Recent Topics

Ads

Should the experience boost be returned to the game?

Let's talk about... everything else

Poll: Should the experience boost be returned to the game?

Yes, revert back to 3x ASAP.
59%
Yes, but consider something slightly less than 3x.
12%
No, keep it the way it is..
25%
I don't care either way..
4%
Total votes: 211

Vdova

Re: Should the experience boost be returned to the game?

Post#51 » Wed Jan 04, 2017 10:19 am

I am strongly against buffing xp for those tiers. Issue is low population of those tiers. Doubling or tripling xp gain will make them completely deserted and empty. I would rather suggest doubling/tripling renown/inf gain which bring fresh wind to that tiers and even T4 players will debolster to make some fun here,get some renowns and finish theyr inf if they are lvl40 with t2 green gear thx to xp rush to t4.

People realize too late,that entering t4 with lvl 40/rr10-15 in t2/t3 green gear is just giving enemy free kills without chance of compete. And yes I would remove ruin gear which inspire ppl to that kind of behaviour(skip t3 - rush to t4).
Last edited by Vdova on Wed Jan 04, 2017 1:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vdova - Witch elf princess of suffer and despair

Ads
Stmichael1989

Post#52 » Wed Jan 04, 2017 11:21 am

Vdova wrote:I am strongly against buffing xp for those tiers. Issue is low population of those tiers. Doubling or tripling xp gain will make them completely deserted and empty. I would rather suggest doubling/tripling xp/inf gain which bring fresh wind to that tiers and even T4 players will debolster to make some fun here,get some renowns and finish theyr inf if they are lvl40 with t2 green gear thx to xp rush to t4.

People realize too late,that entering t4 with lvl 40/rr10-15 in t2/t3 green gear is just giving enemy free kills without chance of compete. And yes I would remove ruin gear which inspire ppl to that kind of behaviour(skip t3 - rush to t4).
It's a vicious cycle. T2/T3 are dead, and people know they're dead. Ergo the only thing to do on a middle tier character is to grind really boring PvE while you wait and hope a scenario pops or enough people log on for an RvR skirmish.

With high XP multipliers though, people no longer feel punished for wanting to level an alt. With a less monotonous grind, more people play low level characters, which in turn helps the mid tier population. They level out into tier 4 faster, but more show up to begin with.
StMichael - 40 Warrior Priest
Elhim - 40 Shadow Warrior
Cullexus - 40 Witch Hunter
Teuton Codpiece - 40 Knight
Gritkicker - 40 Slayer

Ninepaces

Post#53 » Wed Jan 04, 2017 11:30 am

Why not combine t1, t2 ,t3 into one map (from t1-t3 range) and change the map every couple of days? Bolster everyone to 31 and maybe give the fresh characters some basic gear so they arent entirely naked in wz. You would also see action on blighted isle and ekrund too.

altharion1
Banned

Post#54 » Wed Jan 04, 2017 11:51 am

Is there anyway to make only PVP kills/locks in the lower tiers give insane boosted exp? If people want to grind their way through the lower tiers let them do it, but make it most effective in rvr.

This encourages people to level alts, as it isn't a grind due to faster exp, thus more people would do it. It would also keep the population in the lower tiers in the rvr lakes rather than pve, as people will always choose the fastest way to get exp.

The kill quests are a nice way of making pvp leveling rewarding. Maybe 50/100ish kills in pvp could finish a quest that gets you an entire level. Anything to keep people in pvp rather than pve while leveling.
WL Althii
SM Althirion
DoK Milkmilk
BO Sizematters

Youtube Vids

Sulorie

Post#55 » Wed Jan 04, 2017 12:39 pm

Why so few US players keep playing the game?
Dying is no option.

Stmichael1989

Post#56 » Wed Jan 04, 2017 12:55 pm

Sulorie wrote:Why so few US players keep playing the game?
Warhammer as a whole was always more popular in EU/Russia than in the States. No surprise that there would be more EU and Russian players than American, especially for a zombie MMO.
StMichael - 40 Warrior Priest
Elhim - 40 Shadow Warrior
Cullexus - 40 Witch Hunter
Teuton Codpiece - 40 Knight
Gritkicker - 40 Slayer

Sulorie

Post#57 » Wed Jan 04, 2017 1:39 pm

Stmichael1989 wrote:
Warhammer as a whole was always more popular in EU/Russia than in the States. No surprise that there would be more EU and Russian players than American, especially for a zombie MMO.
Ok but every understandable change to xp gain in order to help US population to progress would directly affect all other players in a negative way. Mid tiers are active enough for other timezones to progress without artificial xp boosts.
Dying is no option.

Kalidore

Post#58 » Wed Jan 04, 2017 8:58 pm

pretty self explanatory, nobody plays during NA hours, and we dont have 5 or 6 friends playing with us. Which is fine, I am still enjoying the game, just have to log in during EU primetime until t4.
Getzoff-Shammy
Fraulein- RP

Ads
Jaycub

Post#59 » Wed Jan 04, 2017 9:03 pm

You could have the xp bonuses only active when the population is under a certain number for that tier.

About NA in particular, we had a pretty healthy nightly population of about 400-500 online and around 200-300 transitioning into the RU times. But after the DDOS we sit at around ~300 drop off to 150 late night and about 100 transitioning into RU times. Once the population drops to 150 you are pretty limited in what you can do in RvR, order seems to have some success with avocettis warbands but that's taking near empty keeps most of the time.

mid tiers lost just enough of the player base to basically turn them into ghost towns most of the time, after the DDOS.

RIght now 67% of the people who voted want the increased experience, but the team is adamant on making it better than skipping it all together. All we can do is hope that they pull through in that regard. As for NA, idk nothing has ever been done specifically to help a time zone outside of community organized events by NA guilds to try and get RvR to happen. Some people on the staff also seem to have some kind of weird EU vs NA mentality or something as well that they don't hide very well in their posts.
<Lords of the Locker Room> <Old School>

Akalukz

Post#60 » Wed Jan 04, 2017 9:15 pm

If not exp boost, then I highly recommend Renown (up to RR30) / RvR(scen) drops / Influence 3 x boost. Additionally I would cap off the pairs, just like you do with T4, one active zone at a time (may already be that, not sure)
-= Agony =-