Recent Topics

Ads

Should the experience boost be returned to the game?

Let's talk about... everything else

Poll: Should the experience boost be returned to the game?

Yes, revert back to 3x ASAP.
59%
Yes, but consider something slightly less than 3x.
12%
No, keep it the way it is..
25%
I don't care either way..
4%
Total votes: 211

Kobra
Suspended

Should the experience boost be returned to the game?

Post#1 » Sun Jan 01, 2017 11:08 pm

As a former live player returning to the game I have found T1 to be fun, but T2/T3 to be life sapping. The vast majority of the content is empty and you essentially end up playing the game alone.. PQ's are all empty. SC's don't pop very often and when they do they are often 4v4 or very unbalanced. Overall, T2/T3 is a woeful experience that is an artificial block to the progress of 'getting where you want to get', that's T4 and starting to farm ruin and things with your pals and reasonably populated areas.

I wasn't here for the 3x experience boost but it seems like it's pretty clear that removing it hasn't had the intended effect. T2/T3 is still mostly empty and a very unsatisfactory experience. You still have nOobs at T4 that need to learn their classes.

Should experience be reverted to 3x or even 2x?

Ads
Natherul
Former Staff

Re: Should the experience boost be returned to the game?

Post#2 » Sun Jan 01, 2017 11:17 pm

It should be noted to anyone reading this post, that even though formulated as it might be a vote that would be taken as a deciding factor on if it should be re implemented or not.

The OP does not belong to staff and nor would this poll have a deciding factor into re implementation of the boost or not, but ofc we will look into any feedback given.

Dabbart

Post#3 » Sun Jan 01, 2017 11:23 pm

Yes.

Let's solve the issue of low population by giving those with the ability to do so, an easier way to grind their way out.

There's no one to fight. So let's push everyone out as fast as possible. Why on god's earth would anyone go PvP if you can get x3 XP from any mob/quest? One can already PL from 1-28 then various quests and PQs to 32 in a day. Those that are "stuck" in the lower ranks tend to be newbies, unguilded players, and the poor poor NA's. Try playing on the weekends, and chat a little bit to make some friends.

T1 always has people smashing heads in nordland. With the amalgamation of t2/3 you have the potential for solid fights from rank 1-40. We don't have the playerbase for hundreds of people online in every tier at every hour of the game. I don't believe that is reason enough to turn this into a hyper XP priv server.
Azarael wrote: It's only a nerf if you're bad.

(see, I can shitpost too!)
Secrets wrote: Kindly adjust your attitude to actually help the community and do not impose your will on it. You aren't as powerful as you think.

Natherul
Former Staff

Post#4 » Sun Jan 01, 2017 11:27 pm

Also going to note down here something that I posted in
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=19168

If the bonus xp is added back for t2 and t3 then those zones will become deserted with no SCs popping and no ORvR going on as well as less and less players actually enjoying the content thats there (as well as learning their career ofc).

While I agree that the game really starts at T4 I strongly believe that there should be no XP gain increase as it lessens the experience in the T2 and T3 zones.

EDIT: not to mention lessen the value of the time spent slaving (DB team) making those tiers actually what they are.

TenTonHammer

Post#5 » Sun Jan 01, 2017 11:40 pm

Natherul wrote:Also going to note down here something that I posted in
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=19168

If the bonus xp is added back for t2 and t3 then those zones will become deserted with no SCs popping and no ORvR going on as well as less and less players actually enjoying the content thats there (as well as learning their career ofc).

While I agree that the game really starts at T4 I strongly believe that there should be no XP gain increase as it lessens the experience in the T2 and T3 zones.

EDIT: not to mention lessen the value of the time spent slaving (DB team) making those tiers actually what they are.

I'm sorry but I disagree with this " learn your class" arguments

First off leading a class is about investing TIME in a class not what ever tier your in additionally you can fast around, slog or run though t2-3 but none of those affect how good of a tank or healer you are it's about the time you spend playing a class, he'll I know people who have been here since the beginning and now in t4 who still can't play their class or archtype well

The like you yourself said; the Agame completely changes once you change t4 and lastly you can't completely learn your class till you have enough master and renown pts to spec and skill certain things

For example their is no real reason for maras to really learn and master stance dancing till they spec giouttine before that they can basically run in sav mode the whole time

This learn the class, tier are gunsmiths are in reality, hog wash

T3 and 3 are dead zones this game is pop heaven in t1 and t4 and the dead zones just discourage and drive new players off
Last edited by TenTonHammer on Sun Jan 01, 2017 11:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dabbart

Post#6 » Sun Jan 01, 2017 11:44 pm

Right this second there are 132 players in t2/3. 97 in t1 and 280sometjing in t4. The middle isn't totally dead. It's just never going to be "balanced" and requires player driven debolster events at times. 132 people could get a few fun fights goin....
Azarael wrote: It's only a nerf if you're bad.

(see, I can shitpost too!)
Secrets wrote: Kindly adjust your attitude to actually help the community and do not impose your will on it. You aren't as powerful as you think.

Jaycub

Post#7 » Sun Jan 01, 2017 11:45 pm

Based on the last thread I think most of how I feel will get covered by others here eventually. But I can say for 100% certain that this is be a gigantic boon to the population in NA were t2-3 frequently fall below like 30 players total after ~9/10pm central?

While it won't really make those tiers any more alive PvP wise, it will fast track players to T4 to help bolster NA's relatively low numbers compared to EU.

Edit: As far as this being viewed as "abandoning T2-3" after a lot of work by the DB team went into it... I assuming this is only a temporary solution to low population. There is also ways to get r40 characters out and about in the lower tiers via events, quests, instances and whatnot.
<Lords of the Locker Room> <Old School>

CzarRedwall

Post#8 » Sun Jan 01, 2017 11:50 pm

Eh. WAR isn't much of a experience tbh. It's hopping between tiers, kind of putting yourself on autopilot. The only 'journey' that can be had is through immersion, which is generally through quests which allow a player to explore the world.

Otherwise, you just play in the same few zones, in the same few spots, over and over again, with each new toon that you're trying to level. I think its stupid because you basically ignore 90% of the world.

I also don't see the point in making RvR a priority for the lower tiers. None of them really matter. Plus, you're never going to get enough players to make them as active.

If PvE in t1-t3 were given a makeover, it would really round out the gameplay and give players more options. Quests, dungeons, PQs, etc. Then you could say you had an adventure.

Ads
analoghermit

Post#9 » Sun Jan 01, 2017 11:59 pm

T3 was pretty alive the last few days (late EU times usually) and I managed to keep my RR about on par with my char's level (compared to 3x exp times). Zone locks are also incredibly rewarding and the VP system allows for more skirmishes than PvDoor.

The slogs are currently lvl 16 if you want to oRvR because it's Nordland till you die inside and people skipping T2, so it's Talabec and Avelorn all the time.

TenTonHammer

Post#10 » Mon Jan 02, 2017 12:05 am

Pops been up recently because it's winter holidays i feel