Recent Topics

Ads

NA timezone population

Let's talk about... everything else
Ninepaces

NA timezone population

Post#1 » Mon Sep 05, 2016 12:36 am

How come the server dies when the EU ppl go to sleep? I thought the game was popular in NA back on live.

Ads
magter3001

Re: NA timezone population

Post#2 » Mon Sep 05, 2016 12:45 am

Obviously not popular enough. The downtime certainly didn't help the NA time zone ==.
Agrot 35/40 Aggychopp 32/40
Grelin of Magnus/Badlands ;)

Elven
Former Staff

Post#3 » Mon Sep 05, 2016 12:54 am

It is true that during EU prime time that the population is at its highest, and North American time is much lower. It's not the deciding factor in which we decide to take the server down, and even then, it's only for several minutes at a time.

With that said, the same could be said for many official MMO servers where downtime occurs during EU daytime and we can't log in and play. Food for thought.

Asherdoom

Post#4 » Mon Sep 05, 2016 12:55 am

we should launch a serier of poster in NA concerning this server! :D

Jaycub

Post#5 » Mon Sep 05, 2016 1:00 am

NA was ok before DDOS, After DDOS it basically turned into this...
<Lords of the Locker Room> <Old School>

Dabbart

Post#6 » Mon Sep 05, 2016 1:03 am

Well..

Previously, the main issue imo was the server hosting in EU, which gave NA players a massive disadvantage Ping wise. I don't notice any issue's anymore however. Very little lag for me generally.

The extended downtime hurt the population in general, I think it might of hurt NA because of the general newishness to quite a lot of the players there. We had just seen a large increase over the last 4 months.

One can hope, they will return. We've had good fights all week during NA times. Not large, but fights. Had some seriously wacky **** happen actually... Red rover red rover, send Zaxxondd on over...

TLDR: The playerbase will return/increase in time. The lower tiers have quite a few players on during NA time, which is a good sign. Just means that the "end game" wont be highly populated for a lil bit.
Azarael wrote: It's only a nerf if you're bad.

(see, I can shitpost too!)
Secrets wrote: Kindly adjust your attitude to actually help the community and do not impose your will on it. You aren't as powerful as you think.

Asherdoom

Post#7 » Mon Sep 05, 2016 1:03 am

well i believe is not due to ddos. I believe is DDOS + legion wow release. give it time and it will repop again!

peterthepan3

Post#8 » Mon Sep 05, 2016 2:08 am

Jaycub wrote:NA was ok before DDOS, After DDOS it basically turned into this...
hahahah

Ads
jbrutal

Post#9 » Mon Sep 05, 2016 2:08 am

t4 players seem to leaving because its too hard to take a keep why even try anymore we just end up wiping to keep lord and a few defenders

destro never attacks maybe on the weekend with EU helping i would say the pop for NA 7 pm pst is like 60-80 in t4

Gerv
Banned

Post#10 » Mon Sep 05, 2016 2:56 am

The population generally hovers around 80-100 in t4 during the NA time. Most PvP guilds have gone to other games like GW2 or are not interested due to ping levels.

RvR populations are low and I have personally noticed the following:

1. Many times RvR is order (Shadow/fatal and Train Wreck) attacking keeps to at least bring destro into the lakes.

2. It does not help that there are few, if any, guilds that fill full groups to que scenarios on destro side either to sceanrio pops are slow and this further discourages people to play. Black Libary are around in 3s and 4s. DROW are starting to get a more consistent group and the Phlanax/Time guys are mostly EU while Exo and Qrs Again are only just coming back. On order side there are more guilds, us, DoE, Train Wreck, Shadows, Fatal, Origin, Kings Order, and Tyranids who constantly que up.

3. Taking keeps now requires a lot of co-operation and while it does exist, a lot of people can be discouraged due minimal rewards, but alas this is a work in progress.
Sia - DoK - Lords
Boyd - WP - O.S.