Recent Topics

Ads

Improving framerate in Warhammer Online

Ask for in-game support. Bugs go to the Bug Tracker.
Forum rules
READ THE STICKIED THREADS BEFORE YOU POST IN THIS SUBFORUM.

The answers you may seek are likely already there.

Thank you.
Gnash

Re: Improving framerate in Warhammer Online

Post#41 » Fri Nov 24, 2017 1:48 pm

I see Razer mentioned like three times throughout: Synapse is all I see discussed within. I don't own any Razer peripherals; plain ol' Logitech K120 KB and even older 510+ mouse (both on their last legs; I'll drive 'em til they die).

Back on topic: I live in the states, -8 GMT, and so anything that helps in the lag dept. is good at this point. Well, really nothing was getting me past about 30fps, with GPU/APU and in game settings at med(-iocre). I used Razer Cortex quite a lot during live, but ended up moving to AMD Gaming Evolved app coz the developer of Radeon: Infinity Unleashed, Jon Mautari, was grabbed up by that team to infuse that POS Raptr app with some shiznizzle; which bombed just like the Infinity Unleashed app (which was the greatest thing to happen to my gaming in forever).

Hadn't thought about Razer Cortex (game lib, deals funnel, gamecast, gameboost/rigboost ["Tweak", "Boost", "Defrag"], Rig Analysis) coz I naively thought that just coz I have an AMD rig, that Raptr app MUST be better... :lol:

Happy to say since renewing my bromance with Razer Cortex, FPS is double and more, consistently, and the Gamecaster feature works flawlessly for capturing footage; in game overlay is np either! I have the games library set to WAR.exe so it doesn't boost til I click "CONNECT" in the RoR launcher (ALWAYS and ONLY launch RoR with the supplied RoR launcher!). No need for boost if linking to forum. Biggest bonus for moi: no rubber banding/semi stop motion during WB Keeptakes/defenses: NONE. Have been plagued with that nonsense for six months or more now: GONE. Here's a pic of FPS chart from this evening:
https://imgur.com/c0OQTVY
That's an enormous improvement, and that was in T2 Barak Varr, with 200+ players. The FPS for the 3 hours prior to that was even higher as I was roaming High Pass (forever) trying to remember the loc of Killing Frost for the cape unlock.

Cortex also works seamlessly with Arc, Steam, and yes, even Gaming Evolved/Raptr (and you don't have to rely on a third party capture platform with no latitude/adjustments. For the price (FREE version's what I use) the gain in quality and speed can't be beat.

Good Hunting :!:
"You're not 'someone' in this world until you're hated."
-GaruchillaJoe

"Warison"
-A bugle call to attack

Ads
aprilrussell

Post#42 » Thu Dec 21, 2017 2:49 am

A pretty nice guide I must admit. I would love to see technical explanation for the Ambient Occlusion setting though..

Caffeine

Post#43 » Mon Jan 01, 2018 9:59 pm

aprilrussell wrote:A pretty nice guide I must admit. I would love to see technical explanation for the Ambient Occlusion setting though..
I haven't been able to reproduce coholics results (from this post) on my end so I can't give a detailed explanation. I will update the Ambient Occlusion section if I find relevant information.
VinyUI | FPS Guide | Scenario Alert | Image Caffeine Image Decaf Image Vermont Image Nevada

tionblack

Post#44 » Mon Jan 01, 2018 10:14 pm

What do i do to cap FPS ? Turn on V-SYNC? IF i do so is there any other option i should change to support ENABLED V-SYNC ?

kill Droll you Kill this Server. DROLL is Community :wink:

Caffeine

Post#45 » Mon Jan 01, 2018 10:16 pm

Added the following section to Driver optimization:

[Nvidia] G-SYNC 101

A must read article for those of you who got a G-SYNC monitor for Christmas: https://www.blurbusters.com/gsync/gsync ... -settings/

If you're lazy like me here's a summary by Nicholas-Steel:
1) Turn on G-Sync* in the Nvidia Control Panel and configure it to prefer the maximum refresh rate. (*There are two places in the Nvidia Control Panel where you have to configure this). Your monitor OSD Menu should indicate whether or not G-Sync is active, your display may also have a LED Light indicator for G-Sync status.

