Recent Topics

Ads

Why don't more people join SC groups from /5?

Let's talk about... everything else
altharion1
Banned

Why don't more people join SC groups from /5?

Post#1 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:20 am

This is something that has confused me a lot lately.

In orvr pugs and randoms are always joining open/closed/guild warbands. There can be up to 3 warbands going in in T4 sometimes packed full of players. (safety in numbers i guess?)

What I don't understand is why this grouping mentality doesn't transfer over to SC's? The vast majority of people appear to solo queue (which isnt always bad, I do it too.). But going into a SC solo is like running in orvr solo, it has high risk and generally has low rewards.

Over the last few weeks Legion of Boom has been quiet on order so i've had to play solo or attempt to find people in /5. Trying to find just a healer and tank to queue with is almost impossible. I like to think i'm a semi competent WL and will get you kills and wins in SCs, so i really don't understand why more people wouldnt just join for a few SCs. Its not just me because I see other people spamming in /5 to fill their last spots in their groups for hours, seemingly no one wants to join them.

Why is the community so adverse to joining SC groups from /5?
WL Althii
SM Althirion
DoK Milkmilk
BO Sizematters

Youtube Vids

Ads
Natherul
Former Staff

Re: Why don't more people join SC groups from /5?

Post#2 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:22 am

I think it is because they want to join the pug que which means they have to sign as solo or duo to get in.

Also there is the point about why joining a pug for a SC when you get a pug once you are in anyway, that is unless there is something more of a value added like voice comms (to organise and communicate better)

Dalgrimar

Post#3 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:26 am

Same issue on destru.
All random groups i make is allways from friendlist even tho i allways look for more in /5 but rarely annyone replys.
It feels like 99% of the playerbase rather zergs in RvR or solo q and than whine on forums after they lost there 30th match.
Its purely a menthality problem i think.
Dalgri - Ftp/Sens - Sadboi - Fanboy

utube
twitch

DefinitelyNotWingz

Post#4 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:29 am

The queue times as a grp make me think twice about inviting a third player.
Waiting an eternity for scs is not my cup of tea.
You know who I am.

Dalgrimar

Post#5 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:36 am

DefinitelyNotWingz wrote:The queue times as a grp make me think twice about inviting a third player.
Waiting an eternity for scs is not my cup of tea.
Yep quee times as a group definatly became allot longer.
Dalgri - Ftp/Sens - Sadboi - Fanboy

utube
twitch

peterthepan3

Post#6 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:39 am

Queue times as a group do seem longer, but even before that was the case people rarely ever formed/joined groups. As said above, it's just the mentality of most players, the irony being that they are quick enough to complain about scenarios/premades in scenarios yet complacent enough to ignore the opportunity to play with a group.

Finding healers/tanks in /5 is an almost impossible feat nowadays, yet scenarios never seem to be short of them. Weird. People just hate grouping up, it seems :D

DefinitelyNotWingz

Post#7 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:47 am

Forming a grp out of random people doesnt assure winning scs, just archetype balance, a lot of work for to little outcome. Guess thats the issue.
You know who I am.

altharion1
Banned

Post#8 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:57 am

DefinitelyNotWingz wrote:Forming a grp out of random people doesnt assure winning scs, just archetype balance, a lot of work for to little outcome. Guess thats the issue.
True, but in the end even in the pug sc, I'd argue, its still group composition that most defines enjoyment/win percentage. I rarely enjoy or win a SC when my party is 4 lowbie rDPS, 1 DPS SM + me, which happens all too often in the pug sc.

I cant get past this mentality that many randoms seem to have on this server. People prefer to roll the dice and get a random assortment of players in the pug SC, rather than at least guarantee themselves at least a guard and heals.
WL Althii
SM Althirion
DoK Milkmilk
BO Sizematters

Youtube Vids

Ads
Aurandilaz

Post#9 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:57 am

Most people play scs to simply get emblems and some renown, most cba to become pocket healers or bodyguards for random people.
Soloqueuing is more relaxing, the dps who also solo queue won't shout and get mad at your healer if you pull back early or simply aren't able to outheal the dmg they soak up; with premades come expectations of performance. And that can get tiresome.

Elemint

Post#10 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:11 pm

Solo Q'ing is a lot easier and a lot faster than finding a group and waiting for ques. Also many groups you get from /5 don't survive the first loss or 2, instead it just falls apart.