Recent Topics

Ads

hold the line ability bug?

Let's talk about... everything else
footpatrol2

hold the line ability bug?

Post#1 » Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:44 am

So I was doing some field testing today with friends with the hold the line ability and getstats.

So according to .getstats hold the line does not provide a 15% dodge/disrupt to allies behind the tank conducting the hold the line ability over them.

Was there a dramatic change that happened somewhere that I missed?
I remember when the server was in t3 I conducted the exact field testing and hold the line worked then.

Ads
Gerv
Banned

Re: hold the line ability bug?

Post#2 » Thu Jan 19, 2017 10:59 am

Best way to check it out would be to test HtL out of grp and then in grp with the player being cast hold the line on collecting a a ss of .getstats before the test and when the ability is being casted. Use Enemy to indicate the range distance to prove to yourself and to the bug tracker that you were in range.

Then see what it .getstats says and if you think there is a bug, then submit a report.
Sia - DoK - Lords
Boyd - WP - O.S.

Daknallbomb
Game Artist

Post#3 » Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:22 am

Not all spells and taktics are shown in. Getstats. U rly have to test it
Tinkabell 40/41 Magus Whaagit 40/41 SH Whaagot 40/54 BO Daknallfrosch 40/72shammy

footpatrol2

Post#4 » Thu Jan 19, 2017 8:12 pm

So I did a bug report on hold the line and was told:

"getstats doesn't show this increase because of how it is implemented"

and then the issue was closed.

Does that mean hold the line benefits allies when it is being used?
Is "Hold the Line" working as the tooltip reads?

Luth

Post#5 » Thu Jan 19, 2017 8:24 pm

Yes it works on allies; my guess (from a non-coder perspective): There are stacking rules that are applied to every buff per default; if something doesn't work according to these rules, there is a workaround in place to force the different handling on this specific ability/tactic. In this case, 3x the same buff from 3 different characters must stack, which is against the normal buff stacking rules. Therefore it's probably not shown in .getstats. There are some other exceptions too.

footpatrol2

Post#6 » Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:39 pm

I conducted similar testing when the server was in t3 and the hold the line buff stacked 3 times.

Now I notice individual HTL buff's place on the reciever per hold the line participant. I just assume its working as intended. Only real way for a player like me to test it now is to grab 3 tanks and a healer and get a opposing faction Rdps to toss damage at the healer and just record all the damage being thrown out over a long period of time to see if the dodge/disrupt rates are actually correct. Bah.

Dabbart

Post#7 » Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:45 pm

Or you can go to any zone and test on shooting PvE mobs...

But yes, the phrase "testing" sometimes actually requires you to test.
Azarael wrote: It's only a nerf if you're bad.

(see, I can shitpost too!)
Secrets wrote: Kindly adjust your attitude to actually help the community and do not impose your will on it. You aren't as powerful as you think.

Sufferkate

Post#8 » Sun Jan 22, 2017 9:33 am

would be nice to show a visual graphic so randoms know that they are within the protected area.
(SADIST wb lead) TPE,RedRedKroovy,RealHorrorShow, DomiHate,Droogy,DaMachineBigBoomiesTpeDollMolokoPlus, UltraViolence,DaGreenReaper,TheOLDinOUTSufferKate,Xoz,
Banned since:3/26/22

Ads
Luth

Post#9 » Sun Jan 22, 2017 9:35 am

They get the buff and iirc there is even a visual effect.