Recent Topics

Ads

Where they gone? And really?!

Let's talk about... everything else
Morf

Re: Where they gone? And really?!

Post#61 » Fri Feb 12, 2016 7:46 pm

As mentioned the radar bug really doesnt help but i still see alot of solo players, mostly stealthers.
I think it doesnt help when u have zerg wb's and even 6 man premades who are willing to chase a solo guy or interrupt a 1v1, i see no harm in just spectating even if your realm mate dies and feels the need to swear at you in pm's for not getting involved :D
Morfee - Shaman / Mynnos - Kotbs / Grubod - Black Orc / Snubz - Squig Herder

Ads
Jaycub

Post#62 » Fri Feb 12, 2016 7:57 pm

greenstoned wrote: this

i miss hiding behind trees and playing it like an apache
It all makes sense now.

The dots are there to stifle gorilla warfare, because that is what the Americans used to beat the british in 1776. Az still hasn't gotten over that and is using this as some sick act of revenge. This is just outright anti- American, we will never be a colony again NEVER.
<Lords of the Locker Room> <Old School>

Toldavf

Post#63 » Fri Feb 12, 2016 8:16 pm

Jaycub wrote:
greenstoned wrote: this

i miss hiding behind trees and playing it like an apache
It all makes sense now.

The dots are there to stifle pitched battles, because that is what the french used to beat the british in 1776. Az still hasn't gotten over that and is using this as some sick act of revenge. This is just outright anti- American, we will never be a colony again NEVER.
Fixed
Khorlar, Thorvold, Sjohgar, Anareth, Toldavf, Hartwin, Gotrin and others -_-

greenstoned

Post#64 » Fri Feb 12, 2016 11:48 pm

guerilla warfare inspired and tought by native americans anyways ;p

both the french and british and prolly a whole lot of other european nations back then were stupid enough to wage war in ranged lines, shootin in turns, on open fields... usually whoever had the most men won. its really one of the not so smart eras of warfare in mankind's history imo...

on a more serious note, is radar fix in the dev's planning? coz i really do miss guerilla warfare, straggler ganking and etc... to me, this game is pretty much that and sc's, i always HATED zerg surfing :P
AM - Greendreams
SW - Experiment

porkstar

Post#65 » Fri Feb 12, 2016 11:51 pm

Morf wrote:As mentioned the radar bug really doesnt help but i still see alot of solo players, mostly stealthers.
I think it doesnt help when u have zerg wb's and even 6 man premades who are willing to chase a solo guy or interrupt a 1v1, i see no harm in just spectating even if your realm mate dies and feels the need to swear at you in pm's for not getting involved :D
Fo sho
Vagreena Auntie Dangercat
Porkstar Hamcat Coolwave
Penril wrote:So you are saying that a class you never touched is OP?
Go play it before posting about it pal...

AlfaKurvone

Post#66 » Sat Feb 13, 2016 12:12 am

Why would anyone want to solo when there are only tryhard gank-squads roaming around looking for cheap kills and the only soloers are AM/SW and squigs.
The other problem is the zones are way too small as someone already pointed out.

samsauce

Post#67 » Sat Feb 13, 2016 12:23 am

AlfaKurvone wrote:Why would anyone want to solo when there are only tryhard gank-squads roaming around looking for cheap kills and the only soloers are AM/SW and squigs.
The other problem is the zones are way too small as someone already pointed out.
Hey I don't think the zones are small really, if you come on certain times of the day/night some zones are so empty you can run around them for literally hours without seeing another person, you're right about the try-hards though, too many of them exist here, the elitist ways ruin mmo's.

