Recent Topics

Ads

Why don't more people join SC groups from /5?

Let's talk about... everything else
Tiggo
Former Staff

Re: Why don't more people join SC groups from /5?

Post#41 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:13 pm

altharion1 wrote:So due to the higher pop rate, the pug SC is the most profitable way to do SCs.

Should it be like that? Cant we reward people who enjoy grouping or solo play more fairly. ie group SCs are harder to win and take longer to pop thus should reward with increase renown and emblems?

but with pug premades in the premade queue, premades will have easier acces to renowm and xp and thus, rewards must be lowered again.

^^

perhaps we need a pug premade queue? ^^
- Martock - Tiggo - Antigonos - Mago - Hamilkar - Melquart
- Smooshie (Destro)

Ads
Cimba

Post#42 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:18 pm

altharion1 wrote:So due to the higher pop rate, the pug SC is the most profitable way to do SCs.

Should it be like that? Cant we reward people who enjoy grouping or solo play more fairly. ie group SCs are harder to win and take longer to pop thus should reward with increase renown and emblems?
I think the pop rate for full groups is not that bad. During EU prime time we usually can't leave the WC if we que for SCs. It's more of an issue you're only 4-5 people. Then is probably better to split up into duos. But then again you have que a different times otherwise you will get warnings for circumventing the solo que and all that ****.
Last edited by Cimba on Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

peterthepan3

Post#43 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:20 pm

Natherul wrote:I must say that I probably never had as much fun as when I got to do some 6 mans with peterthepan3 in a SC.

Though I massively prefer ORvR it was still a totally different thing from pugging and I would go for more SCs with those lads any time I have the time and chance.

EDIT: Not like its the same as OP suggest because that team is not really drafted from /5 but still :P
Was awesome to play with you, and hopefully there'll be opportunities in the future to do so again! Also Torque is fun to group with =P

Tifereth

Post#44 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:24 pm

Tiggo wrote:But with pug premades in the premade queue, premades will have easier acces to renowm and xp and thus, rewards must be lowered again.
Sorry, I don't get that logic. Were Pug SCs implemented as a catch up mechanic now? I always assumed they were made so people that
don't want to, don't have to queue into a group.

No matter what, people with more time on their hand, or long time premades in general, will always earn more/be more successful by default. They queue with their mate into duo and destroy, or roam with their group in Orvr waiting for the queue to pop, gaining decent RR while the pugs knock on keep doors in hope of their only gain that night. I know people in the upper 60RRs, while I'm sitting here at the lower 40s because I have not much time to play recently. The advantage is already there.

Pug SC due to high kill numbers being a better net gain as the group SC, can be seen by many as a big design flaw. It should be no surprise that nobody is bothering to group up, when it takes longer to set up while granting even less purple points. As futile as it may seem, getting more competition in should be paramount. Just like Natherul, many people may find new found joy in group play if they will be incentivised to try it.
Last edited by Tifereth on Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Longbeard Runedolf Forgebreaker 40/4X Runepriest
R.I.P. Vokuhila, Zealot RR6X

Pulse

Post#45 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:31 pm

I solo queue because I don't have the time to play often. Basically my characters right now are all under geared...I don't have the time the farm BiS gear and I don't need the umpteenth group to tell me I am under geared, etc. I tend not to RVR much because I have short play sessions when I do play and to get real rewards there you generally have to commit a few hours to a session. One day I might be able to devote more time but for now I get the fun and renown i can from solo play.

sotora

Post#46 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:32 pm

anathir wrote: Its the unwillingness to want to improve at even something as unimportant and trivial as a game that stumps me.
I am bit baffled by this statement.

Many (most?) people reserve their energy and willingness to improve at non-trivial life things, so improving at video game get lower priority. Kinda logical.

================

As for topic, why people rarely join premades from /5. Well it's often that such ad-hoc group will get brutally stomped by proper premades. What a chance have few random players grouping together with varying level of skill, often not on voice chat against a proper premade?

Skill level and group synergry rift between semi-competent random group of players and good guild/alliance premade is huge.

Kinda why most instanced pvp games have elo matchmaking system or at least dedicated 'instance' server (i.e dedicated servers in some multiplayer FPS games) that describe what player level and type of play you can expect there. Warhammer don't have either so...

I don't have answer why 6-man premade scene was thriving more at T3 than it's currently though. Maybe it has something to do with server maturity / content or maybe not. No idea.

@OP

Anyway - if there is a problem with finding people by /5 then propably only way to combat that is to expand friend list / add more guilds to alliance and/or change guild.

peterthepan3

Post#47 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:35 pm

Tiggo wrote:

but with pug premades in the premade queue, premades will have easier acces to renowm and xp and thus, rewards must be lowered again.

^^

perhaps we need a pug premade queue? ^^
Assuming the 'pug premade' use a complementary setup, i.e. not 4 DPS shamans and 1 level 32 2h FO chosen, and can use voice comms (for some reason people seem particular averse to using comms in this game??), then there will be maybe 1/2 premades MAX that should give them any trouble.

There simply isn't as much of an abundance of hardcore premades as there (perhaps) was late T3, and so any pug group that plays well has a 99% chance of winning. Of course, if you come across a seasoned premade it'll be tough, but that is the incentive to better oneself and strive to beat them. My brother and I have organised pug groups (even during the 6v6 event, we had some pug vs pug 6v6s and it was impressive to see how many players WERE ACTUALLY GOOD once they were in comms/playing as a group) and beaten premades: it's all about communication, synergy, speaking and listening - something that every player in this game has the capability to do.

I still think EC/CW should reward significantly higher rewards.

Tankbeardz

Post#48 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:38 pm

I blacklist Nordenwatch unless I have a group because the solo queue is just not fun to play in. Pugs usually bitch the most and are the biggest a-holes.

Ads
Blasio

Post#49 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:21 pm

Personally I rarely queue because Order class balance is terrible in SCs. Destro is well rounded: tanks, mdps, rdps and healers are great in diversity. Order has SWs and BWs mostly. Oh and dont forget the AMs who dont heal just do damage. :)

Otherwise as I heard if you want to level RR you are better with openRvR, more purple numbers/hour.

I like SCs, this arena like small scale battletype, but not with the above mentioned inbalance.

peterthepan3

Post#50 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:25 pm

Blasio wrote:Personally I rarely queue because Order class balance is terrible in SCs. Destro is well rounded: tanks, mdps, rdps and healers are great in diversity. Order has SWs and BWs mostly. Oh and dont forget the AMs who dont heal just do damage. :)

Otherwise as I heard if you want to level RR you are better with openRvR, more purple numbers/hour.

I like SCs, this arena like small scale battletype, but not with the above mentioned inbalance.
Surely that serves as incentive to form groups, then?