Recent Topics

Ads

A question about armor

Let's talk about... everything else
BrownStar

A question about armor

Post#1 » Mon Jan 09, 2017 4:10 pm

I recently overhead a conversation regarding armor requirements for tanks and had a few questions on how correct the information I obtained is. Apparently 5200 armor is considered on the low side with the soft cap coming in @ 6k.I know that with my ruin set and winds jewelry, I come in at 3800 armor. If I place Bis talis in every available slot and chug high end armor pots, the best I can hope for is 5700-5800. Having spent a bit out in the lakes recently, I tend to think this is a a correct assessment due to the increase in rdps damage. I almost feel that I will need an additional month doing pve just to grind for the talis and leveling pot toon just so I am not a complete drain on my healers in T4.
Not really a complaint, I would just like confirmation that this is correct so I know how to plan my game time for the next couple of weeks.

Ads
spikespiegel84

Re: A question about armor

Post#2 » Mon Jan 09, 2017 6:47 pm

You have to consider in this the pot bonus. Did you count in the ruin set armor bonus?

BrownStar

Post#3 » Mon Jan 09, 2017 6:58 pm

I actually just looked at my total armor stats on my toon wearing tali less ruin set and winds jewelry. My assumption was the set bonus would be included in my armor stats.

spikespiegel84

Post#4 » Mon Jan 09, 2017 7:07 pm

Ok. I calculated the armor. The ruin set + set bonus is more than full annihilator. You have to invest some cash in 180 ar bonus talismans. X6. 660 armor from pot, and definitely Annihilation epic quest shield.

Jaycub

Post#5 » Mon Jan 09, 2017 7:09 pm

Highest armor debuff is ~1500 armor, then you have a morale armor debuffs which stack with this for up to like ~2700ish?

Most classes who don't really invest in armor pen sit around 20%, those who do invest get anywhere from 30-40% pen at best?

It depends really what kind of tank you are as well, if you are SnB mitigation from block can make up for a lot of armor on top of the fact no one is really gonna be blowing morales and **** to focus you down. You will notice all the "good" BO's on the server run SnB but just run full str/crit gear and in a decent group are extremely hard to take down and especially so with morale pump the worst thing that might happen is you could force a shield wall out of the BO and reset his morales for a minute?

Knight has vigilance and good morales as well, IB has skin of a hotdog morale and armor tactic etc...

anything over 5k armor seems extremely overkill to me, I'm pretty sure the last tank I played was 2h knight and I only had maybe 4k and never died unless I was doing some stupid stuff. You should tell us what class you are playing btw.
<Lords of the Locker Room> <Old School>

spikespiegel84

Post#6 » Mon Jan 09, 2017 7:09 pm

Pot and proc from shield won't sum up, I believe, but is almost 200 more when proccing

BrownStar

Post#7 » Mon Jan 09, 2017 7:44 pm

I have a chosen and BO. This is good info. I am hoping to bridge that mythical divide between an unkillible buffoon swinging a wet noodle and a glorified mdps that melts slightly slower than the actual mdps class. I suppose armor requirements would differ for sc instead of orvr. I will be planning on spending the majority of my time in the lakes for the foreseeable future so it is good to know that 5000 should be adequate.

spikespiegel84

Post#8 » Mon Jan 09, 2017 8:26 pm

Well depends on what you look for. Sometimes the unkillable buffoon makes the difference between the wipe of a party and their triumph. You are not there to provide damage, but to provide utility. Many times a well timed kd or punt allow your party to trample the other.

Ads
Chinesehero

Post#9 » Sat Jan 14, 2017 11:56 am

what is the highest armor for SM???
which set??? what shield & sword???

Ugle

Post#10 » Sat Jan 14, 2017 12:08 pm

Annihilator/ merc with armor bonus jewelry :)
inactive