Recent Topics

Ads

Toughness or armor ?

Let's talk about... everything else
Grunbag
Former Staff

Re: Toughness or armor ?

Post#21 » Tue Jan 03, 2017 1:08 pm

Not asking especially for engineer (trying à IB also) but wondering what would be the most efficient to survive longer
Grunbag - 40 - 33 Squig Herder
Skorri - 40 - 65 Engineer

Ads
Luth

Post#22 » Tue Jan 03, 2017 1:10 pm

Grunbag wrote:
Luth wrote:
Grunbag wrote: Toughness mitigated all type of damage ?
Yes as i wrote, it's calculated against the enemies DPS stat, though the damage has to be modified by the DPS stat (no morales, procs etc).
I think it's virtually impossible to stack armor so high that you can reach the max. physical damage mitigation of 75% if you distract a possible armor debuff and the armor penetration from the enemies weaponskill (should be around 20%-40% for most enemies).
So maybe it isn't better to stack toughness instead of armor cause armor can be debuffed and dps can stack armor penetration but nothing against toughness ?
There are also toughness debuffs and they stack strength etc. against toughness. Stacking toughness on RoR is also a bit better than it was on WAR:

The effect of Toughness is independent of any other stat and is not capped by the attacker's offensive stat. Toughness will negate attack damage down to a minimum of 1. I'm not fixing this even if it can conclusively be proven to be a difference from the live formula because there's a defensive stat that actually needs bringing into line, and that stat sure ain't Toughness (hint: it's armor)
viewtopic.php?f=52&t=16694

That means that you get a further defensive advantage by having more toughness than the enemy has strength/intelligence/ballistic skill.
Last edited by Luth on Tue Jan 03, 2017 1:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Telperien

Post#23 » Tue Jan 03, 2017 1:13 pm

Luth wrote:
Grunbag wrote:
Luth wrote: Yes as i wrote, it's calculated against the enemies DPS stat, though the damage has to be modified by the DPS stat (no morales, procs etc).
I think it's virtually impossible to stack armor so high that you can reach the max. physical damage mitigation of 75% if you distract a possible armor debuff and the armor penetration from the enemies weaponskill (should be around 20%-40% for most enemies).
So maybe it isn't better to stack toughness instead of armor cause armor can be debuffed and dps can stack armor penetration but nothing against toughness ?
There also toughness debuffs and they stack strength etc. against toughness. Stacking toughness on RoR is also a bit better than it was on WAR:

The effect of Toughness is independent of any other stat and is not capped by the attacker's offensive stat. Toughness will negate attack damage down to a minimum of 1. I'm not fixing this even if it can conclusively be proven to be a difference from the live formula because there's a defensive stat that actually needs bringing into line, and that stat sure ain't Toughness (hint: it's armor)
viewtopic.php?f=52&t=16694

That means that you get a further defensive advantage by having more toughness than the enemy has strength/intelligence/ballistic skill.
Watching Khorze videos I`m sure thats true. Getting quite high toughness on Sorc and debuffing main dps stat with Grasping Darkness can push surlivality event futher.
Slacking (checking out EvE)

sotora

Post#24 » Tue Jan 03, 2017 1:16 pm

Luth wrote: armor penetration from the enemies weaponskill (should be around 20%-40% for most enemies).
How precisely armor penetration works?

Is it:

1. 30% penetration on 10000 armor target = target has 7000 armor left?

or

2. 30% penetration on 80% physical damage reduction = target has 50% physical damage reduction left?

or

3. Even diffrent effect.

Which value exactly and how it is decreased by armor penetration? Thanks.

spikespiegel84

Post#25 » Tue Jan 03, 2017 1:26 pm

Luth wrote:
spikespiegel84 wrote:You reach 75% Disrupt as a Chosen (100+ with discordance last skill)
Do they stack? "Hold the line" and "Tzeentch's Reflection" are both ability buffs.
Edit: They stack obviously.
Yes they do, at least in my Statdoll. Wasn't it intended? Otherwise it's pointless to run both.

Luth

Post#26 » Tue Jan 03, 2017 1:31 pm

I'm pretty sure it's number 1, though i don't know the exact formula that is used at the moment. Afaik the first calculations were based on data from Annaise and Bruglir, though some of the formulas have probably been changed (with some exceptions) as the original WAR formulas from the client are known now.
Aza knows it for sure.

Luth

Post#27 » Tue Jan 03, 2017 1:32 pm

spikespiegel84 wrote:
Luth wrote:
spikespiegel84 wrote:You reach 75% Disrupt as a Chosen (100+ with discordance last skill)
Do they stack? "Hold the line" and "Tzeentch's Reflection" are both ability buffs.
Edit: They stack obviously.
Yes they do, at least in my Statdoll. Wasn't it intended? Otherwise it's pointless to run both.
According to stack rules they shouldn't stack, but i don't know if they stacked on WAR or if it's intended.

sotora

Post#28 » Tue Jan 03, 2017 1:54 pm

Luth wrote:I'm pretty sure it's number 1, though i don't know the exact formula that is used at the moment. Afaik the first calculations were based on data from Annaise and Bruglir, though some of the formulas have probably been changed (with some exceptions) as the original WAR formulas from the client are known now.
Aza knows it for sure.
Ok thanks. Maybe Aza will read this topic and clarify. If not I will create new topic about this some time in future.

Ads
gke96

Post#29 » Tue Jan 03, 2017 2:29 pm

exact formula for armor mitigation at lv40:
(armor/44)*(1-(enemy armorpen - armor pen reduction))
itz this simple..
HORSEWHISPERER - PHALANX
CHOPPPA - PHALANX
COLDONE - PHALANX
SUNWHISPERER - ZERG
DOGWHISPERER - ZERG
BEARD - ZERG

gke96

Post#30 » Tue Jan 03, 2017 2:37 pm

againist avarage balistic you need around 4700-5000 unbuffed armor for %75 at least. (considering enemy has armor normal armor debuff) counting armor debuff and penetration.
this increase depending you have WL-mara armor debuff on you.

(If you calculate to extremes for example, if you wanna %75 againist someone with 700 weapon skill together with a 1600 armor debuff on you, you need around 8k armor so dont aim for that.. %75 againist balistic is enough armor.)
HORSEWHISPERER - PHALANX
CHOPPPA - PHALANX
COLDONE - PHALANX
SUNWHISPERER - ZERG
DOGWHISPERER - ZERG
BEARD - ZERG