Recent Topics

Ads

Solo class what to pick?

Let's talk about... everything else
Catweazle

Solo class what to pick?

Post#1 » Wed Jul 20, 2016 8:30 pm

Hi guys,

While the server is down I'm considering my options on what class i would really like to play I'm suffering a bit from paralysis by analysis so i thought I'd ask y'all for your input.

I'll primarily be playing solo although (I wont rule out guild play at some point) so that will mean lots of solo rvr and sc's for me.

I guess I'll need a class that is mobile so I can strike hard and fast, something relatively durable that can survive 1vX situations (either by winning or escaping) melee or rdps not too fussy, ohh and on the order side. Ideally I'd like a class that will test my skill I.E i want to be class that requires skill to get the most out of it and something engaging to play. would be a bonus if its not a class that is overplayed to death.

So what do you think viable classes would be for me and what tools do you think that class has that match my requirements? I'm looking at WL and WH atm.

Ads
magter3001

Re: Solo class what to pick?

Post#2 » Wed Jul 20, 2016 8:33 pm

WL is a good choice... really any High elf class is good. AMs and SW are prolly the best choice if you want to go solo. On Destro, Shaman and Squigy are best as solo. These 4 will test your skill when you go 1v2+ while 1v1 against most classes they will win.

WL can usually go toe to toe in 1v1 situations but against 1v2+, you'll most likely need a pot to overcome those odds. ;)
Agrot 35/40 Aggychopp 32/40
Grelin of Magnus/Badlands ;)

grimmASSa66

Post#3 » Wed Jul 20, 2016 8:43 pm

SW - cool rdd with range knock and pretty dps
DD WP - average dps with good heal
WH - like rogue in WoW, open->kill->run :D
DD AM - ofc top1 in solo pvp with many DOTs and slow abilities
i dont think that WL is good choose coz there are many DD Doks playing in destro side
Last edited by grimmASSa66 on Wed Jul 20, 2016 8:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
E A S Y

KikkL
Banned

Post#4 » Wed Jul 20, 2016 8:45 pm

you didnt say order/destro? I did solo dok with chalice and the snare buff wtactic. I think i beat a sw once never meelee'd. Solo rvr ends at t3 you cant do it in t4 unless you grind it out.

my emphasis is group play now and have no solo chars.
the game is based around other teammates being involved.
im not even sure if ppl solo anymore? I think there is a t3 pvp event sometimes.

good solo chars include mirror/realm. AM. Dok. WH. and pet classes.

Loans

Post#5 » Wed Jul 20, 2016 9:12 pm

No witch elf? :D

I think ranged dps like squig and sw are really good or shammy/am, not every classes has resolute defense, quick escape, odjira etc. so kite and kill is the way atm imho

peterthepan3

Post#6 » Wed Jul 20, 2016 9:18 pm

dps am is the best solo class, but is easy and not very challenging
want a challenge? try white lion

Zealote

Post#7 » Wed Jul 20, 2016 9:27 pm

@grimmASSa66 Not impossible for a Guardian-specced WL to beat a DoK (or at least it wasn't on AoR, can't say for sure how it is here atm in T4).

@KikkL OP said Order, and yep some ppl do still solo. It is harder not to get zerged down in T4 though.

@OP What background d'you have with WAR? Played before at all? Sounds like a cliché but you should play the ones you think sound interesting for a bit then judge from there*. Slayers are generally considered one of the weaker solo classes, but if that happens to be the class/playstyle etc you love, then it's prob worth it over just picking a stronger class.

AM, SW, WH, WL, IB, SM, KotBS, WP, Engi are all good for soloing. I.e., anything except RP/slayer/BW (latter 2 def can though tbh).

The only class that I'd actually say to avoid is Runepriest :P Some ppl did do solo dps on it on AoR, but it was mainly just messing around when they got bored lol. Feel free to try it though if you can't resist ;)

*In case ya don't know, you can look at each class' abilities/tacs/masteries at http://waronlinebuilder.org
Aetir

Catweazle

Post#8 » Wed Jul 20, 2016 9:33 pm

Hi Mate played SH on live almost exclusively played most other classes to round lvl 20 but nothing really clicked that much yeah I've seen the builder isn't that out of date atm thou?

I guess for a solo class I'd want Med > High dps to end fights quickly before adds can join or the zerg can find me which is why I kind ruled out tanks and stuck to DPS classes and because I played SH so much that made me lean more towards WL/WH its a great problem to have their being so many awesome classes that i want to pick them all but still frustrating :P

Ads
Jebbernaut

Post#9 » Wed Jul 20, 2016 9:50 pm

Similar question here:

There's a group of 6-7 of us that are going to be jumping on the server and so far we have:

2 Bright Wizards
1 KoTBS
1 Dorf (of the not healing variety)
A blank spot
and me.

The issue is obvious for our little group. Healing. I was wondering which healer would flow well in this type of group. I played an AM on live and didn't mind the mechanic for healing, but I know it'll be too slow to keep up with incoming damage. Any suggestions?

Tjarjin <Fatal> - Warrior Priest
Terrim <DPS Number Two> - White Lion

Zealote

Post#10 » Wed Jul 20, 2016 9:52 pm

Catweazle wrote:... yeah I've seen the builder isn't that out of date atm thou?
A few things have changed on RoR (SM/BO kd moved from 9 to 13 pts, SW's Shadow Sting moved to 9, Enchanted Arrows reduced to 50% ignore, ..., and a coupla inaccuracies from AoR as well) but it's mostly still accurate.
Catweazle wrote:... its a great problem to have their being so many awesome classes that i want to pick them all but still frustrating :P
Don't worry, one day Altitis will rightly be recognised as a legitimate medical problem ;)

Yeah I understand what you mean about nuking ppl down before the zerg arrives, but it is still possible to do well (and have fun!) on other classes/archetypes. E.g. have a look at Eathisw's 2h IB vids if ya haven't seen em: viewtopic.php?f=54&t=14214 The two best/most versatile against the widest possible range of des classes is prob AM/SW though (as long as you can kite :P ).
Aetir