Recent Topics

Ads

Debolster Info - Tier1,Tier2/3,Tier4,

Let's talk about... everything else
Dresden
Banned

Re: Debolster Info - 03/12/16 Change

Post#61 » Sat Mar 18, 2017 8:33 pm

Dresden wrote:#1 - Realm versus Realm section updated-complete.

#1 - Scenarios section updated-complete.

#1 - Public Quests section updated-complete.

#2 - Other Stuff section updated-complete.

All info in post1 & post2 of this topic is valid as of 7:30 pm on Sat 18.Mar.17.

I would like to thank StormX2, adei & wargrimnir for allowing me to complete my work on this topic.

Done. Finally. Thank God. #FaithAndPatience
Last edited by Dresden on Sat Mar 18, 2017 8:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
. -= Cult Of Chaos =- GUILD -= Cult Leader =- . -= Kagaz Wrathson - The Decioblidevannihilator - Black Orc =- .
. -= Dresden RoR Info - 4 pins and counting! =- . #WAAAGH ^_^ #AllSilenceIsGolden @_Q

Ads
Dresden
Banned

Post#62 » Sat Mar 18, 2017 8:34 pm

BrownStar wrote:Will you still receive RP? For instance, if you have a a high xp alt with 8 rr, can you use this as a way to build renown in lower tiers without getting murdered in T4. I started an alt for scavenging and used him exclusively in pve for that purpose. Wanted to try to catch up with some renown.
Hmm... anyone got a clear concise technically-accurate answer for this?

:lol:
. -= Cult Of Chaos =- GUILD -= Cult Leader =- . -= Kagaz Wrathson - The Decioblidevannihilator - Black Orc =- .
. -= Dresden RoR Info - 4 pins and counting! =- . #WAAAGH ^_^ #AllSilenceIsGolden @_Q

Dresden
Banned

Re: Debolster Info - Tier1/MidTier/Tier4/

Post#63 » Sun Apr 09, 2017 7:39 am

Title changed from 'Debolster Info - 03/12/16 Change' to 'Debolster Info - Tier1,Tier2/3,Tier4,'

Wdova

Re: Debolster Info - Tier1,Tier2/3,Tier4,

Post#64 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:50 am

There are several issues with current debolstering.
A) in t3, you can wear full T3 sets only for 2 levels(29-30) past that, you have to drop 2 piece sets to stay in t3 and replace them with something else.

B) If you debolster, You are limited to lvl 28 gear max, 13 mastery points spent and no more than 28 renown points spent. All of that means You cant join scenarios, because past lvl 30 You are automaticaly thrown to t4 bracket scenarios. With that kind of gear, renowns and mastery points You are nearly to useless in T4 SCs. That means Your level/rr progress will be significaly slower and if there is little to no action in RvR, you are tend to farm PvE at least for some exps.

I suggest increase max lvl on gear to 29 to be able to wear full T3 set in T3.

Will be great if debolstered character could join T3 scenario bracket rather than T4 one.
Pigbutcher - Choppa RR80+
Cyplenkov - Marauder RR80+
Vdova - Witch elf RR80+

Hajzl - Swordmaster RR80+
Roznetka - Engineer RR70+

Dresden
Banned

Post#65 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:42 pm

Wdova wrote:There are several issues with current debolstering.
A) in t3, you can wear full T3 sets only for 2 levels(29-30) past that, you have to drop 2 piece sets to stay in t3 and replace them with something else.

B) If you debolster, You are limited to lvl 28 gear max, 13 mastery points spent and no more than 28 renown points spent. All of that means You cant join scenarios, because past lvl 30 You are automaticaly thrown to t4 bracket scenarios. With that kind of gear, renowns and mastery points You are nearly to useless in T4 SCs. That means Your level/rr progress will be significaly slower and if there is little to no action in RvR, you are tend to farm PvE at least for some exps.

I suggest increase max lvl on gear to 29 to be able to wear full T3 set in T3.

Will be great if debolstered character could join T3 scenario bracket rather than T4 one.
Disclaimer: I am not a member of staff, i have no authority to speak for them, i am not patronising you.

Wdova, everything is as it should be.

Addressing 'A)' - being able to wear full T3 sets up to level 30 and not at level 31 onwards is normal, level 31 onwards is T4, being able to farm tokens for Ruin gear in T4 PQ's at rank 28 is (it seems) the modicum of leeway deemed necessary by the staff for preparing for a switch to T4 gear.

