Recent Topics

Ads

What draws you to play Warhammer over other games?

Let's talk about... everything else
Sejanus

What draws you to play Warhammer over other games?

Post#1 » Fri Jul 15, 2016 10:18 am

So I'm writing up a compendium of sorts, and I wanted to ask everyone: What is it that keeps you playing this game? Why do you play this instead of other games? If you could add something to the game, what would you add to make it better? Say as much or as little as you'd like, it'll all be helpful and hopefully everyone can answer. I'll translate this and add it to the other language forums tomorrow.

P.S. Especially Devs! What is it that makes you want to work on this game in particular? If you could alter or add something, what would you do?

This is all open ended, so feel free to use your imagination. :D

Ads
peterthepan3

Re: What draws you to play Warhammer over other games?

Post#2 » Fri Jul 15, 2016 10:47 am

Scantily clad witch elves.

uriell4ever

Post#3 » Fri Jul 15, 2016 11:09 am

I play WAR:
50% because of the the awesome character looks, the atmosphere, the pvp and the rvr
50% because I am addicted to the warhammer fantasy world which I follow and read in books about for over 18 years now and this is as close as you get to experience it (if you don't count vermintide which captures the dark and desperate atmosphere much better but kills the entire experience by making enemies look insignificant in a diablo 2 grind fashion) :roll:

potz

Post#4 » Fri Jul 15, 2016 11:13 am

I have liked the warhammer universe, or lore if you will, since the 90's, where I played it tabletop with friends. It is in many ways unique. What I liked and still like about it, is the sense of humour and the element of surprise. That is something you might not think about too often when playing this game, but it is there.

For example, who haven't cursed over the BW self explosion mechanic? Miscasting is something that can be extremely fun playing tabletop, where a miscast opens up a variety of possible outcomes. Not so much in this game and I totally understand why. But that is just something I always liked.

AoR was the first MMO I ever played and I have not found anything remotely like it since. Not even RoR tbh. I am not fond of the way BO are captured and how keeptakes work. In AoR I liked soloing quite alot. The thrill of the hunt in the lakes was 90% of the fun for me, and nothing was better than going in to a AAO zone, cap a BO and set up the ambush for whatever would come to recap. That stuff is not really possible here imo. The flow of the game in that regard is very different.

What I would add here if I could is a new system of factions, I believe at first AoR was meant to have a capitol city for each race. I guess that diplomacy would be how to get the other two races to help defend your capitol city or conquer your direct enemies capitol city. Fights would probably be spread out more, and a capitol city might actually mean something, especially if it had benefits to hold your city and or cap the one in the other end.

NectaneboII
Banned

Post#5 » Fri Jul 15, 2016 11:17 am

The strategy , the world , the models , the lore of all Warhammer worlds
I am more into Warhammer Fantasy ( Old World ) but i like the 40k universe aswell (Inquisition-Ecclesiarchy mostly). The only game i bought twice and renewed it constantly , from early live to the end .

The Warrior Priest has a very special place in my heart :)
Last edited by NectaneboII on Fri Jul 15, 2016 11:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

saupreusse
Developer

Post#6 » Fri Jul 15, 2016 11:18 am

Why WAR?
I can't play most Singleplayer Games, because They just don't give me the enjoyment which Multiplayer Games can offer. And when I am playing a Multiplayer Game, I only do it for one reason: to battle the enemy players (players only - If I want to kill some Mobs or Bosses, I can just go ahead and do this in one of the few SP Games that I like.)
It's not important for me If i win or loose - I just want to wreck as much as possible.
Moreover, the Medieval Fantasy Setting (Like Lotr) is by far the one I like the Most.
Warhammer offers all of these features: A lot of PvP, Fantasy Setting and really awesome Dwarfs and Greenskins (war really has the best).

Why Do I want to work on this game in particular?
The Game has had so much unused potential. And even as a AAA title, it still had a lot of flaws and bugs. It's just a desire to wipe out all these Bugs and Glitches, and make it better than the Live version. Also, there is so much unused content, that was turned off on the official servers (like the Dwarf/Greenskin Capitals and all the 6 Fortresses). If we can ever get this epic stuff working, that would already leave me a lot more satisfied.

If I could alter or add something - what would it be?
Well, ofcourse in addition on recreating the game, I wish to make The Endgame and Midgame (T4) RvR a lot more engaging. Making the Sieges more Fun is a big part of this.
Furthermore, I would like to see the Fortresses and unfinished Cities being Ingame content.
Right now, we have the possibility to tow siege on your horse - but I would really like to see some improvements on this system, which we can hopefully achieve once we have control over the client.
Then there are a some texture glitches that I would really like to be adressed in the future (like the wrong scaling on lava textures, or the poorly textured terrain around Butcher's Pass).
And at last, I would love to breathe some life into the NPCs. So the cities feel like a living place again, and less like a museum.

powerheads

Post#7 » Fri Jul 15, 2016 11:42 am

Im alone playing, im leader without any squad or party, any party i came splits beside me and old one. Nothing good in that i can see, so for a long time im not trying to find guild or premade party. im not making any by myself.
Im playing rogue-style, cause its only way to survive in that premade world.I owe nothing to anyone and do not want to force to do anything. I only do as I please myself. I do not recognize honesty, I do not want anyone to follow me, I want everything around has changed, and no one could adapt. This achieves the same conditions. For me and for others. And the best wins, wins versatility. Heresy allows reject rules. Heresy allows me to live as I want. i have hundreds of faces. My God doesnt force me to do anything, im just following my own will. My God can only give me the wishes.
You think its heresy? as for me, its only my will, if you steps in and trying to stop me, you will know the power of changes and you wont be ready for it, but i will.
Im Marauder, it fits me. Any other game dont gives me same versatility in my ways.

simtex
Suspended

Post#8 » Fri Jul 15, 2016 11:47 am

well i've been playing for 5 years already, why stop now
Beautybeast|Buffedbabe|Inikah|Simtex|Seifu
twitch

Ads
OgiWanBG

Post#9 » Fri Jul 15, 2016 12:25 pm

I was playing WAR since 2008. I like Warhammer universe.
There isn't any good game/MMO to catch my eye for now.
Optimuss - WL - rr57
Ogimir - SW - rr65

Begamil

Post#10 » Fri Jul 15, 2016 12:34 pm

I love the character uniqueness in this game more than any other mmo i have tried. Every class look and play differently from each other, this makes for so much replayability. I also like how you can just go inside a rvr lake and start pvping. The warhammer world itself is really neat looking too.

The things i would change/add with the game right now is to make scenarios pug vs pug and premade vs premade, maybe add 6 v 6 and 12 vs 12 ranked matches or something. Maybe also make it so me as a solo player can contribute in rvr in one way or another. Atleast make it so i want to go out there.
Idk how much achivments and stuff like that there really was on live and how many is working right now but i would love to have something to do in between pvping. Always fun to farm different unlocks of some kind.