Recent Topics

Ads

The Magus/engi buff

Let's talk about... everything else
bongzilla666

The Magus/engi buff

Post#1 » Sun Oct 09, 2016 12:31 pm

To be honest I think the Engi/magus buff was a bit overkill (playing Magus normally but thinking to stop that now since it is too OP) it was great with the dmg buff. But to be honest the range buff is way too overkill.
Kadavar - Magus rr60+Ufomammut - RP rr75 Yourself - SH 82

Themself - zealot rr81

Themselves - BG rr LOW

Ads
peterthepan3

Re: The Magus/engi buff

Post#2 » Sun Oct 09, 2016 1:02 pm

Magus is not OP. It's somewhat viable in SOME situations. Engi seems to be attracting the most hate so perhaps deal with the classes individually in regards to the buffs as I am yet to see anyone complain about Magus being OP (on either side) with any real justification.

As fct mentioned: people with low armor for engi to capitalise on, engi having a pet that actually hits like a truck, Benefiting from weapon dps and m2 are all things absent with the magus.

ToXoS

Post#3 » Sun Oct 09, 2016 1:52 pm

bongzilla666 wrote:To be honest I think the Engi/magus buff was a bit overkill (playing Magus normally but thinking to stop that now since it is too OP) it was great with the dmg buff. But to be honest the range buff is way too overkill.
You clearly don't know what you're talking about.
The only whining I heard was about engies, and I'm sure this M2 Unshackable focus nerf will solve the problem.
Magus and engie are stationary Rdps, meaning they need to stay still in order to do decent damage.
So yeah, don't stop to play your magus, because now it is the way it was meant to be.

If you remove the range buff (which needs 16 seconds for an engie/magus to stay still, I want you all to remember that), these classes will once again just be meat for SW/SH and BW/Sorc.

I'm sure that everybody whining about engie and magus buffs experimented it on a keep defence, which ofc is the kind of place where the classes can shine. Same about BOs defence.

When you get killed by a SH/SW in the open, do you whine and say it's OP?
Some classes shines at some specific places, that's normal.
Last edited by ToXoS on Sun Oct 09, 2016 2:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

roadkillrobin

Post#4 » Sun Oct 09, 2016 2:06 pm

Personally i think Magus/Engies died the day Mythic blanked nerfed AoE's in this game.
If you look at the mastery paths it's pretty clearly they were meant to do this:

Havoc/Rifdfleman: 1-3 Target AoE long ranged dps
Grenadier/Change: 1-12 Targets AoE mid ranged dps
Tinkerer/Demon: 12+ Targets AoE melee range dps.

The moment the 9 target cap was introduced and all AoE abillties and tactics nerfed in dmg the classes died and have never really recovered. Since that was what they were designed to do as a dps class. Using the current set of abillties and tactics to get em to recover without making em either overpowered or underpowered is gonna be really really hard imo.

Azarael

Post#5 » Sun Oct 09, 2016 2:08 pm

ToXoS wrote:I'm sure that everybody whining about engie and magus buffs experimented it on a keep defence, which ofc is the kind of place where the classes can shine. Same about BOs defence.
Just had a PM complaining about the range. Guess where the Magus was standing.

ToXoS

Post#6 » Sun Oct 09, 2016 2:17 pm

Azarael wrote:
ToXoS wrote:I'm sure that everybody whining about engie and magus buffs experimented it on a keep defence, which ofc is the kind of place where the classes can shine. Same about BOs defence.
Just had a PM complaining about the range. Guess where the Magus was standing.
On a keep wall?
/facepalm

Azarael

Post#7 » Sun Oct 09, 2016 2:24 pm

You know it!

peterthepan3

Post#8 » Sun Oct 09, 2016 3:19 pm

roadkillrobin wrote:Personally i think Magus/Engies died the day Mythic blanked nerfed AoE's in this game.
If you look at the mastery paths it's pretty clearly they were meant to do this:

Havoc/Rifdfleman: 1-3 Target AoE long ranged dps
Grenadier/Change: 1-12 Targets AoE mid ranged dps
Tinkerer/Demon: 12+ Targets AoE melee range dps.

The moment the 9 target cap was introduced and all AoE abillties and tactics nerfed in dmg the classes died and have never really recovered. Since that was what they were designed to do as a dps class. Using the current set of abillties and tactics to get em to recover without making em either overpowered or underpowered is gonna be really really hard imo.
Thing is the class isn't bad at aoe burst in rift spec, and it doesn't need more aoe (just stronger/more cleanse-proof aoe dots).

Havoc is the single target spec. Having one ability (firestorm) as an aoe is just indicative of bad design from Mythic's behalf (personally I always found ifoc/firestorm should be in the opposite trees of one another - changing being able to apply dots, mist, and firestorm to apply midrange aoe pressure)

Ads
ToXoS

Post#9 » Sun Oct 09, 2016 3:26 pm

^ very true.

jorgemarco

Post#10 » Sun Oct 09, 2016 6:35 pm

Saying Magus/engi are not OP is offensive. I like experiments with classes trying improve the game, im agree with that. Now we know the buff is excesive. Classes like my SW lost any sense to be played since Magus has that extremely long range.