Addressing 'B)' - Yes. Exactly. #Alpha #ResistanceIsFutile

I have no idea if this situation will change or not, i think it's this way to prevent fully geared-up chars from dominating in Scenarios.
Dresden wrote:Scenarios:

Tier 2 and Tier 3 now function as one tier for the purposes of playing Scenarios:

Scs (PvP) - Tier 1: ranks 01-15 | Tier 2/3: ranks 16-30 | Tier 4: ranks 31-40 | - (Scenarios)

You cannot debolster to play in lower Scenario tiers.

If your char is rank 31 or above and you are debolstered to play in T1 RvR or T2/3 RvR then to be in a suitable
state for playing T4 Scenarios you will have to respec (spend gold on) your build and change your wearable gear.
Addressing this:
Wdova wrote:I suggest increase max lvl on gear to 29 to be able to wear full T3 set in T3.

Your suggestion would require a monstrously complicated rewriting of gear stats, i don't think that's gonna happen. :lol:

Debolstered MidT chars are SUPPOSED to be a little nerfed so that they are not TOO powerful and able to dominate easily.

You cannot debolster to play in lower Scenario tiers, i highly doubt the staff will change that.

Also:
Dresden wrote:Other Stuff:

Patch Notes 10/4/2017 - XP reduction item (Instructor's Boon) added to the basic mount vendor you can find in T2 warcamps.
You'll be able to stay in lower Scenario tiers for longer and your renown will zoom ahead!!!

Didz i halp? :s

Dresden
Banned

Post#66 » Mon Jul 10, 2017 12:37 am

Last edited by Dresden on Thu Jul 27, 2017 12:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dresden
Banned

Post#67 » Wed Jul 12, 2017 4:55 pm

Dresden wrote:
BrownStar wrote:Will you still receive RP? For instance, if you have a a high xp alt with 8 rr, can you use this as a way to build renown in lower tiers without getting murdered in T4. I started an alt for scavenging and used him exclusively in pve for that purpose. Wanted to try to catch up with some renown.
Hmm... anyone got a clear concise technically-accurate answer for this?

:lol:
Re: What Prevents players from debolstering?
NoRKaLKiLLa wrote:I guess it was a ninja update... but there are now +25% renown potions that last 72 hours available from the palace vendors for a number of the t3 seals. If used in conjunction with the upcoming double renown event... ...ready to debolster to t3 with me yet?
Question answered.

Wdova

Post#68 » Sun Aug 06, 2017 12:31 pm

I would rather see tier 1+2 - lvl1-20, tier 3 lvl 21-35, tier 4 lvl 36-40. Current t2+t3 cap at lvl 30(28for debolstered) does not allow to any reasonable spec in mastery and renown points.
Pigbutcher - Choppa RR80+
Cyplenkov - Marauder RR80+
Vdova - Witch elf RR80+

Hajzl - Swordmaster RR80+
Roznetka - Engineer RR70+

Ads
Dresden
Banned

Post#69 » Sun Aug 06, 2017 5:16 pm

Wdova wrote:I would rather see tier 1+2 - lvl1-20, tier 3 lvl 21-35, tier 4 lvl 36-40. Current t2+t3 cap at lvl 30(28for debolstered) does not allow to any reasonable spec in mastery and renown points.
It's not meant to, the RoR staff don't want you outclassing top rank MidT chars.

Try searching through EVERY kind of gear you can get, there is some powerful gear out there besides the gold sets.

Also #Alpha

p.s. Don't forget it's the 'minimum rank' of an item and not the 'item level' of a item that counts, a lot of people forget that and then don't use gear they could have used.

Kazekiri

Post#70 » Thu Aug 31, 2017 6:57 pm

Wdova wrote:I would rather see tier 1+2 - lvl1-20, tier 3 lvl 21-35, tier 4 lvl 36-40. Current t2+t3 cap at lvl 30(28for debolstered) does not allow to any reasonable spec in mastery and renown points.
I totally agree with that, the current system doesnt allow lvl 40 char to play competitive with lower lvl ennemies, I do agree with stats balance to make it fair, but the mastery points are key and it's nowhere near balanced to reduce the 40's at 13 mastery (u can't even grab the 14th ability... come on) when other lowbie can reach out to 14-15-16 points.

If you take an example, as a 40 BO, you don't have access to 3 hit combo (because you have only 13 points). A regular SM who isn't 40 can have access to hit and the 2 tactics going with it, the result is pretty obvious here.

I am not talking about stats and gear, I totally agree on that point to make it balanced, but there is no way things will be balanced with such gap between mastery points, we need to have at least 15 mastery to make something viable and make a richer gameplay. Just play with the current system as a 40's and you will see how bad you need mastery points and how unbalanced this is.