Recent Topics

Ads

Why don't more people join SC groups from /5?

Let's talk about... everything else
Rida

Re: Why don't more people join SC groups from /5?

Post#21 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 1:32 pm

altharion1 wrote:This is something that has confused me a lot lately.

In orvr pugs and randoms are always joining open/closed/guild warbands. There can be up to 3 warbands going in in T4 sometimes packed full of players. (safety in numbers i guess?)

What I don't understand is why this grouping mentality doesn't transfer over to SC's? The vast majority of people appear to solo queue (which isnt always bad, I do it too.). But going into a SC solo is like running in orvr solo, it has high risk and generally has low rewards.

Over the last few weeks Legion of Boom has been quiet on order so i've had to play solo or attempt to find people in /5. Trying to find just a healer and tank to queue with is almost impossible. I like to think i'm a semi competent WL and will get you kills and wins in SCs, so i really don't understand why more people wouldnt just join for a few SCs. Its not just me because I see other people spamming in /5 to fill their last spots in their groups for hours, seemingly no one wants to join them.

Why is the community so adverse to joining SC groups from /5?
Patience. We're coming.
Ridaleth aka Rida aka Whuky Boi
twitch.tv/ridaleth

Ads
altharion1
Banned

Post#22 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 1:56 pm

saupreusse wrote:Im too bad to play in a grp. So im always pugging.
If we were talking about a proper 6v6, then yes, sadly you would probably be too bad to join. But we're not talking about that. So individual player skill isnt relevant to my topic, and thus there is nothing stopping you from forming a group with some relevance of archetype balance.

What I'm saying is that I'm almost 100% certain that the average player would see a dramatic increase in their enjoyment and win percentage if they were more open to joining groups. /5 is one way to facilitate this.

The fact that people do not do this is so confusing to me.
WL Althii
SM Althirion
DoK Milkmilk
BO Sizematters

Youtube Vids

peterthepan3

Post#23 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 1:58 pm

Tifereth wrote: It needs a community drive to keep the 6v6/Scenario scene alive, but said drive is simply not there at the moment.
Not through lack of trying, believe me. People just aren't interested and are happy and content to play at a mediocre, individual level instead of really exploring the game's incredible potential (such as enigma did). Also only one or two premades are/were interested in regular competitive fights : most premades you see now are happy to be pug farmers, and have no quarms. Competitive pvp took a downhill turn post-t3.

@althi: i empathise with you completely and would love nothing more than to see more people playing as a unit and honing their skills/communication, but alas!, I honestly feel - at this stage - such efforts are akin to flogging a dead horse.

saupreusse
Developer

Post#24 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:03 pm

Afraid of others judging them for their playstyle and skill. Ppl dont want to be social. Its easy and its fast, you dont have to search and wait for party members. You dont have to give 100% but can just play it easy without preassure. There are thousands of reasons why ppl want to play on their own. Its human, nothing confusing about it.

peterthepan3

Post#25 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:07 pm

Opinions of others on an online game ought not bother any hardskinned person. Also a lot of the time the feedback is helpful: when I started wow arenas I made a lot of mistakes, but people told me how to improve. I didn't quit, nor did I let opinions bother me. People seem to be too fickle and uneager to learn here.

I would suggest assessing the pug scenarios if we are to maintain any sort of group play, and/or if group play really is in a dire state (as it seems to be) because people prefer the route of least resistance. This seems to be a consequence that I had predicted prior to the implementation of said sc.

altharion1
Banned

Post#26 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:24 pm

peterthepan3 wrote: I would suggest assessing the pug scenarios if we are to maintain any sort of group play, and/or if group play really is in a dire state (as it seems to be) because people prefer the route of least resistance. This seems to be a consequence that I had predicted prior to the implementation of said sc.
peterthepan3 wrote: @althi: i empathise with you completely and would love nothing more than to see more people playing as a unit and honing their skills/communication, but alas!, I honestly feel - at this stage - such efforts are akin to flogging a dead horse.
Its not really an effort by me to change anything, scrubs will be scrubs and will be farmed forever.

It was more of a wider social commentary on the community, game as a whole and its player's mentality. However, the more i think about it, the more i see that its just something we should expect - its just a reflection on real life society.

In same way that people are happy with mediocrity in game, people are happy with mediocrity in their real lives. Many people do not contribute to society, are a negative drain on society, do not look to better themselves as people or their situation/wealth, dont invent or create, and commonly take the path of least resistance and unwilling to take risks.

I suppose ones personal level of need for self improvement and cicumstances can define both your success in real life and in game.
WL Althii
SM Althirion
DoK Milkmilk
BO Sizematters

Youtube Vids

Cimba

Post#27 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:27 pm

Yeah we have the same issue when we're looking for a 6th man in /5. Maybe they are afraid of joining premades.

Natherul
Former Staff

Post#28 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:31 pm

I must say that I probably never had as much fun as when I got to do some 6 mans with peterthepan3 in a SC.

Though I massively prefer ORvR it was still a totally different thing from pugging and I would go for more SCs with those lads any time I have the time and chance.

EDIT: Not like its the same as OP suggest because that team is not really drafted from /5 but still :P

Ads
saupreusse
Developer

Post#29 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:40 pm

There are also language barriers, i for example wouldnt want to play with non german players cause my english is too bad.

Elemint

Post#30 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:41 pm

altharion1 wrote:
peterthepan3 wrote: I would suggest assessing the pug scenarios if we are to maintain any sort of group play, and/or if group play really is in a dire state (as it seems to be) because people prefer the route of least resistance. This seems to be a consequence that I had predicted prior to the implementation of said sc.
peterthepan3 wrote: @althi: i empathise with you completely and would love nothing more than to see more people playing as a unit and honing their skills/communication, but alas!, I honestly feel - at this stage - such efforts are akin to flogging a dead horse.
Its not really an effort by me to change anything, scrubs will be scrubs and will be farmed forever.

It was more of a wider social commentary on the community, game as a whole and its player's mentality. However, the more i think about it, the more i see that its just something we should expect - its just a reflection on real life society.

In same way that people are happy with mediocrity in game, people are happy with mediocrity in their real lives. Many people do not contribute to society, are a negative drain on society, do not look to better themselves as people or their situation/wealth, dont invent or create, and commonly take the path of least resistance and unwilling to take risks.

I suppose ones personal level of need for self improvement and cicumstances can define both your success in real life and in game.

Yeah dude this really isn't the place for social commentary, especially not for something as banal as "people don't want to put in the effort"