Recent Topics

Ads

Improve Talabec Dam

Let's talk about... everything else
Martok

Re: Improve Talabec Dam

Post#21 » Mon Jan 16, 2017 4:04 pm

I got into a few of these last night and as a result want to add this comment. I think the primary reason the SC is currently taking so long to complete is due in large part to the mount and stealth debuff. No one wants to run the bomb knowing they will have to spend the remainder of the SC on foot. Just an observation.
Blame It On My ADD Baby...

Ads
Tesq

Post#22 » Mon Jan 16, 2017 4:12 pm

ppl ARE ACTUALLY FORCED to play 1 sc if only that pop....... tough is not the case but as general statement is true.

drmordread
Suspended

Post#23 » Mon Jan 16, 2017 4:26 pm

Luuca wrote:
Torquemadra wrote:
jorgemarco wrote:Ok, as you want. Average time in this sc is about 12-13 minutes. Reward 3 medallions for a win. So is this fair? If you limit rewards cause ppl is lazy you will have lazy, frustrated and bored community.
Feel free not to queue for it, problem solved.
This is the solution I would also suggest.

I haven't checked the Bug tracker yet, but last night, if you died with the bomb in TD, you couldn't mount again. SOme said that a clean turn in would reverse it, bu for me, it did not.

In a 12v12, TD (bug free) can be a lot of fun. 6v6 with two of your party unable to mount to get where they are needed, it was a massacre.
That bug is also back in Howling Gorge
Morrdread Ladydread Kickyerbutt Tamorrah Whisperrss SutSut Amniell
Lolyou Tahw Fortuna Sarissa Yiorrrgos
(and eight more to keep you guessing)

jorgemarco

Post#24 » Thu Jan 19, 2017 6:31 pm

Again another sc where enemy lost first fight in balanced number of players, then they refused to fight, we won and we got 3 medallions. IS NOT the winner side fault they refuse to fight. We need get a static reward of medallions (at least 6 like nordenwatch).In the past getting merc could be frustrant. Imagine now getting 3 medallions per win.

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#25 » Thu Jan 19, 2017 6:52 pm

jorgemarco wrote:Again another sc where enemy lost first fight in balanced number of players, then they refused to fight, we won and we got 3 medallions. IS NOT the winner side fault they refuse to fight. We need get a static reward of medallions (at least 6 like nordenwatch).In the past getting merc could be frustrant. Imagine now getting 3 medallions per win.
You must be running a very dominant group spec the other team can clearly see they will stand no chance against fighting.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

jorgemarco

Post#26 » Thu Jan 19, 2017 7:04 pm

My god. PUG sc. If we have better setup or better players is not our fault (actual system always unbalance teams, wich is not our fault too) . So if they want to fight and lose, or if they dont, we deserve anyway our full reward. i think its logical omg.

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#27 » Thu Jan 19, 2017 7:08 pm

jorgemarco wrote:My god. PUG sc. If we have better setup or better players is not our fault (actual system always unbalance teams, wich is not our fault too) . So if they want to fight and lose, or if they dont, we deserve anyway our full reward. i think its logical omg.
Think whatever you'd like, but we've discussed this before. Just because it happened again doesn't invalidate what was already said.

If you pubstomp your enemy and they give up, then you will stop accumulating rewards. Rewards are earned through fighting, not from making the opposition leave the field. You deserve no unearned rewards.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

jorgemarco

Post#28 » Thu Jan 19, 2017 7:15 pm

Then improve the system in scs. Make possible balanced teams. Any other way is unfair. People are forced to play scs to get some sets or weapons, and some people dont like play scs cause are literally a pain with the actual mechanic. So this should be changed. Open rvr shuld give the option of getting merc too and weapons, cause the experience of a game is getting fun, and getting a set with ur effort, but not being forced to play so unbalanced scs. If someone enjoy scs a lot they will still play them, but the ppl dont like shouldnt. And no, sets are not nearly equal. Mercenary and anni changes a lot specially in some classes, so open more possibilities. Ppl deserve a better experience.

Ads
Dabbart

Post#29 » Thu Jan 19, 2017 7:22 pm

Wait... Am I missing something? Run the part and you will get your full reward. Perform the actual objectives, and you will win with 500 points. If a particular SC is against your liking, Don't Queue for it.

And stop saying balanced number's. Numbers mean nothing, if you have 0 healers. I see premades all the time(and hear my own on coms) call it quits cause they refuse to get farmed. Most of em prefer to AFK for 10 then try and fight for a close loss. So go cap flags and run the part. If they are defending you from doing this, then guess what? You have a fight on your hands so no complaints!

ORvR gives ORvR rewards, SCs give SC rewards. Why would you want all rewards available from all things? Other than laziness. No one is "forcing" you to run SCs. If you believe the gear is good enough that you "have too" then that is on you. Either way, stop being facetious about it to try and prove a point.

Each class is different, for each individual spec. No, you shouldn't have top BiS gear easily. It should take a little bit of work.

TLDR: Stop being the definition of crazy.
Azarael wrote: It's only a nerf if you're bad.

(see, I can shitpost too!)
Secrets wrote: Kindly adjust your attitude to actually help the community and do not impose your will on it. You aren't as powerful as you think.

RyanMakara

Post#30 » Thu Jan 19, 2017 7:55 pm

jorgemarco wrote:Then improve the system in scs. Make possible balanced teams. Any other way is unfair. People are forced to play scs to get some sets or weapons, and some people dont like play scs cause are literally a pain with the actual mechanic. So this should be changed. Open rvr shuld give the option of getting merc too and weapons, cause the experience of a game is getting fun, and getting a set with ur effort, but not being forced to play so unbalanced scs. If someone enjoy scs a lot they will still play them, but the ppl dont like shouldnt. And no, sets are not nearly equal. Mercenary and anni changes a lot specially in some classes, so open more possibilities. Ppl deserve a better experience.
Balanced teams are already the aim in scenario queue code, but if we enforce this too heavily it has an impact on overall queue times. It's an argument of quality over quantity at that point. Without a PvP ladder, there will always be a divide between good solo players, good team players, bad solo players, and bad team players. You're not forced to do anything in this game, but it is true Scenarios award unique currencies exactly to ensure people will play them aside from RvR, if they desire a certain weapon/armor set.

Personally, I'm not against currency conversion between Scenario and RvR tokens, I would heavily nerf the rate though so it'd take you more than twice as long in RvR to get Scenario rewards, and vice versa, as you're refusing to play a certain game aspect, yet demand the same reward. 1 RvR medal = 2 Scenario medals, and 12 Scenario medals = 1 RvR medal would be my proposed rate. There is a heavy resistance against this idea, however, as we see Scenarios and RvR as separate gameplay aspects that players will simply have to partake in per design, if they want the specific rewards offered by them.

Playing Scenarios solo is always a pain. Want to relieve that pain a bit? Play in a group. Scenarios are essentially group-based PvP encounters. While it is true a pug Scenario goes against that philosophy, it was pretty much a player suggestion to break the premade versus pug stomp era. Now, we deal with the apparent negative consequence of pugging in group-based PvP instances, mostly situated around a lack of organised objective play. Go figure :roll: