Recent Topics

Ads

Overarching balance changes

Let's talk about... everything else

Poll: Which game mechanic needs to be changed the most?

Guard
9%
Cleanse
23%
Buff/Debuff stacking
4%
Critical damage
12%
%Damage mitigation abilities (Detaunt/Challenge/ID/Bellow etc...)
4%
Softcaps
4%
Morales
5%
Group Heal
9%
Armor/Resistance stacking and penetration
10%
Crowd Control and immunities
21%
Total votes: 278

TenTonHammer

Re: Overarching balance changes

Post#61 » Thu Jul 07, 2016 1:32 am

salaino wrote:but you can target the type you want to take off

And how exactly would you go about making this happen? sounds like it would require new gui options and stuff?

futhermore i feels like it would be a lot easier and less clunky to throw out a gclense and remove a sorc rotation from your grp mate rather than look through the debuffs and pick and choose the one you want to remove

Ads
Roodabega

Post#62 » Thu Jul 07, 2016 1:40 am

I think those are all solid mechanics atm , but maybe specific skills? certain abilitys ignore resist

Dabbart

Post#63 » Thu Jul 07, 2016 1:43 am

I want to know. Who has the time to pick which Debuff they want to cleanse? If you are dealing with an amount that would be small enough to handle mid combat, and combat slow enough that you can focus on something else, then it is a moot point anyways since you should be more than capable of dealing with said debuff.

When you would actually want to target a specific ability mid harsh combat, you wont have the time. Much less the ability, imagine trying to click a specific debuff on the list of debuffs floating above someones head, or on target selector... Negative Ghost Rider. I have far more important things to focus on, what with the timers constantly changing up and down... The system we have now works well. First applied, first taken off.

I'd like to see CC and immunities taken another look at. There are far too many ways to entirely disable a persons character for a staggeringly(pun) long time, via multiple immunity timers. However, a LOT of builds/characters depend on these. I'd, personally, like to see all CCs that break upon damage taken+Very short punts put onto a 20s Immunity, those that break on Attack+Regular Punt's put on a 30s timer together, those that have no such restriction+Super Punt out onto a 3rd timer, 1min.

Edit: On 2nd thought... Probably all the punts tied together... Hehe... Didn't think that one through, but the intent is there...
Ofc, that's just me, and it doesn't have to be like that specifically. But I vote to look at CC and immunities.
Last edited by Dabbart on Thu Jul 07, 2016 1:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Azarael wrote: It's only a nerf if you're bad.

(see, I can shitpost too!)
Secrets wrote: Kindly adjust your attitude to actually help the community and do not impose your will on it. You aren't as powerful as you think.

Jaycub

Post#64 » Thu Jul 07, 2016 1:49 am

^if I could click on a debuff from the overhead icons from buffhead I would certainly be able to take full advantage of picking what debuff to cleanse.

All you would have to do as a healer is memorize the skill icons for some of the high priority debuffs in the game which isn't too hard.
<Lords of the Locker Room> <Old School>

Dabbart

Post#65 » Thu Jul 07, 2016 1:52 am

Seriously? Mid combat. You can click on a particular Debuff floating above the head of a teammate who is running around fighting. Keeping in mind that buffs/debuffs on Buffhead shift as they decay/expire or more are cast.

Your hand-eye quickness is far superior to mine then.

Edit: I have trouble manually targeting a player that is jumping around. Nevermind click a particular Debuff with any lvl of confidence w/o having them stand perfectly still and be melted...
Last edited by Dabbart on Thu Jul 07, 2016 1:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Secrets wrote: Kindly adjust your attitude to actually help the community and do not impose your will on it. You aren't as powerful as you think.

Vigfuss

Post#66 » Thu Jul 07, 2016 1:54 am

TenTonHammer wrote:
Vigfuss wrote:
I think you'd have to move away from the 3 debuff types and classify debuffs by cleanse type based on what they do, instead of by which class they are applied.
All that would do is just make the healers that can clense hdbuffs mandatory
Well, I'm not a game designer but something like this comes to mind.

Every healer has 3 versions of its cleanse, but they share a CD.

