Recent Topics

Ads

Healing

Let's talk about... everything else
Azarael

Re: Healing

Post#11 » Mon Dec 01, 2014 3:13 am

That's true, but incoming heal debuffs are more powerful than outgoing anyway, since you can just shoot the person that you want to kill rather than having to go into the back lines to kill the healer. Hence, bullets working as they do should actually make it easier to kill people.

If you play Order, anyway. Destruction are boned until the Witch Elf's kisses are updated.

Ads
SetchDreskar

Post#12 » Mon Dec 01, 2014 3:19 am

See I disagree I much prefer the old method, using BBoConf on the healer with BAL [Granted that is a late tier ability here but it will serve the point, Burn Heretic would fit as well for T1] and then switching to their defensive target they were desperatly trying to keep alive and helping whoever is killing them, burn them down. With BAL the tick is more severe so would make the healer prioritize healing themselves with their halved healing abilities leaving the defensive target more vulnerable.

So I would much rather have all healing abilities of the victim affected, not just incoming heals.
"Ever boil a can of cola? Ever see what tries to crawl out of the saucepan?" - The Black Signal

Setch Dreskar [WH] - Harkus Ironforge [Engi] - Severys [BW] - Korvik Runecarver [RP]

Azarael

Post#13 » Mon Dec 01, 2014 3:20 am

Yeah, with stealth and Burn Away Lies working I would (and did) agree with your approach.

SetchDreskar

Post#14 » Mon Dec 01, 2014 3:25 am

God I miss BAL... it brings a tear to the eye, but hey maybe in a few years we will get our hands back on that sexy piece of rage inducing execution!
"Ever boil a can of cola? Ever see what tries to crawl out of the saucepan?" - The Black Signal

Setch Dreskar [WH] - Harkus Ironforge [Engi] - Severys [BW] - Korvik Runecarver [RP]

Sulorie

Post#15 » Mon Dec 01, 2014 6:48 am

How can you call healers OP, when those get stuck unable to cast anything, when their offensive target runs out of range? Healing is actually a pain without a working party UI, when you have to click the right char inside a melee brawl to heal the dps/tank.
Dying is no option.

Luth

Post#16 » Mon Dec 01, 2014 10:00 am

I find incoming healdebuffs on a dps so much more powerful than outgoing. As a dps normally you jump on a target and try to burst it down before it can react properly (e.g. detaunt, guardswitch from tank). As a high rank witch hunter i would rather use the "bullets of cleansing" and skill for the inc-healdebuff (punish the false) than using the out-healdebuff bullets.
If you have several healers on the other side, an outgoing healdebuff won't be much of help in focusing down a single target.
Imo an outgoing healdebuff should be primary a tool for tanks (e.g. to harass doks/wps :D ).

This is also one of the several things, that makes the white lion inferior to other mdps, as he is the only one that has no access to an incoming healdebuff (only outgoing).
If you want to build a competitive group with the standard 2/2/2 setup, you simply can't take two wl's for the mdps role. Even if you take one, you just have one incoming healdebuff on a 10 sec cooldown from the slayer/wh. What makes this even worse: this healdebuff is an ailment and so it can be easy group-cleansed by doks (even the sw healdebuff is an ailment...).

On the other side, it is highly likely that you will face a range of incoming healdebuffs, the wp can't cleanse easily (marauder, we, sh). This makes a double wp setup quite impossible against serious enemys.

edit: i don't want to justify the bullet healdebuff bug, as it is op atm. I'm just talking about healdebuffs in general.

Sulorie

Post#17 » Mon Dec 01, 2014 10:25 am

When you focus on a single healer, an outgoing healdebuff is useful. It stacked with incoming healdebuffs as well, if I remember right.
Dying is no option.

Germane

Post#18 » Mon Dec 01, 2014 10:41 am

Sulorie wrote:When you focus on a single healer, an outgoing healdebuff is useful. It stacked with incoming healdebuffs as well, if I remember right.
Yes, i've played so with my IB only. Is a tactic in Path of Brotherhood.

Punishing Knock - Inspiring Attack will also curse your target and outgoing heals will be reduced by 50% effectiveness for 20 seconds.

Very good tactic, I think. I'm curious when the tactics are implemented into the game. :D
„Wir Deutschen fürchten Gott, aber sonst nichts in der Welt ...“
„Und diese Gottesfurcht ist es schon, die uns den Frieden lieben und pflegen lässt.“

Bismarck

Ads
haldir45

Post#19 » Tue Dec 30, 2014 12:03 am

Hello guys,is there any addon for groups to help healers???i downloaded squared but it did work
Shaman:Snotruk 40/60, Runepriest: Floi 40/48

Azarael

Post#20 » Tue Dec 30, 2014 12:13 am

Some addons depend on certain aspects of the emulator being implemented.