Recent Topics

Ads

In the future, will we still be allowed to have one destro one order?

Let's talk about... everything else
Ravai

Re: In the future, will we still be allowed to have one destro one order?

Post#21 » Thu Nov 10, 2016 10:32 pm

I'm no coder, but instead of lockouts, is it not possible to add say, a "traitor" debuff (call it what you want) and this buff lasts say one hour and only occurs if you switch realms within a 30 minute period (nets those most likely using xrealm to profit) or something, it lasts one hour and your unable to get get xp/renown/influence and roll on keep bags during this period.

- Population is still left to balance itself if one side were to become overpopulated and your not forced to zerg all day with nothing to fight if thats not your thing.
- Cant relog to farm them at keep with aao if you see them forming a wb, you get nothing yet can still play if you wish
- Cant relog to hop on the leechtrain instantly, you get nothing yet can still play if you wish

Logging into a realm to find you have a 65%+ population advantage, to then have no option but to play that realm, or potentially have to create another account just to have something to fight may cause some frustration to some down the line. Could potentially put them off playing and find something else to do which I dont think is in anyones best interests, in short not a fan of giving people an excuse not to log on and play the game.

Mr a "wanna play today?"
mr b "sure we're forming on destro right now"
mr a "ah nevermind, I'm still locked on order for 12 hours and they are just zerging zones right now ;/"
mr b "rip"
mr c "anyone need a healer"
mr a "sure we can do scs"
mr c "loggin my dok"
mr a "but I'm on order"
mr c" rip 48 hours"

As others have mentioned and I like jaycubs idea with it being tied to the campaign, a lot of us like to play both realms not to crossrealm on a whim but purely because we want to play specific classes there.
It is a problem though, being able to switch at leisure has to go, curious what other options you guys had.
Gitrate - Rysto - Nuclearpotato - Tato - Billsmith - Avgor - Svarz - Svz - Dug - Mrglass - Ravz - Ripgor

Ads
Jaycub

Post#22 » Thu Nov 10, 2016 10:44 pm

Fixing cheese like city trading can be done through how the instance handles rewards.

Ideally you would want say a resurrected King own group fighting say phalanx in a city instance. But my experience from live was more like our alliance WB looking for an instance full of noobs or an empty one for easy loot. Increasing the rewards for both attackers and defenders tied to some kind of metric based on a "good fight" could work maybe.

And obviously punishing people for being in empty instances or instances where the kill count is like 500-2.

But I can also see people getting screwed because in reality all they could get into was bad instances so idk.
<Lords of the Locker Room> <Old School>

Dean478

Post#23 » Thu Nov 10, 2016 10:48 pm

I'm all for commitment to one side, however there needs to be something to let us try out the other side for the sake of exploring all of the game's content.

Luth

Post#24 » Fri Nov 11, 2016 5:53 am

spacegoat wrote:My main concern with efforts to police xrealming (and related but more obviously illegal offenses like botting) is that strict measures will harm people who play at home with housemates and/or family members. For example, my girlfriend also plays, and we share an apartment together. Thus, two accounts are logged in from the same IP address. This could easily be construed as "multiple accounts", though any cursory observation of our in-game activity would reveal that it's two people playing the game "as intended", on the same faction (destro).

Please keep cases like mine in mind as you folks work towards a solution. Both of us love this game, and we particularly enjoy playing it together. It would be a rather sad thing if only one of us could continue playing.
It was already stated in the past that a faction lock timer that simply checks IP addresses would be useless, as most users have dynamic IP addresses.
And even if it would be (in theory), you could still play together (i guess you play together on one faction).

Londo

Post#25 » Fri Nov 11, 2016 6:27 am

Both Aza and I are strong believers in complete faction lock with no timers. Switching to other side would only be allowed if characters are deleted (Same as live first 2.5 years). Things are in motion to make this happen sometime in the future.

I know this will not be popular decision. Before we can add more depth to orvr campaign (forts and cities) we have to restore realm pride and make it a true rvr game. Realm progression should be just as important as character progression.

Jaycub

Post#26 » Fri Nov 11, 2016 6:33 am

Londo wrote:Both Aza and I are strong believers in complete faction lock with no timers. Switching to other side would only be allowed if characters are deleted (Same as live first 2.5 years). Things are in motion to make this happen sometime in the future.

I know this will not be popular decision. Before we can add more depth to orvr campaign (forts and cities) we have to restore realm pride and make it a true rvr game. Realm progression should be just as important as character progression.
I don't mind if you can find to wave to curb a majority of players abusing multiple accounts, would feel kinda shafted otherwise. If this is really going to happen I think taking a stance on it and announcing it asap would be helpful in mitigating some frustration. As well as something like a double RR event or something the week after it implemented, or really just anything to relieve the inevitable tears to come.
<Lords of the Locker Room> <Old School>

Londo

Post#27 » Fri Nov 11, 2016 6:40 am

Abuse of multiple accounts to xrealm would carry severe penalties. Those players caught xrealming would risk a perma ban on all accounts once faction lock is implemented.

There would be many details to work before faction lock is implemented. We are aware there are family members that play opposite factions on same internet connection, or regions in Russia using proxy servers.

bwdaWAR

Post#28 » Fri Nov 11, 2016 6:51 am

I sometimes have the feeling some people forget this is a computer game...

Ads
BrockRiefenstahl

Post#29 » Fri Nov 11, 2016 9:12 am

wargrimnir wrote:I am very much not a fan of multiple accounts. However the mountain of effort required to police this area is what makes it gray. If you want to be legit, use one account. In the future it will very likely be enforced in some manner.
Hello Wargrimnir,

at the moment i Got only 1 account, but I am running out of Slots (Farmchars etc). Is it possible, to raise the number of character cap per account :?:

Please dont do whole lockouts for Factions, because it would kill the possibility for example: Log on all your Characters for checking Auction house.

I would prefer something like a RvR Lake lockout, before a complete Lockout (This would kill everything not just affecting to X-Realm) Imagine if you are tired of a PuG standing there 1 hour and no side moves or expands at the keep, pretty boring shitfest. You think well I am going to farm some Talismans on Order (or make Pots on Destru or whatever) Please keep such side effects in mind.
Both Aza and I are strong believers in complete faction lock with no timers. Switching to other side would only be allowed if characters are deleted (Same as live first 2.5 years). Things are in motion to make this happen sometime in the future.
If this will be anounced, be sure to lose a HUGE part of the community. And I am by far no X-Realmer but I want to play the Career I want and not the "Faction". This would be overkill. Remember my words.

Calendra

Post#30 » Fri Nov 11, 2016 10:48 am

There is no way to stop xrealming by forcing people with a longer lockout timer. Having multiple accounts its a common thing in every mmo, and there is nothing can do about it unless harm the honest people.

I have chars on both sides because i have friends and people i like to play with on both sides. Forcing me to choose only one side will only make me stop playing at all, or make a second account at some point. Having a lockout timer of a 1-2 hours or so can be fine, because i log one side to play with friends and usually takes more than one hour to do anything (except checking mails maybe)

Making account locked for one side only will only loose players like me who can't decide which side to choose. Some will make a second account, so they can still play on both sides, and that means xrealming with no lockout. Having a lockout for more than few hours (i'd say 2 hours its already too much) will also make people create second account. And its impossible to say if someone play on both sides at once or if they are roommates/family. Banning "multiboxing" based on IP will only hit more honest people than actually real multiboxers.

So, adding a lockout can help a bit xrealming problem if its not more than 2 hours, and can harm server badly if its longer. Can easily end with more % of xrealmers because multiple accounts, or loosing playerbase because "multiboxing" bans.