Recent Topics

Ads

Armor Sets (And Where to Find Them)

Let's talk about... everything else
HeroesFall

Armor Sets (And Where to Find Them)

Post#1 » Thu Jan 19, 2017 1:31 pm

As a new / returning player with not a ton of experience on what is available and where to go to find them, I thought I'd start a thread to ask for the input of our more experienced WAR'mates...

Part of the fun of this game for me, is the awesome Warhammer art that comes through in the armor / weapons of the different classes. I think its great that in this game you can also dye your armor. Is it possible to mix and match appearances? I know there are "alternate appearances" also, though I have no idea HOW to switch to alternate (or other) appearances.

Most importantly, is acquiring said gear in order to at least have it in your arsenal to show off. I did some looking on the Warhammer wiki and saw there is basically an armor set for each type of play - Dungeons, PQ's, RvR, and Consignment (in t2 / t3 only). Because PQ's aren't fully operational and getting loot rewards from that seems very rare at this point in the game's life, I thought I'd cut that from the list. My understanding is dungeons are also in similar situation, so I figured we could also delay that discussion for later.

For Consignment, supposedly you start quests in each of the 3 factions t2/t3 zones which involves both RvR and PvE. Does anyone know what these quests are called to get started for Order and Destruction?

For RvR, I know there are quests at certain hubs in certain zones, but thus far running around with a warband in t2/t3, I've only seen 1 repeatable kill quests, and with all the quests available in a hub, it'd be awesome to pinpoint which quests will lead to armor / weapon rewards. In addition, I understand a great deal of RvR gear comes from keep / lord kills, but this is highly based on chance. Of all the characters you folks have had, what's the percentage you were able to complete a full t2/t3 set before leaving for t4? What role did you play? I feel at this point on my Borc that I won't be seeing a full set before I leave for t4, as I gained 4 levels last night and didn't see any loot drop. Happy about the fast leveling, sad I might completely miss out on that set.

In the end, should the earlier tier sets even be something work collecting, or is it a waste of time because you can't transfer the graphic later? Thanks much.

Ads
blaqwar

Re: Armor Sets (And Where to Find Them)

Post#2 » Thu Jan 19, 2017 2:41 pm

You won't find a complete guide to armor appearances for RoR as:
a). there have been a lot of changes between AoR and RoR and the devs on RoR have assigned different appearances to armor to increase the variety
b). the community is too small and the game is still changing so no database has been established, it's pretty much up to players researching on their own and such knowledge is most of the time closely guarded (cause unique snowflake syndrome).

So you'll have to figure out what unique appearances you can get where by yourself or get lucky and have someone who has done the work help you out.

Also keep in mind that the actual amount of gear gotten from keep takes is abysmal compared to the amount that is (has to be) bought from vendors. There are green items for your appropriate level at vendors at the top of the keeps and in the main cities that you can buy for cash-gold. Then there are 4 distinct armor sets currently in game for all tiers (only 3 for T1/T4):

1. Tracker & Stalker: PvE/PvP (T2/T3 only) - You pick up quests dispersed around T2/T3 that require killing a specific number of enemy careers of the opposing factions (players only). You are then given quests that require killing a hero NPC around the world, you receive parts of the 3&5 part set as a reward.
2. Carnage, Havoc, Mayhem, Ruin: Gold PvE PQ bags (all tiers) - Self-explanatory. These might be difficult to obtain as there aren't that many working PQs in higher tiers and there's not an overabundance of players doing them.
3. Decimator, Obliterator, Devastator, Annihilator: Gold RvR PQ bags or Medallions - These are very difficult to get from keep bags as there aren't a lot of them but after the recent changes they're VERY easy to get from a vendor as they require an insignificant amount of Medallions. The vendors are in the main cities.
4. Braggart, Challenger, Duelist, Mercenary: Drops in Scenarios or Emblems - Very difficult to get as a drop, decently easy to buy with Emblems.

More info here: http://warhammeronline.wikia.com/wiki/Armor_set

Then there's the ORvR influence reward armor and weapons (doesn't have a special appearance until T4, looks the same as the green vendor gear). And there's lair gear that has unique appearances and decent stats most of the time but there are only T1 and T4 lairs available atm (and 1 T3 lair I believe?).