AlfaKurvone

Post#68 » Sat Feb 13, 2016 10:23 am

samsauce wrote:
AlfaKurvone wrote:Why would anyone want to solo when there are only tryhard gank-squads roaming around looking for cheap kills and the only soloers are AM/SW and squigs.
Hey I don't think the zones are small really, if you come on certain times of the day/night some zones are so empty you can run around them for literally hours without seeing another person, you're right about the try-hards though, too many of them exist here, the elitist ways ruin mmo's.
Maybe i didn't phrase that correctly. When people play RvR they tend to follow the zerg and BO's.
The distance from warcamp to BO's and keeps is short except for the dwarf zone and that's why you won't meet any solo players.
I love the PvE zones in this game, they put a lot of effort into making them seem so epic, but there's nothing that makes you want to explore since most quests offer very weak gear, so people tend not to.

Ads
Sulorie

Post#69 » Sat Feb 13, 2016 11:34 am

samsauce wrote:
Spoiler:
Sulorie wrote:Melees have plenty tools to stay or get into melee range.
When you pop out of stealth and fail to kill the target quickly, then you have to die, period.
The ranged snare is no 1on1 tool, it is properly used against fleeing targets who can't defend both sides to avoid the snare. Ganking doesn't mean that you solo the target. Group up with another stealth class.

Jumping is vital for kiting in general, because circle strafing continuously reduces the distance to your target and you often have to change your direction.

On live there was no noticeable advantage like the lag jumping mentioned here. If it is fixable, I am sure it will be fixed and if not, then jump as well.
Wait a sec here, so you want me to group with other stealthers to be effective? Silly.

The ranged snare IS a 1v1 tool though, I've used it probably twice while in scenario groups. Can you list all the "Melees have plenty tools to stay or get into melee range." Wouldn't mind knowing what you mean by this?
You want to be effective against anyone on your own? Keep on dreaming. When your dmg is too low to kill them during knockdown or shortly after, then you simply need assist.
When you think like this about the ranged snare then it might be you lacking experience.

What tools melees may have?
Charge
Pounce
Stealth to get close
Snare/Root Immunity
Resolute Defense
Cleansing Wind
Snare Attacks
Knockdown/Disarm/Silence Attacks
Moral Root
Disrupt Buff
Moral Dodge/Parry Buff

All tools to get close, to stop the target or to make you immune to their countermeasures.
Not all is valid for every melee class but you seriously want to tell me, that you need even more?
Dying is no option.

Returnofrekt

Post#70 » Sat Feb 13, 2016 11:46 am

Sulorie wrote:
samsauce wrote:
Spoiler:
Sulorie wrote:Melees have plenty tools to stay or get into melee range.
When you pop out of stealth and fail to kill the target quickly, then you have to die, period.
The ranged snare is no 1on1 tool, it is properly used against fleeing targets who can't defend both sides to avoid the snare. Ganking doesn't mean that you solo the target. Group up with another stealth class.

Jumping is vital for kiting in general, because circle strafing continuously reduces the distance to your target and you often have to change your direction.

On live there was no noticeable advantage like the lag jumping mentioned here. If it is fixable, I am sure it will be fixed and if not, then jump as well.
Wait a sec here, so you want me to group with other stealthers to be effective? Silly.

The ranged snare IS a 1v1 tool though, I've used it probably twice while in scenario groups. Can you list all the "Melees have plenty tools to stay or get into melee range." Wouldn't mind knowing what you mean by this?
You want to be effective against anyone on your own? Keep on dreaming. When your dmg is too low to kill them during knockdown or shortly after, then you simply need assist.
When you think like this about the ranged snare then it might be you lacking experience.

What tools melees may have?
Charge
Pounce
Stealth to get close
Snare/Root Immunity
Resolute Defense
Cleansing Wind
Snare Attacks
Knockdown/Disarm/Silence Attacks
Moral Root
Disrupt Buff
Moral Dodge/Parry Buff

All tools to get close, to stop the target or to make you immune to their countermeasures.
Not all is valid for every melee class but you seriously want to tell me, that you need even more?
But didn't the OP already say he plays solo WE? So none of these abilities apply except snare(which doesn't work) and knockdown(that's almost 24/7 parried, blocked, absorbed, missed, immunity).