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 6:30 am As a mainly solo player I always pug for cities, unfortunately 90% of the time we face up vs perfect premades.

Now I'm down with getting completely shafted up my rear end over and over. But I had a suprisingly excellent idea, how about matching pugs with pugs? That way we could have a chance above 0.0001% of winning with our 3 healers and 14 shadow warriors.

Love the server and appreciate you guys, but pugs vs pugs would be great :)
Question => what you call a "premade"?? is a 8/8/8 wb or you mean a full guild/alliance wb??

Ads
TreefAM

Post#62 » Mon May 11, 2020 11:43 am

Honestly the /5 warbands with coms are barely considered premades. It's people who may or may have not played with eachother, and even though you have comes people will still fail following the orders and doing random nonsense.

Jahledan

Post#63 » Wed May 20, 2020 3:22 am

Yeah what I though also. Preemies only want easy wins not a challenge. Since over half the classes are NOT wanted maybe disable those classes so New players are FORCED to play what these other players WANT them to play.

Serious problem here for any new or returning player. If you do not want players then stay steady.

Tillbeast

Post#64 » Wed May 20, 2020 8:40 am

Maybe make cities ranked. Every win gets you points and you are paired against opposition of similar rank. After a few cities the different types of groups will separate themselves so you will get more even fights.

Vayra

Post#65 » Wed May 20, 2020 9:00 am

Jahledan wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 3:22 am Yeah what I though also. Preemies only want easy wins not a challenge
I'd love challenging fights, stomps (in either direction) are boring. But if you're going to introduce premade/solo queues, you need some very clear definitions of premade that go far beyond just being 12/24 people queuing as a warband. Because the difference between some people not on voice who wanted to improve their chances by enforcing a balanced setup (a) and an organized guild/alliance wb (b) is far, far greater than the difference between that (a) and 24 solos (c). So if you lump (a) in with (b) in the premade queue you're punishing what are essentially solo players who showed a tiny bit of spirit by using the 10 minutes the game gives you to organize to do just that by facing them against well-oiled guild group machines. And you really don't want to punish people attempting to organize, that's bad for literally everyone on the server. You also don't want to punish solo players too hard, but you should always encourage them to start organizing. This isn't a solo game, you shouldn't expect to compete or win in end-game content going in solo.

So, if you want to separate the guild premades out of the pug queue, you have to either make 3 queues (pure pug, semi-organized, and guild premades) which is not feasible or you make 2 queues, 1 for solo + semi-organized wbs, and 1 for guild premades. You also need to have a system to deal with there being more guild premades on one side than the other, as them taking the time to organize should not cause them to lose out on the city if there's no appropriate opposition. Which likely takes the form of them being matched up against a pug warband anyway.
Vayra - Sorc
Forkrul - DoK
Kalyth - BG

Omegus

Post#66 » Wed May 20, 2020 9:14 am

Jahledan wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 3:22 amPreemies only want easy wins not a challenge.
You have no idea what you're talking about. Stomps are up to an hour of pure boredom and usually the "premade's" behaviour gets worse, e.g. spawn camping, just to try and make it the slightest bit interesting or amusing. Don't get me wrong, after 4-5 back to back tough cities facing a random PUG can be cathartic, but much more than that and a lot of players in premades get bored quickly. The reason most of us are grouped, on comms, in our best gear and with the meta specs is to try and play the game at the highest level and that includes facing opponents doing the same thing. Otherwise all that effort has gone into running over an enemy warband in 10 seconds followed by some PVE around the city for 5 minutes before the next 10 second run-over.

Some of us want to pvp in a pvp game...

edit: and the number of viable order classes is far higher than people think, it's just that - and this is reports from the order side - many people refuse to respec for city and expect to use their crappy rvr keep specs.
Zomega: RR8x Zealot

Alfa1986

Post#67 » Wed May 20, 2020 10:36 am

Jahledan wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 3:22 am Yeah what I though also. Preemies only want easy wins not a challenge. Since over half the classes are NOT wanted maybe disable those classes so New players are FORCED to play what these other players WANT them to play.

Serious problem here for any new or returning player. If you do not want players then stay steady.
in fact, they are also bored.
just look, some people are starting "to lose their minds" because of boredom, someone quene in SCs as DPS/heal, but he doesn’t do any damage/healing at all, considering it is very funny. someone gather a party for a dungeon, gets to the boss and goes into afk, looking at the reaction of other players who have spent time for running dangeon and now don’t understand what to do (apparently this is also a very funny situation, as they think), someone quene as premades for pug scenario (just speculation and/or observation, no evidence).
on the one hand they can be understood they are bored, on the other hand the game is already turning into some kind of circus.
15th orks on a dead elf's chest
yo ho ho and a bottle of rum

pepperoni420

Post#68 » Wed May 20, 2020 11:42 am

Competitive 24v24 instanced based pvp makes no sense as the culmination of the ORVR campaign.

The ORVR campaign is the most casual aspect of the game, it is won through overwhelming the other side with superior numbers. The vast majority of players are not prepared for competitive pvp, as in their mind, they arent even playing a competitive pvp game.

They are playing a casual zerg based pvdoor gear grinding game. Of course people are going to be upset when you change the entire focus of the game

Ads
SuperStar

Post#69 » Wed May 20, 2020 12:01 pm

I supported the op idea. It would be great if the city watchs the rr and the guild/ Allie wb . Coz if you are in a 80+ rr 18man pug and you think it will good it will be a mascara (and you don't wrong but it's the other way ):D and you got a guildel/Allie wb aganist you. Well then you can imagine it :)

But prior to get a pop so if the only enemy full guild then it is what it is.

Draugris

Post#70 » Wed May 20, 2020 12:16 pm

pepperoni420 wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 11:42 am Competitive 24v24 instanced based pvp makes no sense as the culmination of the ORVR campaign.
Cities are not competitive as they are now and that´s the whole problem in this discussion. The only true competitive mode in this game is maybe 6vs6 premade ranked scenarios. As long as a 24 premade wb in a city gets matched vs a 24 pug wb, sorry this is probably the most casual mode ever. I see a lot of people are not arguing in good faith and instead are protecting only what benefits them. If Cities are really this glorified PvP endgame, OK, then why not disabling queueing unless you are a full 24 man/woman/anything between Warband? Then everybody is forced to think about who and what to bring. The only problems left then is that certain classes will never set a foot in cities with a class balance that´s like "Bring the class, not the player", should be the other way around.
Live: Carroburg -> Santorro (WH), The first Guard (TfG)