Recent Topics

Ads

Starting up a new server.

Let's talk about... everything else
Bowldancer

Re: Starting up a new server.

Post#51 » Wed Jul 06, 2016 1:52 pm

Thank you for those posts Genisaurus and Yaliskah.

Please - before you burn out - shut it down for some time in order to release the massive pressure so you can focus on development again.

I wish i could help.
I start my education in computer science in august - hopefully i can be of help in a couple of years ;)

Wish you all the best and i thank you so much for resurrecting the game i loved and love.
Grimmsch Grimnirsson (2H Giantslayer, 40/85)
Spoiler:
40+: 2H-CHOPPA, AM, RP, WP, SM, IB, KotBS, WL, WH, BW, ENG, SW
Alts in T4: SHA, SH, BO, BG, CHO, MAR, WE

Ads
Jaycub

Post#52 » Wed Jul 06, 2016 2:17 pm

Tesq wrote:still pretty sad for US player, that ping must kill them, maybe it could be in future a way to track a faster network route for us player they can use to play on ror.
I play with 150, and we have tanks that have up to 250 from NZ/Aus, but it's really not so bad. It's not a twitch shooter or something like dota where you need perfect timing on abilities.
<Lords of the Locker Room> <Old School>

Battleshadow666

Post#53 » Wed Jul 06, 2016 2:25 pm

They RoR community is already small as is, why would anyone want to split that up any further is beyond me.....

poku
Banned

Post#54 » Wed Jul 06, 2016 2:37 pm

Battleshadow666 wrote:They RoR community is already small as is, why would anyone want to split that up any further is beyond me.....

Beacause we can't play the game? Beacause so far some of us haven't seen a single response that is informative regarding ddos from the people responsible for this project? Beacause no one so far have provided us with a solution regarding this problem? Game is unplayable at this state and people seek answers, when they don't get them they start making ideas

Personally I don't think starting up a new server is a good idea, I would rather just fix the current one, sad part is that there is really not a lot of information regarding the issue, and future doesn't look very bright

Battleshadow666

Post#55 » Wed Jul 06, 2016 2:42 pm

poku wrote:
Battleshadow666 wrote:They RoR community is already small as is, why would anyone want to split that up any further is beyond me.....

Beacause we can't play the game? Beacause so far some of us haven't seen a single response that is informative regarding ddos from the people responsible for this project? Beacause no one so far have provided us with a solution regarding this problem? Game is unplayable at this state and people seek answers, when they don't get them they start making ideas

Personally I don't think starting up a new server is a good idea, I would rather just fix the current one, sad part is that there is really not a lot of information regarding the issue, and future doesn't look very bright
You can play you say? Welcome to the club.

Most of us can't play half the time. This is a small Private Server being ran by a small team of people. Just got to live with it.
Last edited by Battleshadow666 on Wed Jul 06, 2016 2:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

WorldOfPain

Post#56 » Wed Jul 06, 2016 2:48 pm

I can't login server problem ? :)
Petrichor (/ˈpɛtrᵻkɔər/) is the earthy scent produced when rain falls on dry soil. The word is constructed from Greek, petra, meaning "stone", and ichor, the fluid that flows in the veins of the gods in Greek mythology.

Mithdraz

Post#57 » Wed Jul 06, 2016 2:49 pm

WorldOfPain wrote:I can't login server problem ? :)

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=15205

bwdaWAR

Post#58 » Wed Jul 06, 2016 2:54 pm

poku wrote:

And, uh... you think any other server would do better in such a situation? They'd do the same thing: say it's DDoS, they don't know who's responsible, and even if they did they can't do anything against it, and have no idea when it'll stop. That is all the information that can be given, on this or any other server. It's one of those things you'll just have to live with whether you like it or not.

Ads
WorldOfPain

Post#59 » Wed Jul 06, 2016 2:56 pm

Mithdraz wrote:
WorldOfPain wrote:I can't login server problem ? :)

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=15205
Alright thanks :)
Petrichor (/ˈpɛtrᵻkɔər/) is the earthy scent produced when rain falls on dry soil. The word is constructed from Greek, petra, meaning "stone", and ichor, the fluid that flows in the veins of the gods in Greek mythology.

Battleshadow666

Post#60 » Wed Jul 06, 2016 2:56 pm

The self entitlement from some people here is through the roof.