Recent Topics

Ads

Why is the north America population so low?

Let's talk about... everything else
Beardypete

Why is the north America population so low?

Post#1 » Thu Oct 06, 2016 7:45 pm

I understand that it's an older game now, but originally it was created and most popular in the states. I recently found this game after missing it for years, but 7pm pacific standard time you get a scenario pop mate once a half hour, and the world pvp is dead. I'm only in tier 1 and told tier 2 and 3 will basically be an xp grind. I hardly get any lag even though the server is across seas.

What exactly is holding it back from gaining popularity over here? I would like to not feel like a ghost town. It's not like since it ended better mmo ''s have come out.

Ads
Gachimuchi

Re: Why is the north America population so low?

Post#2 » Thu Oct 06, 2016 7:48 pm

Beardypete wrote:I understand that it's an older game now, but originally it was created and most popular in the states.
literally wrong

was created in US yes but EU playerbase was larger
Zuuka - Okayzoomer - and many others
Khandikhaine/Ligmuh/Egf - Meatcircle - Ukruton - and many others
Old School / Lords of the Locker Room

spacegoat

Post#3 » Thu Oct 06, 2016 8:09 pm

I can't really address your question, but I can tell you to hang in there. Tier 2-3 are indeed pretty desolate at the time you mentioned (to the extent that you might want to grind past and get Ruin gear ASAP) but T4 is never completely dead. And though I wouldn't necessarily recommend rearranging your sleep schedule around RoR, in PST, things start picking up around 2:00 AM and stay active from that point onward.

YUKO

Post#4 » Thu Oct 06, 2016 9:07 pm

Gachimuchi wrote:
Beardypete wrote:I understand that it's an older game now, but originally it was created and most popular in the states.
literally wrong

Wrong again.

Europe, not EU. Russian Federation or United Kingdom is not a member of EU.

Games Workshop in general are far more popular in Europe other than NA.

As for this topic. Yes, there are some shortages of NA players, but I think it's a cultural reason to why.

Azarael

Post#5 » Thu Oct 06, 2016 9:18 pm

Are we playing the pedantry game?

EU is understood in context to refer to EUrope and the players of its timezones.
The United Kingdom is still a member of the European Union.

Zlove

Post#6 » Thu Oct 06, 2016 9:37 pm

NA had a pretty good pop going this spring but with summer and the long DDoS, we lost many. Maybe once fall/winter comes we will be back up in numbers.
Leader of Black Library
Zlove zealot
Zelove dok

UmmOK
Banned

Post#7 » Thu Oct 06, 2016 9:43 pm

IMO we lose a lot of players in T3. If they aren't in a guild willing to help them get over the hump in T3 to T4, players just lose interest and fade away.

I'd ask the DEV team to run some numbers on the number of inactive (over 45 days) T3 accounts, but they are busy.

With the elimination of Destru's Arena and Gor farming, Power leveling a T3 player into T4 now consists of ORvR WBs, solo questing, and eventually XPing running ruin farm groups.

It's a slow process. I'm not advocating any changes by the DEV team, but I think the one change we can make as players is to try and actively help out players lingering in T3. The problem is, it seems most NA players are "solo"-minded and aren't actively looking for a guild/group. I think this stems from both the popular gaming culture of today as well as the ease with which soloing PVE content is in this game. They can take on 3-4 mobs at once in PvE and think RvR is the same. They get their card pulled the first few times they join at R32/RR25 and after that, it's not fun to play anymore.

With the higher EU populations, and their apparent understanding of the 'group is good" mentality, they are able to graduate more players int T$ with a better support system to rank them up in renown.

Not all speculation as I have had one friend (who played live) get to T3 and quit because of the, to quote him "Korean Style Grind" to T4 thorough PvE. He tried to SC early in T4, but was insta-gibbed and flipped the table and quit.
Ban evasion account of Luuca

Beardypete

Post#8 » Thu Oct 06, 2016 10:11 pm

I had 8 characters rank 40 when the game first came out. All of them quested from level 12 to 35 or so without pvp. It's hardly Korean style grinds. And the quests in this game are fun. The problem I am finding is a lot of them are broken, or don't show you where to turn them in.

But what can be done to bolster the north America player base? We may not have been as populated as Europe, but we were not that far behind. I expected ALOT more players than I am encountering.

Ads
albionrare

Post#9 » Thu Oct 06, 2016 11:20 pm

YUKO wrote:
Gachimuchi wrote:
literally wrong

Wrong again.

Europe, not EU. Russian Federation or United Kingdom is not a member of EU.

Games Workshop in general are far more popular in Europe other than NA.

As for this topic. Yes, there are some shortages of NA players, but I think it's a cultural reason to why.
Has nothing to do with the european union, its europe. Norway is part of europe even tho we arent in the european union.

Geezer

Post#10 » Thu Oct 06, 2016 11:34 pm

YUKO wrote:...

What cultural reason?
We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.
George Bernard Shaw