Recent Topics

Ads

Why don't more people join SC groups from /5?

Let's talk about... everything else
altharion1
Banned

Re: Why don't more people join SC groups from /5?

Post#11 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:16 pm

Aurandilaz wrote:Most people play scs to simply get emblems and some renown, most cba to become pocket healers or bodyguards for random people.
Soloqueuing is more relaxing, the dps who also solo queue won't shout and get mad at your healer if you pull back early or simply aren't able to outheal the dmg they soak up; with premades come expectations of performance. And that can get tiresome.
A horrible reflection of the mediocrity and zerg mentality this community has developed.

Also, on the assumption that there is no such thing as realm pride, then wouldnt this also be true:

"Most people play Orvr to simply get medalions and some renown, most cba to become pocket healers or bodyguards for random people. Solo Orvring is more relaxing, the dps who also solo Orvr won't shout and get mad at your healer if you pull back early or simply aren't able to outheal the dmg they soak up; with warbands come expectations of performance. And that can get tiresome."

If its not true, then i dont know what is going on with this community's mindset :shock:
WL Althii
SM Althirion
DoK Milkmilk
BO Sizematters

Youtube Vids

Ads
anathir
Suspended

Post#12 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:21 pm

because bads wont risk shattering the illusion they've created of themselves actually being competent players.

Daknallbomb
Game Artist

Post#13 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:27 pm

Well random grp is nearly 90% loose. So better to play pug sc or a good grp with ppl u know
Tinkabell 40/41 Magus Whaagit 40/41 SH Whaagot 40/54 BO Daknallfrosch 40/72shammy

altharion1
Banned

Post#14 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:41 pm

Daknallbomb wrote:Well random grp is nearly 90% loose. So better to play pug sc or a good grp with ppl u know
anathir wrote:because bads wont risk shattering the illusion they've created of themselves actually being competent players.
How average individual player ability and skill is drastically falling is almost worthy of its own thread.
WL Althii
SM Althirion
DoK Milkmilk
BO Sizematters

Youtube Vids

anathir
Suspended

Post#15 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:50 pm

I dont really mind though. I understand the flip side of coming home from work and you just want to smash unguarded/unhealed noobs in solo queue instead of having to think/play to someone else's (the group's) standard.

Its the unwillingness to want to improve at even something as unimportant and trivial as a game that stumps me.

DefinitelyNotWingz

Post#16 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:51 pm

Pug scs like nordenwatch can be carried by 1-2 above average players or by a mdok with guard. If I was such a player I wouldnt bother grping. ;)

Duo-queue is strong and it is fast renown and emblems. Why bother with a grp?
You know who I am.

Tifereth

Post#17 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 1:01 pm

It's a direct side effect of the single queue scenario implementation. Some issues were raised back then, about what happens to other systems that recieved convenient cop out side options. Prominent feature: WoW's LFR, and multiple easier raid versions. Killed the raid community clean off.

On here, six mans now have very long queue times, since nobody bothers anymore. However, there really weren't many more quality fights when pugs were forced to queue into premades, so it's an inherent community problem.

This game has very little in terms of competitive play, no rankings, no brackets, no rewards and after it's death more importantly: Few players. No wonder most people love playing it casually, which is not a bad thing imo. There's only so many matches you can have versus the same people and same comps before it starts feeling a bit stale.

From the pugs view, you also make drastically more RR in Orvr following the big brawls and keep takes than getting stomped on by premades in SCs. For premades, a comment made by many came true that a lot simply WANT to stomp pugs, hence they now queue into their OP meta duo comps eating fresh R40RR20s alive. Longer queue times only magnify the problem. People don't want to wait for hours, so they break up into duos just to get the queues rolling. It needs a community drive to keep the 6v6/Scenario scene alive, but said drive is simply not there at the moment.
Last edited by Tifereth on Wed Jan 11, 2017 1:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Longbeard Runedolf Forgebreaker 40/4X Runepriest
R.I.P. Vokuhila, Zealot RR6X

altharion1
Banned

Post#18 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 1:09 pm

DefinitelyNotWingz wrote:Pug scs like nordenwatch can be carried by 1-2 above average players or by a mdok with guard. If I was such a player I wouldnt bother grping. ;)
So true.

Which is completely against the idea of the pug sc. A tank + mdps dominating every pug sc they join is no different to premades dominating in group scs.
WL Althii
SM Althirion
DoK Milkmilk
BO Sizematters

Youtube Vids

Ads
saupreusse
Developer

Post#19 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 1:16 pm

Im too bad to play in a grp. So im always pugging.

Aurandilaz

Post#20 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 1:24 pm

altharion1 wrote:
Aurandilaz wrote:Most people play scs to simply get emblems and some renown, most cba to become pocket healers or bodyguards for random people.
Soloqueuing is more relaxing, the dps who also solo queue won't shout and get mad at your healer if you pull back early or simply aren't able to outheal the dmg they soak up; with premades come expectations of performance. And that can get tiresome.
A horrible reflection of the mediocrity and zerg mentality this community has developed.

Also, on the assumption that there is no such thing as realm pride, then wouldnt this also be true:

"Most people play Orvr to simply get medalions and some renown, most cba to become pocket healers or bodyguards for random people. Solo Orvring is more relaxing, the dps who also solo Orvr won't shout and get mad at your healer if you pull back early or simply aren't able to outheal the dmg they soak up; with warbands come expectations of performance. And that can get tiresome."

If its not true, then i dont know what is going on with this community's mindset :shock:
Hint; RoR is a game, not a job. People have different incentives for playing, some want to get rr80, some want "respect & fame", some want to farm gear, others simply log in to get some fun.
I join guild premades when they are up and they have spot for me, if not, I will solo queue or maybe log alt in lower tiers if I deem it more enjoyable. Otherwise I prefer to avoid T4 orvr because of how zergy it is.
I was maybe a "sirius" player back in 2013, now with the state of game and current end game state, I just can't be bothered to "try harder". :roll:

Realm pride has been dead for years.