Recent Topics

Ads

Range check

Let's talk about... everything else
Skazur

Range check

Post#1 » Sun Jan 08, 2017 5:10 am

Hi.

I totally love to play healer's but I can't stand a missing UI with a functional rangecheck anymore.
Tried to get healgrid working on that issue, but it doesn't work that way I used to be.

Any advice? I need to see instantly (without much effort - black/white for ex.) if ppl are in range and in need of healing/cure's.

Remembering I have had that on live years ago. But I can't remember any AddOn and/or serrings.

Greetings

Ads
Gerv
Banned

Re: Range check

Post#2 » Sun Jan 08, 2017 4:15 pm

Action Bar Colour addon makes the ability glow red when it is not in range of the target.

Enemy addon can be made to show distances and inlarged, then if you learn the distances of your abilities you can know from there.
Sia - DoK - Lords
Boyd - WP - O.S.

Skazur

Post#3 » Fri Jan 13, 2017 7:29 am

Annoying that I couldn't find a full functionable healing addon. Drives me more and more crazy.

What AddOn('s) are you using for healing issues?

Noergl

Post#4 » Fri Jan 13, 2017 9:14 am

Give the enemy addon a try. I use it as a healer, it shows me more efficient with one look if my ally has curse, debuff, heal dot etc... though i get no numbers for the exact range... i still can see whether someone is in range at all. It has its bugs, not everything works, but i find it better than the original ui. Healgrid and squared gave me more problems, but i know some people swear they are good. My advice would be to give them all a go and decide for yourself.
Lorekeeper Noergl Morgrimsfind & Sgt.Maj.Finvjer Hugnirsson
(Co-leader of 3rd Bitterstone Thunderers)

Skazur

Post#5 » Sat Jan 14, 2017 9:52 pm

Testing it out atm - seems like that it works well.
Thanks for the tip!

Nycta

Post#6 » Sat Jan 14, 2017 10:06 pm

Check out the Range Checker addon, might be a bit helpful.

http://games.softpedia.com/get/Mods-Add ... cker.shtml

A friend sent it to me via mail so I haven't checked this download source.
Yipikaye - "It doesn't taste like chicken!.."
Play - "Winds of Insanity trololol, omnomnom!"
Nycta - "Not again!.."
Jumaru - "Tenderness beats harshness!"
Oblivion - *Beckons..*

KnockedDown N :x :D bz

Dabbart

Post#7 » Sat Jan 14, 2017 10:32 pm

Yes, enemy is currently the best. You can set it for all sorts of helpful things, from click casting, to markers on grp/enemies, buff/debuff alerts, etc.
Azarael wrote: It's only a nerf if you're bad.

(see, I can shitpost too!)
Secrets wrote: Kindly adjust your attitude to actually help the community and do not impose your will on it. You aren't as powerful as you think.

Telperien

Post#8 » Sun Jan 15, 2017 12:00 pm

Great idea is to implement squared-like funtionality into Enemy for range checker - char frame goes semi transparent when not in range/light of sight.
Slacking (checking out EvE)

Ads