Recent Topics

Ads

Why some of us OG's Get upset

Let's talk about... everything else
lucento

Why some of us OG's Get upset

Post#1 » Thu Apr 28, 2016 6:36 am

Please nerbs tell me how to play. 1. Stop attacking tanks 2. Heal and guard the appropriate player 3. Stop depending on Orvr and Q SC's otherwise you will not know how to play your toon. 4. You know who you are keep on sucking Gorks's tip.

Ads
Bretin

Re: Why some of us OG's Get upset

Post#2 » Thu Apr 28, 2016 6:55 am

lucento wrote:1. Stop attacking tanks
why?

Theseus

Post#3 » Thu Apr 28, 2016 7:31 am

Bretin wrote:
why?

Well, for the simple Reason, that tanks are quite sturdy, but mostly dont do real damage on their own. Their main objectiv is, to redirect damage from the DD and healers to themselves. So if you attack them before you take care of the others, you play right in their hands. Of course, you should differ between Off and Deff tanks. Offtanks do more damage than defftanks but are als easier to kill, so sometimes the first rule might not apply for them, it might be worth killing them quick. But for the most cases, first kill the healers, then the DD and then, take yout time with the Tanks, you will need it.
Andyrion Ulthenair
Arphyrion Soulblade

Toldavf

Post#4 » Thu Apr 28, 2016 7:58 am

Imo most good healers take longer to die than most tank. Ignoring the enemy DPS for the amount of time it takes for your group to put down a well played and protected WP is generally a bad idea. I've found that it's almost always best to train the crap out of the DPS first; this prevents them from using positional abilities like spine crusher, flanking shot, agonising wound, ect and takes that DPS out of the fight be either killing him or forcing him to kite for his life to relive pressure.

As for hitting tanks it's good to try them a could gcds on a tank that over extent because he thought he could get away with it will some times yield results.

The hit healers first is a mentality I'm sick of seeing.
Khorlar, Thorvold, Sjohgar, Anareth, Toldavf, Hartwin, Gotrin and others -_-

Theseus

Post#5 » Thu Apr 28, 2016 8:22 am

Toldavf wrote:Imo most good healers take longer to die than most tank. Ignoring the enemy DPS for the amount of time it takes for your group to put down a well played and protected WP is generally a bad idea. I've found that it's almost always best to train the crap out of the DPS first; this prevents them from using positional abilities like spine crusher, flanking shot, agonising wound, ect and takes that DPS out of the fight be either killing him or forcing him to kite for his life to relive pressure.

As for hitting tanks it's good to try them a could gcds on a tank that over extent because he thought he could get away with it will some times yield results.

The hit healers first is a mentality I'm sick of seeing.
You are right, always taking out the healer first, is not gonna cut it, sometimes attacking the DD is also neccesary, but in my opinion, thats the purpose of the offtank, to hold off the melee DD, while the real DD kill the healers. Because the Simple fact is, to kill a well played and healed Tank is nearly impossible. It is way easier to pressure the Meele DD wirh your tanks take out the Ranged DD with your Ranged and kill the Healer with your Meele.
Andyrion Ulthenair
Arphyrion Soulblade

Tiggo
Former Staff

Post#6 » Thu Apr 28, 2016 8:44 am

so many squishy tanks out there (even snb) you should always try them, especially with marauder/wl armor debuff they go down faster then most healers or guarded mdps...

you see in 2 gcd if hes squishy or not, if its a full def tank then ignore...

and on taking healers first... not always the best rule. often its better to hit the mdps/rdps depending on enemy setup.

a good healer will kite, will let you overextend etc.

if you have a ranged setup very difficult in most circumstances as rdps then have to stay in the enemy mdps/tanks to even reach their healers, so its often better to focus out the enemy mpds or even tank.

and what is an OG?
- Martock - Tiggo - Antigonos - Mago - Hamilkar - Melquart
- Smooshie (Destro)

Bretin

Post#7 » Thu Apr 28, 2016 8:59 am

Well, for the simple Reason, that tanks are quite sturdy, but mostly dont do real damage on their own. Their main objectiv is, to redirect damage from the DD and healers to themselves. So if you attack them before you take care of the others, you play right in their hands. Of course, you should differ between Off and Deff tanks. Offtanks do more damage than defftanks but are als easier to kill, so sometimes the first rule might not apply for them, it might be worth killing them quick. But for the most cases, first kill the healers, then the DD and then, take yout time with the Tanks, you will need it.
i basically asked that one question just to check your knowledge and yet you disappointed me. the main objectiv of a tank is not to redirect damage. they have multiple jobs and yet the tank archetype has the biggest impact on the battlefield. they are responsible for most of the CC, to negate damage & to deal damage. a good tank can control a battlefield on his own. due to the fact that they have by far the largest impact on the outcome of an fight, it is quite often important to shut them down before anything else. ofc that doesn't always makes sense, especially not when the enemy group has 2 tanks who are both capable of swapping guard (take care of each other). but one thing is for sure: if the enemy tank dies, the fight is basically won. losing a tank is worse than losing a healer because the amount of pressure it generates on your group is insane. so whenever you have the chance to drop a tank, do it.

note: that doesn't mean to always go for the tank first, the situation matters a lot but saying "ignore tanks" or "don't hit tanks" is just a proof of little to no knowledge about target calls.

You are right, always taking out the healer first, is not gonna cut it, sometimes attacking the DD is also neccesary, but in my opinion, thats the purpose of the offtank, to hold off the melee DD, while the real DD kill the healers.
aha.. i want to see how that works ingame. if you want your group to work they have to assist. splitting your offtank from the rest of the train which is supposed to chase the healer in your scenerio will end in an full wipe after 30seconds. though for your team ofc. a offtank can't pressure a guarded dps all alone and if you let him stick to deal fluff damage it will make you end up losing one guard on your dps e.g. providing a free kill for the enemy team.
Because the Simple fact is, to kill a well played and healed Tank is nearly impossible.
not true.
It is way easier to pressure the Meele DD wirh your tanks take out the Ranged DD with your Ranged and kill the Healer with your Meele.
i really appreciate your theorycrafting and that you want to share informations which are supposed to let people improve their gameplay. in general this would be a good thing but yet this advice is really really bad and you should rethink everything of your post.

range dps focus range dps: great, the one who is trying to do so will end up in melee range and get caught. once they are caught, they die.
melee dps chase healer: great, free kills.
tanks killing melees: cool story, that will never happen thanks to no healdebuff and not enough damage.

ps: if it sounds a bit harsh i am sorry. i don't try to put you down or whatever but the post is really not that great or helpful at all and it will force new players into doing the wrong things.

YUKO

Post#8 » Thu Apr 28, 2016 9:08 am

Bretin wrote:
why?
its lunacy!

Ads
Waaghaa

Post#9 » Thu Apr 28, 2016 9:41 am

Tiggo wrote: and what is an OG?
I can tell you what it is not, its not Original Gangsta.

Regarding the topic.

I'd say that the tactic to fight or not fight tanks depends on where you are, I am pretty sure that a tank with knockback can cause alot of grief in certain locations for anyone, where if you get punted, are in for quite a ride, thats starts with Aaaaaaaaaa..... and ends with a resurrection timer.
Spoiler:

Kalt

Post#10 » Thu Apr 28, 2016 12:30 pm

Ingoing healdebuff on the target + outgoing healdebuff on the healer is the solution.
With this , any target , Tank , heal , dps can be killed .
But to achieve this , you have to play on vocal and be coordonate.