Recent Topics

Ads

Need your honest opinion about this game

Let's talk about... everything else
Eathisword

Re: Need your honest opinion about this game

Post#21 » Fri Nov 11, 2016 8:47 pm

ColdRain wrote:So I decided to give this a chance, but Im currently undecided between two classes to play, and I would love some advices here.
Im incline to play dsp ranged classes, and according to my playstyle, I think I would be suited to play either a Shadow Warrior or an Engineer.
I like characters that are mobile and fast, and stay back dealing damage. So what are your recomendations for my case?
SW is like a WoW Hunter without pet.

Engineer is more like a demo/afflic Warlock.

Since you are new, imo, engineer is much much more noob friendly. Much more tanky, more raw damage, much easier to level up than the SW. A good mixture of both would be the dps AM. They look gay but they can hold their own very well.
Farfadet, RR72 shaman
Volgograd, RR80 IB
Video thread here.

Ads
ColdRain

Post#22 » Wed May 29, 2019 10:57 pm

So, its 2 years later, I still havent tried RoR, but I appreciate all the answers here.
I still wanna try a mobile character, but I mostly do things on my own, so SW is not too viable for people that play alone?

bichka

Post#23 » Wed May 29, 2019 11:22 pm

all other mmos is about pve all other is unpopulated or abadoned.
exceptions is super rare like battlegrounds in GW2

any character can be played alone, but game is not designed for it and most of time you will be farmed by 3-6man groups.

Onemantankwall

Post#24 » Wed May 29, 2019 11:35 pm

ColdRain wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 10:57 pm So, its 2 years later, I still havent tried RoR, but I appreciate all the answers here.
I still wanna try a mobile character, but I mostly do things on my own, so SW is not too viable for people that play alone?
Make a sw realize its only good for small scale melee surf the zerg (massively overpopulated order) bang on empty doors get bored quit of boredom and find new game OOORR join destro and roll a shaman master of mobility god at soloing and always have someone to fight, plus fighting the never ending hoarde you get lvling bonuses
Lots of alts, more alts for the alt gods!

adapter
Suspended

Post#25 » Thu May 30, 2019 12:03 am

Warhammer has something unique that anyother MMO lacks, that is the variety of pvp encounters, you can do everything at the same time, for example, solo roam, duo roam, roam group, warband fights, keep fights, while queuein for scenarios, you can participate in all of this in the timelapse of an hour, or just stick to one of those, whatever you feel like doing.

Also the variety of zones to play in, every map has unique features that allows you to craft strategies to win fights, the environment is rich and available for you to use as an advantage.
I have to tell you that theorycrafting spec on your career is another aspect of Warhammer that shines, with the 4 tactic slots it gives you the chance to play your character as you wish to play it in an unique way.
Kabuchop / Kabusquig / Kabuterimon / Tentomon

Urdeg

Post#26 » Thu May 30, 2019 1:24 pm

Its a videogame. Its free. You could have wasted a lot less time just giving it a dlownload and finding out for yourself if you want to play it. These aren't jobs, you're not chained to five games at once, if you want to play one then play it.

I don't get how people make this so complicated for themselves.
Urdeg OathKlad - IronBreaker 40/48 'I need nothing but the endless list of grudges unsettled.'

TiberiusD

Post#27 » Fri May 31, 2019 4:19 am

I played a lot of MMOs in my gaming career and this is the best because of 3 things.

Lore - Warhammer lore is by far the biggest, widest, interesting and fascinating for all
Community - friendly guys and friendly guilds. If you have a question/problem you can easily find answers. The twitch streamers are nice guys, the people in game are awesome and staff is doing a nice job
Content - this game has everything. Form endless PvP fights to PvE (Tome of knowledge is unique - i never saw a system like that in any MMO. It's like reading a book).

You can do whatever you want. And also this game is 100% free

ColdRain

Post#28 » Fri May 31, 2019 4:46 pm

Urdeg wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 1:24 pm Its a videogame. Its free. You could have wasted a lot less time just giving it a dlownload and finding out for yourself if you want to play it. These aren't jobs, you're not chained to five games at once, if you want to play one then play it.

I don't get how people make this so complicated for themselves.
Yeah that was 2 years ago, im not playing either one of those game atm, so I really wanna give this game a chance.
why not downloading it and try it? because I dont want to get the wrong first impression and play 2 hours then delete it.

So, SW is out of the question for a newbie, uh?

Ads
vianiznice

Post#29 » Fri May 31, 2019 4:51 pm

There's a reason why this was brought back to life, it's one if not the greatest PvP experiences we've ever seen in an MMO.
I mean, an actual use of the holy trinity in a PvP enviroment!

abodam

Post#30 » Fri May 31, 2019 5:00 pm

Its OK.
Magus / BG