Recent Topics

Ads

Are the servers normally down every day?

Let's talk about... everything else
Fritemare

Are the servers normally down every day?

Post#1 » Wed Jul 06, 2016 1:08 pm

So, I just started playing on this server. I've noticed every single day the server goes down. Is this a normal thing, or is this a new issue? I'm just wondering before I continue to level and get invested in the game. Thanks.

Ads
Mithdraz

Re: Are the servers normally down every day?

Post#2 » Wed Jul 06, 2016 1:13 pm

Yes its been a storm of DDOS attacks sadly. No worries on that, its just a matter of who ever payed for this attack to get tired or run out of extra money to drop. Hang in there like all of us, we all invested quite some time. Its more of the community and hard working devs/etc. Keep the passion burning and just mow the lawn, study, vacuum etc :)

Karast

Post#3 » Wed Jul 06, 2016 1:14 pm

This is a recent issue, and it is not just RoR that's feeling it. It will get better soon more than likely as the DDOS'ers lose steam, or get shut down by bigger powers.

Fexxe

Post#4 » Wed Jul 06, 2016 1:15 pm

Mithdraz wrote:Yes its been a storm of DDOS attacks sadly. No worries on that, its just a matter of who ever payed for this attack to get tired or run out of extra money to drop. Hang in there like all of us, we all invested quite some time. Its more of the community and hard working devs/etc. Keep the passion burning and just mow the lawn, study, vacuum etc :)
Do people actually pay some kind of **** up service site to DDos another server?

Eathisword

Post#5 » Wed Jul 06, 2016 1:17 pm

New issue caused by angry people. Normally the server is quite stable, up and running all the time.

And yes, angry people do pay botnets owners for DDoS attacks. And it is dirt cheap. So, they will more likely get tired of it before they run out of cash...
Farfadet, RR72 shaman
Volgograd, RR80 IB
Video thread here.

Fritemare

Post#6 » Wed Jul 06, 2016 1:23 pm

Alright, thanks guys. I just wanted to make sure this wasn't a regular thing. I played Warhammer Online when it was live and was pretty thrilled to find this server.

Mithdraz

Post#7 » Wed Jul 06, 2016 1:24 pm

Fexxe wrote:
Mithdraz wrote:Yes its been a storm of DDOS attacks sadly. No worries on that, its just a matter of who ever payed for this attack to get tired or run out of extra money to drop. Hang in there like all of us, we all invested quite some time. Its more of the community and hard working devs/etc. Keep the passion burning and just mow the lawn, study, vacuum etc :)
Do people actually pay some kind of **** up service site to DDos another server?
Ha have you watched the news or humans? A lot of people just want to see the world burn.

http://www.digitalattackmap.com/understanding-ddos/
Some info: ^

Hibl

Post#8 » Wed Jul 06, 2016 1:25 pm

I dont understand why its not possible to get a statement, what happens. I also dont believe in that ddos thing. Since Guilds are broken again i guess its some software problem. Just my thaughts.

i know its free and the guys do this in sparetime but a statement whats the real reason could not be overcharged and would also stop that tons of "server down" Posts.

Ads
Yaliskah
Former Staff

Post#9 » Wed Jul 06, 2016 1:33 pm

as said here : viewtopic.php?f=8&t=15341&start=30
Yaliskah wrote:To make things clear.

1- Waremu / Ror is a quite young project. It means tons of things have to be done to stabilize it. I want to remind you where we were 1 year ago : T2 was appearing, no warband, no group in Scs, no guilds, no craft abilities, no siege weapons, no PQ.... In a year, many mecanics have appeared, chaoticly from my point of view, and probably too quickly. The dev/DB has been pushed by the pression ( the players enjoyment) to offer you a lot of new content and more possibilities. In a hand, thats great, in the other, we haven't taken the "several" time to optimize all the stuff. To make things right, we should freeze the project for weeks/months to clean up all of this. Would you agree that?

3 - DDOS attack. Obviously and as said in 1, this isn't the only problem, but it is the major one. NONE can do anything against that. We could buy a several protection ( 200$/month - 2400$ year ), website would be protected. Who care about website vs server? ( + we don't have 2400$ to spend sadly). @DDOSer(s) : What is your purpose? Punish Ror team? Well actrually you don't. You punish players. Our 1st concern is to create a good emulator. DDOS or not, we can work on it in some way put the game down gives us possibility to focus 100% on the project, we could thank you for that, but as said, you punish players and thats not fair. Wrong target i guess.. Steal sources? Obviously they aren't archived on the same place the gameserver, so it is pointless. Just be a famous asshole? Sadly you stay anonymous, you can't earn any glory for that.
Actually we are experiencing massive DDOS attacks + as said, we have some stability issues ( because of new content + DDOS consequencies ( DB crash may cause issues like data corruptions.).
Hibl wrote:i know its free and the guys do this in sparetime but a statement whats the real reason could not be overcharged and would also stop that tons of "server down" Posts.
When we are aware a connection issue starts, we announce it as fast as possible. All the stuff has a real work IRL, a family, things to do, and be assured we are trying our best to inform you in the best delay. You can't ask us to verify every seconds if all is fine or not ( and we can't guaranty it). For explanation, i think my post is.... clear... :).

lawfol

Post#10 » Wed Jul 06, 2016 1:36 pm

I dont understand why its not possible to get a statement, what happens. I also dont believe in that ddos thing. Since Guilds are broken again i guess its some software problem. Just my thaughts.
You know anyone telling the public in what way they are attacked in the internet and what was successful and what not? Because...people may that guide interesting,right?
And dont forget: you are not a customer,the server is a private thing...so he has not to tell anybody.
Worst thing the owner gets tired and simply shuts it down if everyday soembody poops on his doorsteps.