Cleanse type 1: Utility debuffs ie: Snare, Hdbuff, CD increaser, and any cleansable CC.
Cleanse type 2: Stat debuffs
Cleanse type 3: Dots

Maybe shared CD doesn't matter because if you're cleansing you're not healing, and I'm also not sure if AoE cleanse would be OP with this or not.
Fusscle of Critical Acclaim

Eathisword

Post#67 » Thu Jul 07, 2016 2:02 am

Dabbart wrote:Seriously? Mid combat. You can click on a particular Debuff floating above the head of a teammate who is running around fighting. Keeping in mind that buffs/debuffs on Buffhead shift as they decay/expire or more are cast.

You can simply edit buffhead to only show the debuffs you want. So you'd only have to chose between a handful of them. For example, my buffhead only shows guard and immunity. Tbh, with buffhead setup properly, it would be way too easy to cleanse exactly what you want.

@Vigfuss, the basic of it I like. But in the way you grouped the debuff, every healer would use cleanse 1 all the time, as heal debuff, CD increaser are maybe the 2 best things to cleanse in the game.
Farfadet, RR72 shaman
Volgograd, RR80 IB
Video thread here.

Dabbart

Post#68 » Thu Jul 07, 2016 2:04 am

Spoiler:
Eathisword wrote:
Dabbart wrote:Seriously? Mid combat. You can click on a particular Debuff floating above the head of a teammate who is running around fighting. Keeping in mind that buffs/debuffs on Buffhead shift as they decay/expire or more are cast.

You can simply edit buffhead to only show the debuffs you want. So you'd only have to chose between a handful of them. For example, my buffhead only shows guard and immunity. Tbh, with buffhead setup properly, it would be way too easy to cleanse exactly what you want.
And there is that ofc... I hadn't thought of that.

Ads
Jaycub

Post#69 » Thu Jul 07, 2016 2:05 am

Edit: I have trouble manually targeting a player that is jumping around. Nevermind click a particular Debuff with any lvl of confidence w/o having them stand perfectly still and be melted...
Ya clicking on players is hard, i always wish someone made a mod to make it easier. Guess I am just assuming clicking the icons wouldn't be that hard.

Well if there was a system that say placed a new "hotbar" that was essentially a stationary version of the buff head debuff indicators for your current defensive target then that would work well I'm sure.
<Lords of the Locker Room> <Old School>

bctakhy

Post#70 » Thu Jul 07, 2016 2:08 am

Eathisword wrote:Not in order of importance...

#1 Cleanse should be mirrored as to what it can cleanse between mirrored classes. WP cant cleanse any inc heal debuff, DoK should not cleanse any inc heal debuff. They are the tankiest and should rely on squishier AM/RP/Zeal/sham to cleanse those.

#2 Morale 1 and 2 should be mirrored on all archetypes. Special OP morale like Rock clutch, Wingz of Heaven, Khaine's Withdrawal, etc. should be M3 or M4. I have nothing against classes having racial/lore unique stuff, but being able to pop it every minute causes strong imbalances. BO/chosen morale pump, maybe change. Idk.

#3 Adding a different scaling to CC immunity. For example, a normal punt should give 30s. A super punt should give more. A **** punt, like BO and SM, should give less. Single target root that cannot break on damage (rock clutch, Mara/WL M1, Champion's challenge) should give longer immunity than AoE root that breaks on damage. Just as a 3s KD should give 30s and a 5s KD should give 50s. Atm, there is no scaling for movement based immunity. And from what i see, the immunity from Hard CC like KD and stun are all broken. WH/WE 5s stun give a 8s immunity, whereas IB 3s KD gives a 40s immunity. And so on and so forth.

#4 Detaunts should be equal for all archetypes. Tank = 20s challenge. Mdps = 5s AoE detaunt on a 20s CD. Healers/Rdps = single target detaunt 15s / 15s CD. Right now it is a clusterfuck as some classes get OP detaunts and other classes completely get shafted. All healer should get an ''oh ****'' button (50% damage reduction for 10s, ie. not a detaunt, but a buff) like Grimnir's Shield and the Zealot equivalent on a very long CD. If this is not possible, then make detaunt a blessing or an enchantement so it can be stripped.

IMO, guard should not be changed, except maybe its range or the damage done to the tank (could be mitigable). Any change in the amount of damage reduction guard provides would simply screw over everything else from 6v6 to scens to oRvR.

Sure... give WP Khaine´s Withdrawal but give DoK free AoE detaunt on off hand like WP gets on 2h and wounds buff :D
Also will be fun see chopas with untouchable and maras with spameable pounce...
AH! and dont forgot to give chosen 15% extra heal and 10% crit to all group ;)
And my fauvorite for last... parry buff for WEs :roll:
Want more?