Ads

Cultivating stuff

Let's talk about... everything else
emiliorv
Suspended

Cultivating stuff

Post#1 » Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:51 am

Hello

I´m thinking in grow cultivatng skill, but i didn´t get any seed/soil/can dropped (im lvl33 and got some alters around T1). I remenber in early live war to get a load of that stuff dropped everywhere, so i really dont know how/where could get the stuff to cultivate. I´ve checked the forum searching some answers but didn´t find any...

Ads
hogo2hogo

Re: Cultivating stuff

Post#2 » Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:54 am

Start cultivating with lvl 1 seeds, which can be found at any vendor (except Warcamps i think). When the seed "crits", you will get a seed of the next level (lvl1->25, 25->50 etc, etc).
Use soil ( i think), or the material that lowers the chance to be crit (ONLY DO IT WHEN YOU HAVE LOW (<4) Number of seeds (to avoid running out of them).

Otherwise, you can search the Auction House by typing "seed" or "spore", and try to find a corresponding level.

blaqwar

Post#3 » Mon Jan 16, 2017 3:47 pm

To clarify the above post, you don't need to use the additives when cultivating and except for the situation explained above when you're trying to prevent the seeds from failing players don't really use them. If you still want to try using them; here's what they do:

- Earth increases the chance to crit a seed
- Watering can increases the chance to get something special
- Nutrient reduces the chance for the seed to fail

You can buy all the additives from a craft supply merchant.

To level up cultivating (and get higher level seeds) you will need to buy the rank 1 seeds from the craft supply merchant and simply grow plants until you get a special moment (also known as a super crit). When a special moment occurs you will receive a plant one tier higher than the seed you used (in addition to some of the same tier plants and a dye pigment which you can make armor dyes out of). You can then reap that plant for the seed by using CTRL+Right Click and start producing plants of that level until you get a special moment there, continuing the cycle until you get level 200 seeds (and level your cultivating to level 200 along the way).

If you don't feel like leveling up the seeds yourself, since it takes a considerable amount of time and luck, you can check the Auction House as mentioned above or ask in trade/general chat if anyone would be willing to donate/sell some low level seeds, a lot of people save them.

For cultivating I'd encourage you to get the Miracle Grow Remix addon (with Crafting Info Tooltip) which will simplify and streamline the whole process. I wrote about it here.

emiliorv
Suspended

Post#4 » Tue Jan 17, 2017 12:54 pm

Lotta thx for the info, i´ve downloaded that addon (still didnt used yet). I have another question (as curiosity)....this change in cultivating skill/seeds/cans/etc was made on live or is a RoR change?? I remember to have a alter only as a vault for cultivating items cans (rare and even epic), soil, seeds...that was a bunch of drops of different level and quality...lol

blaqwar

Post#5 » Tue Jan 17, 2017 1:58 pm

Mythic changed the crafting system a lot in the patch 1.2 when they removed all the uncommon/rare/very rare curious for talisman making and a bunch of cultivating additives that dropped from butchering.
Mythic wrote: Changes to Additives:
We have significantly reduced the number of additives needed, allowing players to use additives across a greater number of plant skill levels.
* A number of soil, watering cans, and nutrients have been removed from the game.
* Soil now reduces germination time and increases critical chance.
* Watering Cans now reduce germination time and increase the chance of an exceptional result.
* Nutrients now reduce germination time and reduce the chance of failure.
* Cultivation Additives can now be purchased from vendors and guild vendors.
* Cultivation Additives removed from Butchering and Scavenging loot tables.
* Skill 200 Cultivation Additives added to the standard vendor.
(This is from here, difficult to read but that's what I came up with a quick search)

Now you can get all the cultivating additives and seeds from vendors, apart from two types of soil (one rare and one very rare) which you can get from PQ bags (but they're kinda useless since it's not easy to farm them for large-scale production). Oh and hybrid seeds but those aren't implemented on RoR yet.

At any rate, these changes are from the retail version, the RoR devs haven't tempered with the crafting system... yet. :P

Edit: You can find more general info on the WAR wiki: http://warhammeronline.wikia.com/wiki/Cultivating

DirkDaring

Post#6 » Tue Jan 17, 2017 11:24 pm

Yup as others mentioned, I've had around 6 toons between live and here that were 200 culv.

You can use the additives in the growing cycle, but if you are just trying to skill up. Then I'd not waste the coin,

The only thing I'd use would be the one that lessens the chance of seed loss, but only if you are getting low.

You can skill up pretty much all the way to 200 on lvl 1 water and soil, if I remember.

Ask in chat too, a lot of players have low lol seeds that they will just give you, I used to send out a lot of 25, 50 lvl seeds to new culvatiors in game.

Good luck

Naryaring1

Post#7 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:59 pm

Hi all :)
i have a problem crafting dyes: i have the pigment, i bought conteiner and fixer. When a press brew nothing happens.
Any advice?
Tnx