Recent Topics

Ads

Why don't more people join SC groups from /5?

Let's talk about... everything else
Azarael

Re: Why don't more people join SC groups from /5?

Post#81 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 5:47 pm

CegeePegee wrote:
Eathisword wrote: To end this wall of text : not being able to queue while in WB, reduces the chances of some decent guilds ever queuing.
I 100% agree with this statement. All too often my guild will want to run SCs but we have more than 6 players on that all want to play together AND there's some interesting rvr action going on and we end up being forced to choose. Almost always we will end up just playing in the lakes in order to include everyone and have optimal groups but since we'll be in a wb (usually 2-3 grps) we can no longer queue. This leave us with people having to grind out scs during off-hours on their own and as we all know the "solo" scs don't always work out that way, esp during NA prime when there are fewer people queuing to begin with.

If we could queue as a wb that would be so very fantastic, even if only a single sc supported it. Might be time to assemble a proposal for this :)
There is a reason you can't queue while in a warband and that's because it's linked to warband crashes. Any proposal will be ignored.

Ads
CegeePegee
Former Staff

Post#82 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 8:57 pm

Azarael wrote: There is a reason you can't queue while in a warband and that's because it's linked to warband crashes. Any proposal will be ignored.
Ah yes, I forgot about that. Dang it.

Not sure if its possible that the crashes will ever be permanently fixed but if that day comes I will have a proposal ready ;)

sotora

Post#83 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:32 pm

dur3al wrote:
I'd like to comment about this subject.

I wholeheartedly agree with you that people play games to enjoy themselves, have a good time and chill.
But learning and improving yourself is part of the enjoyment. How can people not realize this?
Of course it is, but:

a) not for everyone
b) not all the time
c) not with same intensity

That is why games with matchmaking systems based on elo are so popular. Because then player is grouped with & against similarly skilled players.

Tbh I would ask myself why there was much more premades group play in T3 (since everyone is referring that perioid) and few months ago in T4 than it is currently?

Zegota

Post#84 » Fri Jan 13, 2017 4:26 am

I'm solo Qing 95% of the time (unless I play few scs with gf on order side when she gets some time to log on). With the current population and lvl of play I don't really see a reason to play differently. Full glasscannon and if I die, fault is my own. It can be really fun and exciting.

dur3al

Post#85 » Fri Jan 13, 2017 5:33 am

sotora wrote:Tbh I would ask myself why there was much more premades group play in T3 (since everyone is referring that perioid) and few months ago in T4 than it is currently?
Because the main premade pushing everyone else to compete with them got most of its players banned.
Because some of the balancing changes are moving people away from the game, a lot of those who did premades, but leaking players is acceptable from the dev's perspective as long as they push their own progress forward.
And finally because there is really no incentive to form premades to be competitive - its easier to farm rewards while in the duo queue or zerg oRvR as explained previously in this thread.
Martyr's Square: Sync & Nerfedbuttons - enigma
Martyr's Square: Dureal & Method - Disrespect/It's Orz again
Badlands: Dureal & Alatheus - Exo
Karak-Norn: Sejanus - Blitz/Elementz

Tifereth

Post#86 » Fri Jan 13, 2017 7:50 am

dur3al wrote:Because the main premade pushing everyone else to compete with them got most of its players banned.
I love how you give them so much credit. Most people more often than not tried to avoid them on destro or order, queue dodging like mad. Without even going deeper into their ban reasons, they are hardly missed ingame. The forums did get a lot less funny since their disappearance though, I give you that. :P

While the additional reasons you listed might be true in some cases, for the remaining players the more likely reason is that T3 got renown capped at 40, which was reached quickly and gave people more leeway to pursue their favourite playstyles. Right now with everybody farming RR80, it's back to efficency. You'll find many faces who'd usually queue for SCs in the lakes nowadays.

I still stand by saying that increasing rewards for SCs might be a nice incentive to shift people back.
Longbeard Runedolf Forgebreaker 40/4X Runepriest
R.I.P. Vokuhila, Zealot RR6X

flintboth

Post#87 » Fri Jan 13, 2017 8:38 am

I play solo most of the time to play with differents players (different in all terms, nationality/language, kid, new players, differents style of play, differents compositions...), play different strategies, the attack, the defence, the guerilla... and when the group composition is not good, learn to save my skin !
I play for the fun only I m not waiting for anything, rewards, reproachs, renown, congratulations or make new friends.
I like to learn to play with other people/players, try complete them, or see them completed my errors, to respond at wath they need in time, without voice with the video game tools only to be more sensitive, reactive in game and be present and effective with all players of my Realm.
Play with voice in closed group optimised or not can be fun but it's not for me.
I m looking for a real Realm non exclusive, I like the idea to play with all, I like the unforessen, love the surpises of the random mode; React to the unforeseen with my own senses and help the others as much I can, all.
Possible I play solo for all the bad reasons you have mentioned above.
Hope this respond to your first question and you will not post to whine about my response,as always you do against the players and opinions diffenrences, because is not what you expect.
This is how I like to play and I m not alone !
Last edited by flintboth on Fri Jan 13, 2017 9:22 am, edited 5 times in total.
monkey 079 (test failure - escaped)

Dalgrimar

Post#88 » Fri Jan 13, 2017 8:53 am

I think adding new gear progression would bring back allot of groups to.
There is not much reason atm to play the game much/active other than the extremely slow renown grind.
Dalgri - Ftp/Sens - Sadboi - Fanboy

utube
twitch

Ads
Olszewski

Post#89 » Fri Jan 13, 2017 7:27 pm

Dalgrimar wrote:I think adding new gear progression would bring back allot of groups to.
There is not much reason atm to play the game much/active other than the extremely slow renown grind.
Agreed. very possible.

peterthepan3

Post#90 » Fri Jan 13, 2017 7:57 pm

Tifereth wrote:
dur3al wrote:Because the main premade pushing everyone else to compete with them got most of its players banned.
I love how you give them so much credit. Most people more often than not tried to avoid them on destro or order, queue dodging like mad. Without even going deeper into their ban reasons, they are hardly missed ingame. The forums did get a lot less funny since their disappearance though, I give you that. :P

While the additional reasons you listed might be true in some cases, for the remaining players the more likely reason is that T3 got renown capped at 40, which was reached quickly and gave people more leeway to pursue their favourite playstyles. Right now with everybody farming RR80, it's back to efficency. You'll find many faces who'd usually queue for SCs in the lakes nowadays.

I still stand by saying that increasing rewards for SCs might be a nice incentive to shift people back.

On the contrary - they do deserve credit. Yes, they're banned and I'm not disputing the reasoning behind it, but anyone who so claims to be interested in competitive PvP will acknowledge that 'they' raised the pedestal exponentially. Any premade that did duck them = not a real premade/pug farmer. We got our asses handed to us by 'them' a lot, but we never dodged a queue and kept fighting until we won.

Again to reiterate: I'm not lamenting their loss or arguing against their ultimate dismissal, but the general caliber of PvP has gone done drastically since their departure. Sure if you like to roleplay and don't really have much time for l337 PvP, then you have no reason to 'miss' them - just as said l337 PvP groups wouldn't really miss the bitterstone thunderers if they all left. Two different groups of peoples.