Hope that helps. :)

Edit: Using the alternate appearance system is very easy, you open your character window and click on a checkbox in the lower left corner of the character display, the one next to "Appearance". You then drag and drop the gear that has the desired look into the gear slots, the item in that slot gets its appearance modified and inherits the model of the used item. It'll persist through logging out and unequipping and is bound to that specific item.

Keep in mind some items cannot have appearances assigned to them (most notably a lot of the green PvP gear from vendors), there is a dev-approved work-around for that (look here) and some items cannot lend their appearance to other items (some world-drop uncommon items).

HeroesFall

Post#3 » Thu Jan 19, 2017 3:19 pm

Thanks for taking the time to write a detailed reply!

So armor types 3 & 4 are capable of getting full sets for by farming the respective medallions / emblems at that tier. If you get one in a keep battle, its a bonus. this includes all items in the set (head, shoulder, hand, etc) and weapons?

For item 2, as it currently exists you'd need to reference the working PQ list and farm those respective PQ's (potentially at higher level as final stages generally aren't soloable). I do often see group requests for farming ruin, now I know what they are referring too.

Item 1, I think I might try to figure out what those quests are called on Destruction side and update this thread. Will be a while before I can do so for Order though. If someone already knows the quests names by zone, I can update the OP.

Regarding your first paragraph, I assume you are referring to the rare items like the squig cape, etc I've seen mentioned. I'm ok with that I suppose. My interest at this time is having a resource for people to know where to find things and how to get them from a general "common tier" outlook. If there is value I'd like to get this thread to the point it would be a valuable reference (stickiable) tool.

blaqwar

Post#4 » Thu Jan 19, 2017 3:29 pm

Yes, the whole sets of 3&4 are very easily (after the changes) collected by PvPing in that environment for a few levels. I forgot to mention that while Scenarios award a weapon you can buy with Emblems, ORvR offers only green weapons for sale from the vendor. For anything better you'd have to get exalted influence in the respective pairing (which is Dwarf/Orc and High Elf/Dark Elf except for T1 where you get the weapon in Empire/Chaos). Influence can be a bit of a grind and not as easy to gather as Emblems or Medallions.

And yes, the working PQ lists made by RazielHell in the general section is very useful when hunting for the PQ sets.

For Tracker and Stalker see here: Tracker & Stalker. It's not complete information but good enough along with some asking in /advice. :P

DirkDaring

Post#5 » Thu Jan 19, 2017 7:56 pm

shaggyboomboom

Post#6 » Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:16 pm

Note one thing - stats are mostly like (99.999999999999999999999999999999%) gonna be changed (i.e. no more stupid self heals procs), so don't base your predictions on those stats.

HeroesFall

Post#7 » Thu Jan 19, 2017 10:10 pm

Thank you all for posting and the information, it's incredibly useful. I was able to pick up the t2 quests and can now start farming that gear - don't know if the title is still available though.

If I can find pictures of each of the different sets, that might be useful for someone that finds this in the future.

blaqwar

Post#8 » Fri Jan 20, 2017 1:29 am

The titles connected to armor unlocks (or RvR for that matter) aren't implemented yet, so no dice on those for now.

There's some pictures of the Stalker/Tracker stuff on the wiki pages for them that I linked.

Then there's a lot of info posted here by Torquemadra who redesigned all these armor sets for RoR.

Red Armour = Devastator = RvR
Blue Armour = Mayhem = PQ
(both T3)
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=15770

Mercenary
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=12552

And T4 Epic quest weapons:
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=13203

Ads
DirkDaring

Post#9 » Fri Jan 20, 2017 3:40 am

Here's walkthrough for T3 epics .

Ancient Horror

https://youtu.be/K9eCuFAPC3U

Will of the warboss

https://youtu.be/nGY_uhHe_OU

Cleansing an Empire

https://youtu.be/nGY_uhHe_OU

Control
viewtopic.php?t=11971

T3 dest chaos

https://youtu.be/qNXhG8I194k

Honorable Decit
https://youtu.be/hTrYqPGiJl0

HeroesFall

Post#10 » Fri Jan 20, 2017 5:58 pm

This is very useful information.. keep it coming. I'm sure any newbie, or returning person to RoR that isn't familiar with the project's status, would greatly appreciate it.