Why don't more people join SC groups from /5?

Let's talk about... everything else

Moderators: Developer, Management, Web Developer

User avatar
Tifereth
Posts: 134

Re: Why don't more people join SC groups from /5?

Post#31 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:45 pm

peterthepan3 wrote:This seems to be a consequence that I had predicted prior to the implementation of said sc.

I had exactly you in mind when I said "others have predicted this" in my post above. ;)
We all know you guys' effort on multiple accounts. 'Tis a shame nothing really ever lasted though, which is obviously not your fault,
hence my claim that the community simply has no interest.

I wouldn't want to take the single queue away from people though. Let them play the way they want. Making single queue an actual single queue would already be one good step. Giving out more meds/RR for group queues, possibly another. Giving out higher rewards is always the best way to make people do what you want them to, and more rewards for higher efforts is a very fair proposal imo. Anything really to give more incentives for commiting to coordinated play.
Image
Longbeard Runedolf Forgebreaker 40/4X Runepriest
R.I.P. Vokuhila, Zealot RR6X

Tiggo
Game Master
Posts: 1956

Re: Why don't more people join SC groups from /5?

Post#32 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:47 pm

Dalgrimar wrote:
DefinitelyNotWingz wrote:The queue times as a grp make me think twice about inviting a third player.
Waiting an eternity for scs is not my cup of tea.

Yep quee times as a group definatly became allot longer.



well queue time is long because people dont group up ... people dont group up because queue time is long ...


...
- Martock - Tiggo - Antigonos - Mago - Hamilkar - Melquart
- Smooshie (Destro)

User avatar
Aurandilaz
Posts: 925

Re: Why don't more people join SC groups from /5?

Post#33 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:48 pm

altharion1 wrote:
peterthepan3 wrote:I would suggest assessing the pug scenarios if we are to maintain any sort of group play, and/or if group play really is in a dire state (as it seems to be) because people prefer the route of least resistance. This seems to be a consequence that I had predicted prior to the implementation of said sc.


peterthepan3 wrote:@althi: i empathise with you completely and would love nothing more than to see more people playing as a unit and honing their skills/communication, but alas!, I honestly feel - at this stage - such efforts are akin to flogging a dead horse.


Its not really an effort by me to change anything, scrubs will be scrubs and will be farmed forever.

It was more of a wider social commentary on the community, game as a whole and its player's mentality. However, the more i think about it, the more i see that its just something we should expect - its just a reflection on real life society.

In same way that people are happy with mediocrity in game, people are happy with mediocrity in their real lives. Many people do not contribute to society, are a negative drain on society, do not look to better themselves as people or their situation/wealth, dont invent or create, and commonly take the path of least resistance and unwilling to take risks.

I suppose ones personal level of need for self improvement and cicumstances can define both your success in real life and in game.


dude, it's a GAME :shock:

I could probably fill the healer slot in some serious premade if I wanted to, but honestly I just log in to have fun times. Got enough of "serious boisband" activities back on live.

and then, once you have your epic boisband up, you will proceed to farm scrubs and randoms for for some hours until everyone is tired of farming random lowbies and just lose interest altogether into the game because it's hardly challenging at that point?

lastalien
Posts: 356

Re: Why don't more people join SC groups from /5?

Post#34 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:51 pm

Tiggo wrote:
Dalgrimar wrote:
DefinitelyNotWingz wrote:The queue times as a grp make me think twice about inviting a third player.
Waiting an eternity for scs is not my cup of tea.

Yep quee times as a group definatly became allot longer.



well queue time is long because people dont group up ... people dont group up because queue time is long ...

...


We need remove all restrictions on entry premaid group.
we need a common entry for all
Petitbras (SW), Threeend (BW), Arrgoor (SL), Popovich (KoTBs), Semenich (Eng), Ancle (WP), Lastalien (WL), Alienessa (AM)


User avatar
DefinitelyNotWingz
Posts: 286

Re: Why don't more people join SC groups from /5?

Post#35 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:54 pm

So, if the game is supposed to be balanced around grps (wbs) but nobody is interested in grping, does forming a premade needs to be more appealing? (carrot on a stick)

My impression in the past was that 6on6 and therefore grpplay is a niche and the pure joy of playing in a grp is supposed to be the only incentive behind.
According to op/this thread it is not working.
You know who I am.