2) Turn on Vsync in the Nvidia Control Panel (Nvidia Control Panel vsync keeps G-sync from exhibiting frame tearing while G-Sync keeps vsync from introducing horrible input lag).

3) Disable the in-game/application's vsync setting (don't do this via the Nvidia Control Panel), otherwise you will be using traditional vsync and not the implementation compatible with G-Sync.

4) For games that have no frame rate limiter, use a program like Riva Tuner Statistics Server to cap the programs frame rate so that its maximum FPS is 3 below your monitors maximum refresh rate. So you will configure RTSS to limit the frame rate to 141FPS on a 144Hz display for example. Be aware that some anti-cheat programs that some games utilize may not like you doing this/will treat RTSS as being unauthorized to modify the game process. Some games provide an option to limit the FPS.

5) Why limit the FPS? When the FPS exceeds the refresh rate G-sync will turn off but the G-Sync compatible vsync will remain active, without G-sync it will incur some additional input lag. Limiting the FPS prevents the game from exceeding the displays refresh rate and prevent the game from being able to disengage G-sync during gameplay.
source
VinyUI | FPS Guide | Scenario Alert | Image Caffeine Image Decaf Image Vermont Image Nevada

Wyzard

Post#46 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:28 am

Would like to add some things from my journey to optimizing my fps
I5 quad core 3.3 ghz
4 gig ram
Radeon 5700 1gig

Unpark cpus using unpark tool

Set game priority to high everytime u run it (run and admin, show all processes first)

Radeopro install and run each time to override video card settings for game, this will vary by card model but this forces radeon cfaa anti aliasing technology as well as anistropic filtering. Huge performance boost because the game seems to be trying to make video cards run one way, maybe it was programmed for nvidia, i dunno.

Those three things changed everything for me plus all the other things mentioned here. Not only did my fps go up but the game looks better.
Archmage : Darktown Strutter
Ironbreaker : Datbookdoe
BrightWizard : Wyzard Mode

Caffeine

Post#47 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:13 am

Added the following section to System optimization:

Check your RAM frequency

WARNING: If you don't know what BIOS is that's a good indication you shouldn't be making changes in it (no, googling doesn't count). If you change frequency or voltage without knowing what you're doing your system will fail to boot or worse.
[...] I used CPU-Z and checked my DRAM frequency, and it seemed to be out by about 267MHz (was 666.5x2, should have been 800x2). I updated my RAM speeds in my BIOS, and suddenly, no drops below 60fps at all in Battlefield 1. Similarly, I'm getting much higher and consistent framerates in Titanfall 2.

As far as I know, your speed in CPU-Z should be half of your max speed. If not, then check your BIOS settings to see if it's set correctly.
source
Also worth mentioning for those inexperienced if you buy overclocked ram like 3000 or 3200 MHz etc make sure you set the XMP up. I was running 2666 for awhile before I realized it doesn't plug n play at those speeds.
source

Tesq

Post#48 » Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:25 am

I recently forced ambient occlusion on my card and i have to say i had an fps increase, the game is more stable onto 30 fps, tough idk how many fps i gained the difference is pretty much visible.

Maybe war client force after all strange behaviour on gpu and bypass client setting with radeon pro made the trick.

Ads
Wyzard

Post#49 » Sat Feb 24, 2018 3:08 am

Tesq wrote:I recently forced ambient occlusion on my card and i have to say i had an fps increase, the game is more stable onto 30 fps, tough idk how many fps i gained the difference is pretty much visible.

Maybe war client force after all strange behaviour on gpu and bypass client setting with radeon pro made the trick.
I can second that.

Also i turned off 8n game post processing and use both fxaa and smaa on radeon pro for post processing to greater fps.
Archmage : Darktown Strutter
Ironbreaker : Datbookdoe
BrightWizard : Wyzard Mode

Tesq

Post#50 » Sat Feb 24, 2018 11:47 am

Oh, ye? Off Post processing and use fxaa..... interesting maybe we should just turn down all client settings and put max all gpu program settings.