Recent Topics

Ads

Why don't more people join SC groups from /5?

Let's talk about... everything else
peterthepan3

Re: Why don't more people join SC groups from /5?

Post#71 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:28 pm

Jaycub wrote:It's too much of a pain in the butt considering you will still get smashed by guild premades with voice comms and proper setups.

It's just easier to turn on some music and chill out in the solo que sc, it would be perfect if the sc manager was more strict and there was 0 chance of getting into the non PUG version of that SC when you que.
This would have been true a few months ago, but as of right now there's probably only two premades with voice comms that would pose a threat to anyone.

Ads
footpatrol2

Post#72 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:36 pm

Tie Sc's to the campaign so zones can't flip without your realm winning the majority of SC's for that pairing.
Fix the issue's AoR had with SC's tied to the campaign.
Bring back guild banners and their effects.
Finish what mythic wanted to due and place guild banners on the halls of the city for the most renown gained per week/month.
Potentially lift the cap on guild ranks.
Allow for groups to que as a warband.
Watch the community explode for groups in /5.
Keep the solo que as is. Have the solo que not contribute to the campaign hence not getting the zone flips when they happen.

Just test it out. I bet it would be very positive.

altharion1
Banned

Post#73 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:58 pm

I forgot about the old days when sc's contributed to VPs for zone lock.

They'd never implement that again here. Can you even imagine the salty tears and hate premades would get for preventing locks by shutting down sc's, it would be beautiful :lol:
WL Althii
SM Althirion
DoK Milkmilk
BO Sizematters

Youtube Vids

porkstar

Post#74 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 1:36 pm

Eathisword wrote: Sadly, as a teacher, I believe that the willingness to learn is not a particularly dominant trait in western culture.
I blame society. We can live relatively comfortable lives in the West whilst being super ignorant. Our social network will at least allow us to have a crappy apartment and gross boxed food with very minimal effort. RoR (modern MMOs) allow progression by the SC, daily quest, zerg safety net. I met an engineer the other day 40/3X who didn't even know he could snare folks. I have a T3 BW that I just use follow the zerg around and leech from them. I'm such a parasite. Wow. Thanks for depressing me this morning.
Vagreena Auntie Dangercat
Porkstar Hamcat Coolwave
Penril wrote:So you are saying that a class you never touched is OP?
Go play it before posting about it pal...

Dalgrimar

Post#75 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 3:23 pm

peterthepan3 wrote:
Jaycub wrote:It's too much of a pain in the butt considering you will still get smashed by guild premades with voice comms and proper setups.

It's just easier to turn on some music and chill out in the solo que sc, it would be perfect if the sc manager was more strict and there was 0 chance of getting into the non PUG version of that SC when you que.
This would have been true a few months ago, but as of right now there's probably only two premades with voice comms that would pose a threat to anyone.
Make that 1 active [Kraut control] 1 not so active CCM, and rarely like 3man of LoB so ye not very much to be scared of for pug premades.
Its sad really there are literally almost no premades annymore.
Dalgri - Ftp/Sens - Sadboi - Fanboy

utube
twitch

Tiggo
Former Staff

Post#76 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 3:29 pm

altharion1 wrote:I forgot about the old days when sc's contributed to VPs for zone lock.

They'd never implement that again here. Can you even imagine the salty tears and hate premades would get for preventing locks by shutting down sc's, it would be beautiful :lol:

you mean, when you got flamed cause you played a scenario and lost ? and enemy blocked lock with not queuing ?
- Martock - Tiggo - Antigonos - Mago - Hamilkar - Melquart
- Smooshie (Destro)

altharion1
Banned

Post#77 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 3:48 pm

Tiggo wrote:
altharion1 wrote:I forgot about the old days when sc's contributed to VPs for zone lock.

you mean, when you got flamed cause you played a scenario and lost ? and enemy blocked lock with not queuing ?
Indeed. It just wasnt a good system.
WL Althii
SM Althirion
DoK Milkmilk
BO Sizematters

Youtube Vids

Dabbart

Post#78 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 3:58 pm

Not to mention the hate lowbies would get for queueing when a lock was imminent...
Azarael wrote: It's only a nerf if you're bad.

(see, I can shitpost too!)
Secrets wrote: Kindly adjust your attitude to actually help the community and do not impose your will on it. You aren't as powerful as you think.

Ads
CegeePegee
Former Staff

Post#79 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 4:31 pm

Eathisword wrote: To end this wall of text : not being able to queue while in WB, reduces the chances of some decent guilds ever queuing.
I 100% agree with this statement. All too often my guild will want to run SCs but we have more than 6 players on that all want to play together AND there's some interesting rvr action going on and we end up being forced to choose. Almost always we will end up just playing in the lakes in order to include everyone and have optimal groups but since we'll be in a wb (usually 2-3 grps) we can no longer queue. This leave us with people having to grind out scs during off-hours on their own and as we all know the "solo" scs don't always work out that way, esp during NA prime when there are fewer people queuing to begin with.

If we could queue as a wb that would be so very fantastic, even if only a single sc supported it. Might be time to assemble a proposal for this :)

footpatrol2

Post#80 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 5:37 pm

altharion1 wrote:
Tiggo wrote:

Indeed. It just wasnt a good system.
Thats why you fix the old system so the enemy can't block lock you from flipping a zone by not queing.