Recent Topics

Ads

X-Realming is Good for the game.

Let's talk about... everything else
Telen
Suspended

Re: X-Realming is Good for the game.

Post#161 » Thu Apr 28, 2016 3:18 pm

Put any sort of power scaling on aao and forget small-scale. When the smaller faction will be far stronger individually you encourage the larger to zerg even more.

Ads
Akalukz

Post#162 » Thu Apr 28, 2016 3:21 pm

Telen wrote:Put any sort of power scaling on aao and forget small-scale. When the smaller faction will be far stronger individually you encourage the larger to zerg even more.
Most likely true!
-= Agony =-

peterthepan3

Post#163 » Thu Apr 28, 2016 3:32 pm

Telen wrote:Put any sort of power scaling on aao and forget small-scale. When the smaller faction will be far stronger individually you encourage the larger to zerg even more.
On the contrary, if damage/healing/defensive buffs were given to AAO you would most probably see more people running around in smaller groups to capitalise on the increased renown/xp/inf you get from AAO. Having some sort of advantage and not having to succumb to being roflstomped by zergs whenever paths cross would serve as an incentive to get into smaller groups instead of riding the roflstomptrain.

Telen
Suspended

Post#164 » Thu Apr 28, 2016 3:43 pm

But if you are on the zerg side why leave the zerg? Anyone you come across will beat you due to the aao. You just punish those that dont zerg.

peterthepan3

Post#165 » Thu Apr 28, 2016 3:48 pm

Telen wrote:But if you are on the zerg side why leave the zerg? Anyone you come across will beat you due to the aao. You just punish those that dont zerg.
Because zerging is boring? such changes (aao = buffs) are made with the hopes that people will one day decide to not latch onto a zerg, and do something that requires individual input and skill.
having buffs will allow small groups to give more challenge to zergs, will discourage people from mindless zerging, and promote better pvp with increased rewards: 3 for the price of 1, if you ask me.

Grimmrog

Post#166 » Thu Apr 28, 2016 3:58 pm

peterthepan3 wrote:
Telen wrote:But if you are on the zerg side why leave the zerg? Anyone you come across will beat you due to the aao. You just punish those that dont zerg.
Because zerging is boring? such changes (aao = buffs) are made with the hopes that people will one day decide to not latch onto a zerg, and do something that requires individual input and skill.
having buffs will allow small groups to give more challenge to zergs, will discourage people from mindless zerging, and promote better pvp with increased rewards: 3 for the price of 1, if you ask me.
WAR is a RVR game if you make it a group game it would suck. It's meant to be big battles. And the better organised and skilled zerg will always outclass the mindelss zerg. Those claims wanting to "reward" skill much more looks more like the need of some elitistic people wanting to rule the battlefield in smaller numbers not having to organsie larger potions of their realm. But for those we have scenarios. Thats where they are supposed to go.

Telen
Suspended

Post#167 » Thu Apr 28, 2016 4:07 pm

peterthepan3 wrote:
If my realm is zerging and the enemy have the aao buff what happens to me? I dont want to zerg so I cant find a level fight? Log off? All you will have is a zerg realm and a realm zerg bursting. You will never see even smallscale fights or soloers.

This is just 6mans wanting the power to zergburst and **** the rest of us ever having balanced fights. They want to rule rvr and well as scs against pugs? **** hell we might aswell just pve as we arent allowed in pvp.

peterthepan3

Post#168 » Thu Apr 28, 2016 4:17 pm

wow. I literally give my opinion and say that giving a buff to AAO to promote less zerging, and i get called an elitist/6man blabla. no reasoning with some people on these forums.

guarantee most 6mans will still only focus on 6v6 against others even if incentives to rvr are put in place. my suggestion was to promote RVR PLAYERS, i.e. people that fight in warbands etc and are BORED of zerg, to fight smallerscale instead of relying on huge numbers to win the day - how is that a bad thing? how am I saying 'NO MORE ORVR'? why do you people insist on misinterpreting everything?

nice, keep it how it is then. nice tangent you went off on telen considering you're a DPS AM and I only ever see you solo in the lakes.

PS. wanting to make the game more reliant on tactics and PvP instead of blob is not elitist, nor does it always have to pertain to 6v6. just a fyi.

Ads
Gachimuchi

Post#169 » Thu Apr 28, 2016 4:21 pm

Telen wrote: This is just 6mans wanting the power to zergburst and **** the rest of us ever having balanced fights. They want to rule rvr and well as scs against pugs? **** hell we might aswell just pve as we arent allowed in pvp.
???????????????????????????????????

I don't know where you got this idea from but peterthepan =/= every 6 man group ever. Besides the idea to give people a damage buff or the like if they have AAO is horrible. Some 6 mans can 'zergbust' just fine on their own.
Zuuka - Okayzoomer - and many others
Khandikhaine/Ligmuh/Egf - Meatcircle - Ukruton - and many others
Old School / Lords of the Locker Room

peterthepan3

Post#170 » Thu Apr 28, 2016 4:26 pm

Gachimuchi wrote:
Telen wrote: This is just 6mans wanting the power to zergburst and **** the rest of us ever having balanced fights. They want to rule rvr and well as scs against pugs? **** hell we might aswell just pve as we arent allowed in pvp.
???????????????????????????????????

I don't know where you got this idea from but peterthepan =/= every 6 man group ever. Besides the idea to give people a damage buff or the like if they have AAO is horrible. Some 6 mans can 'zergbust' just fine on their own.

that's true: decent 6mans can do that. the buff was more thinking of rvr players who may be bored of zerging. just food for thought really