Recent Topics

Ads

Appreciation for the team

Let's talk about... everything else
Sarasil

Re: Appreciation for the team

Post#21 » Mon Jun 16, 2014 3:42 pm

They can't take any kind of payment for this or they would be taken down.

If you have to pay them I guess you could ask them personally and do some private transaction but even that might cause troublesome questions somewhere. But, if they have some projects besides this you could always go support those instead and help out that way.
Natharyn (sw)/Umatharil (sm)/Jillian (doc)

Find my fantasy art on my website and on facebook

Ads
Sardaukar

Post#22 » Tue Jun 17, 2014 3:31 am

Surely we can donate to the website, though. These things cost bandwidth.

Lindisfarne

Post#23 » Tue Jun 17, 2014 3:46 am

dimzard wrote:Only what i can say is:

I realy raly like to play this server. Dev team make incredible nice work!
Couldn't say it any better myself.
free typi
Lindisfarne Massacre--Northernrage--Pagans Mind--Dio

JeFawk

Post#24 » Tue Jun 17, 2014 4:42 am

Sarasil wrote:They can't take any kind of payment for this or they would be taken down.
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Ganelon

Post#25 » Tue Jun 17, 2014 4:44 am

A lot of MUD games used to be unable to make any sort of profit due to the terms of agreement for using the code base, or because they used a theme that was based on published material copyrighted by someone else - I don't recall the specifics anymore.
However, some of them were able to accept donations without this being seen as 'profit', and I know of at least one that still does.
It's probably something for the developers here to look into once things are a bit more solidified and they want to look at large scale upgrades for stuff.
Might even be able to push out some cheap merchandise for sale that's not directly tied to the game - Emu-War logo mugs, shirts, etc.
Nobody can own the word 'war'.....and it's still a nice little momento players might like to have.

I know this is putting the cart before the horse and all that - but just throwing out possible options.

Besides, I'm trying to ditch an assignment I should be doing :)

CruciasNZ

Post#26 » Tue Jun 17, 2014 4:57 am

As long as they remain non-profit donations would not legally be incriminating. If they put up donation goals and funnel all excess donations into community prizes or something they'd be safe.

Sarasil

Post#27 » Tue Jun 17, 2014 2:53 pm

JeFawk wrote:
Sarasil wrote:They can't take any kind of payment for this or they would be taken down.
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
Well .. except in your case then. I'm sure you'd gladly take something that is not money.. : P

JeFawk

Post#28 » Tue Jun 17, 2014 2:55 pm

Sarasil wrote:
JeFawk wrote:
Well .. except in your case then. I'm sure you'd gladly take something that is not money.. : P
Can I take virginity?

Ads
Sarasil

Post#29 » Tue Jun 17, 2014 3:00 pm

JeFawk wrote:
Sarasil wrote:
Can I take virginity?
Hmm I'm a bit short on that but hey, maybe there are other ladies on here who's got that currency!

krisdtn

Post#30 » Tue Jun 17, 2014 3:07 pm

well I think the main thing that needs to be looked at is the latency issue server side.. You figure and solve that, then it might help making the rest fixable with less frustrated folks. Me personally i don't care as I know these dev's work in their spare time and I know how it feels to come home from working and then have to work some more? really takes dedication and we appreciate the work!

Though should have someone interviewing more dev's so you can have each dev working on a category and not a couple working on everything.