Recent Topics

Ads

Noobie asks: Which side is in need of which roles?

Let's talk about... everything else
NoRKaLKiLLa

Re: Noobie asks: Which side is in need of which roles?

Post#11 » Fri Jan 06, 2017 4:43 pm

Order needs melee dps

Ads
shaggyboomboom

Post#12 » Fri Jan 06, 2017 5:25 pm

order needs tanks

ToXoS

Post#13 » Fri Jan 06, 2017 5:27 pm

Destro needs magus to counter engies.

CegeePegee
Former Staff

Post#14 » Fri Jan 06, 2017 5:47 pm

Destro just needs more players in general... well, during NA primetime anyway...

tazdingo

Post#15 » Sun Jan 15, 2017 9:20 am

everyone says that order needs tanks but it takes a brave person to play one
i find i get loads of heals in destro pubs, whereas playing order i'll slowly die to dots in our backline whilst 90% of our healers are trying to dps

i've felt this across all tiers, playing melee as destro is just a far better experience than as order. you may wanna find a group first, or prepare for frustration

Daknallbomb
Game Artist

Post#16 » Sun Jan 15, 2017 9:23 am

Dps shammy for Sure
Tinkabell 40/41 Magus Whaagit 40/41 SH Whaagot 40/54 BO Daknallfrosch 40/72shammy

Stmichael1989

Post#17 » Sun Jan 15, 2017 9:49 am

Order really does need tanks. Knights are really good right now, but I've found that there's not enough competent sword masters. A good sword master right now is an excellent shock troop that helps put pressure on Destro and make them play defensively rather than set up shop and start freecasting. Or if you can find a slayer friend to duo with, go iron breaker and ruin everything.
StMichael - 40 Warrior Priest
Elhim - 40 Shadow Warrior
Cullexus - 40 Witch Hunter
Teuton Codpiece - 40 Knight
Gritkicker - 40 Slayer

Glorian

Post#18 » Sun Jan 15, 2017 1:48 pm

Aye. The 3rd Bitterstone Thunderers allways has room for an IB or Runi.

In the last WBs we have so much of them at one point we would also field Dps runis.

Children of Stone me lads!

Click here to watch on YouTube

Ads
blaqwar

Post#19 » Sun Jan 15, 2017 4:49 pm

Stmichael1989 wrote:Order really does need tanks. Knights are really good right now, but I've found that there's not enough competent sword masters. A good sword master right now is an excellent shock troop that helps put pressure on Destro and make them play defensively rather than set up shop and start freecasting. Or if you can find a slayer friend to duo with, go iron breaker and ruin everything.
Read "Swordmasters who perform the role of a strong DPS tank by guarding, CCing, shattering and applying pressure" and not "Swordmasters who pretend they're melee DPS". Just to be clear on what the term "good SM" means. :P

Stmichael1989

Post#20 » Sun Jan 15, 2017 5:49 pm

blaqwar wrote:
Stmichael1989 wrote:Order really does need tanks. Knights are really good right now, but I've found that there's not enough competent sword masters. A good sword master right now is an excellent shock troop that helps put pressure on Destro and make them play defensively rather than set up shop and start freecasting. Or if you can find a slayer friend to duo with, go iron breaker and ruin everything.
Read "Swordmasters who perform the role of a strong DPS tank by guarding, CCing, shattering and applying pressure" and not "Swordmasters who pretend they're melee DPS". Just to be clear on what the term "good SM" means. :P
I actually prefer a SM who leaves the CC to someone else. Nothing infuriates me more than some idiot running in and spamming their AoE knockback for the hell of it while giving everyone I'm trying to punt free immunity.
StMichael - 40 Warrior Priest
Elhim - 40 Shadow Warrior
Cullexus - 40 Witch Hunter
Teuton Codpiece - 40 Knight
Gritkicker - 40 Slayer