User avatar
Natherul
Lead Developer
Posts: 1632
Contact:

Re: Why don't more people join SC groups from /5?

Post#36 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:55 pm

lastalien wrote:
Tiggo wrote:
Dalgrimar wrote:Yep quee times as a group definatly became allot longer.



well queue time is long because people dont group up ... people dont group up because queue time is long ...

...


We need remove all restrictions on entry premaid group.
we need a common entry for all


Not sure I get your point correctly or not but:
So what? we go back to premades farming pugs over and over so there is less popping of SCs overall since the pugs dont really want to do SCs are they are just grinded with pretty much 0 chance of winning or getting anything?
Lead dev does not mean I´m the best coder around, it just means I have taken on a management role for the devs.
Join the Unofficial IRC
Idrinth´s addon database and client

User avatar
flintboth
Posts: 236
Contact:

Re: Why don't more people join SC groups from /5?

Post#37 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:58 pm

altharion1 wrote:Its not really an effort by me to change anything, scrubs will be scrubs and will be farmed forever.

It was more of a wider social commentary on the community, game as a whole and its player's mentality. However, the more i think about it, the more i see that its just something we should expect - its just a reflection on real life society.

In same way that people are happy with mediocrity in game, people are happy with mediocrity in their real lives. Many people do not contribute to society, are a negative drain on society, do not look to better themselves as people or their situation/wealth, dont invent or create, and commonly take the path of least resistance and unwilling to take risks.

I suppose ones personal level of need for self improvement and cicumstances can define both your success in real life and in game.


@altharion1
I think this quote respond at your first questioning.
Last edited by flintboth on Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Hé ! arrête de saigner ! Va servir à kek'choz !"

Tiggo
Game Master
Posts: 1956

Re: Why don't more people join SC groups from /5?

Post#38 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:00 pm

Natherul wrote:
lastalien wrote:
Tiggo wrote:

well queue time is long because people dont group up ... people dont group up because queue time is long ...

...


We need remove all restrictions on entry premaid group.
we need a common entry for all


Not sure I get your point correctly or not but:
So what? we go back to premades farming pugs over and over so there is less popping of SCs overall since the pugs dont really want to do SCs are they are just grinded with pretty much 0 chance of winning or getting anything?


exactly. overall you cant educate people its just as simple as that. you prbly. just need thrice the population to just have enough players being interested in group scs ...
- Martock - Tiggo - Antigonos - Mago - Hamilkar - Melquart
- Smooshie (Destro)

User avatar
altharion1
Posts: 205

Re: Why don't more people join SC groups from /5?

Post#39 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:10 pm

So due to the higher pop rate, the pug SC is the most profitable way to do SCs.

Should it be like that? Cant we reward people who enjoy grouping or solo play more fairly. ie group SCs are harder to win and take longer to pop thus should reward with increase renown and emblems?
WL Althii
SM Althirion
DoK Milkmilk
BO Sizematters

Youtube Vids

User avatar
Olszewski
Posts: 228

Re: Why don't more people join SC groups from /5?

Post#40 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:12 pm

I can tell you I haven't formed a proper 6 man in a while. ROR is just a game and ppl have real life things going on especially during the holidays. I haven't played my slayer because mostly on heals now. N/A competitive SC population slowing going down. The Negative stuff chat in all chat channels during the time I'm on doesn't help the community. My recent approach from a team/staff member has turned the game I loved to play into having bad feelings about ROR Some of my guild mates/non guild mates feel the same. I wish things were better. Believe me this has/has potential to be the best pvp and I loved it.The constant changes to the same classes over and over doesnt help. This also effects group play and getting groups together. I will still continue to play (probably not as much as I used to.) and hope for best. That is all we can do.
Last edited by Olszewski on Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Olszewski: Slayer, Shamira: Sword Master, Olszewskiii: Rune Priest, Natania: Witch Hunter. Guild Leader of Train Wreck. "Sometimes darkness can show you the light"-Disturbed.

Return to “General Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Fey and 1 guest