Recent Topics

Ads

[Magus] Why so weak?

Let's talk about... everything else
ToXoS

[Magus] Why so weak?

Post#1 » Wed May 25, 2016 7:28 pm

I play mostly the magus, and I have a little question, just one...(probably more)

As a Magus I'm supposed to be a freaking Chaos sorcerer of Tzeentch, right?
So why I'm feeling more like a useless drunk halfling when I try to do some damage, mutate things and bath people into warp fire?

Don't misunderstand me, the magus is my favorite class, and is really fun to play, but why it is so weak?

Magi can't do decent burst damage (the BoC+SoI+SVF+IFoC rotation is only viable if you want to stay stationary while dying), and even if the DoT is pretty good, a healer can just cleanse it just like if it was nothing...Well, of course deadly mutations are nothing, just a flesh wound...lol.

I don't ask a lot, just make some DoT of the magus not cleansable. That will be a good start to make the career viable (I know, I'm dreaming). I will not talk about rift spec magus, because even if it is not entirely bad, it's a very situational build...

I know it looks like some hate/whining thread, but it's really not. It's a SOS. Magi need help.

Ads
Gachimuchi

Re: [Magus] Why so weak?

Post#2 » Wed May 25, 2016 7:30 pm

Engi/Magus are both bad outside pull spec for AoE bombing. Mist/Napalm work fine in open when people are dumb enough to stand in it without heals but otherwise it does nothing.

When balance forums open up people are going to be suggesting all sorts of buffs for them.
Zuuka - Okayzoomer - and many others
Khandikhaine/Ligmuh/Egf - Meatcircle - Ukruton - and many others
Old School / Lords of the Locker Room

peterthepan3

Post#3 » Wed May 25, 2016 7:31 pm

Ahhh my friend, welcome to the life of the Magus =)

Suck it up for a while, and wait for the balance forums to be released. A lot of people have some good suggestions for the class waiting on standby. The class was always relatively weak, unfortunately, but hopefully that will not be the case here.

Mizhas

Post#4 » Wed May 25, 2016 8:19 pm

Well, youmust assume that magus has a different role than a socerer. Magus is not about burst but half way between burst and AoE DPS+support.

I think that there are many ways magus can be buffed. Buffing their DPS should not be the priority since if you want more DPS, you hould be playing a sorc. Ofc they could have some tweaks in some tactics as a QoL change which would make DPSing easier.

I would try to make the pet positioning key not just for the magus but for the entire party. Make the pet share the +20% damage buff with the group and add to each pet some kind of utility other than being a simple dps turret. I mean, blue horror could also have an aura wich would damage and snare enemies around it for 1 sec each 2 secs.
That kind of utility may allow magus to become a much stronger support class.
:lol: Mercadona All Stars FTW!!! :lol:

perche

Post#5 » Wed May 25, 2016 9:04 pm

magus must be inferior to a sorc in dps but superior to a am, may be short times in dots with more dmg and short time in cast in boc etc.
Perche choppa rr100 RIp
Dizparate squid rr100 Rip

Bayoneta vonsodomiten Dok
Froilan Borbon engi nerfed in last 2 patch.

Azarael

Post#6 » Wed May 25, 2016 9:25 pm

Mizhas wrote:I think that there are many ways magus can be buffed. Buffing their DPS should not be the priority since if you want more DPS, you hould be playing a sorc. Ofc they could have some tweaks in some tactics as a QoL change which would make DPSing easier.
Horrendous misconception. You can give them more DPS as long as you give them appropriate drawbacks. People need to break out of this "only BW/Sorc are allowed to be REAL DPS" mentality - they're all RDPS classes.

ToXoS

Post#7 » Wed May 25, 2016 9:56 pm

You're right.
Still, I don't want the magus to be as powerful as a sorcerer.
I just want the magus to be a viable RDPS...

saupreusse
Developer

Post#8 » Wed May 25, 2016 10:02 pm

ToXoS wrote:You're right.
Shouldn't all classes be powerful on a same level but in different ways?

Ads
Telen
Suspended

Post#9 » Wed May 25, 2016 10:04 pm

Sorc/bw have two trees dedicated to st dps that synergize really well. The magus trees are such a mixed bag. Demonology is ok. Changing which by its description you would think would be the dd tree is a complete mishmash. Magus is just a class, like lifetap healers, that looks like its from a game that isnt so rigidly based on the trinity.
Last edited by Telen on Wed May 25, 2016 10:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.

ToXoS

Post#10 » Wed May 25, 2016 10:06 pm

saupreusse wrote:
ToXoS wrote:You're right.
Shouldn't all classes be powerful on a same level but in different ways?
I guess so...
But my expectations are not that high.